Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

Her Butler, Mission

You stopped the carriage outside of the church, having arrived at your destination. The Queen had sent a letter that morning requesting that Ciel look into some things there for her. Word had caught Her Majesty’s ear that numerous foreigners had been showing up dead there, their bodies drained of all the blood and hung as if being crucified. Ciel had called in another who was of the Underworld party; he was waiting at the front gate when the two of you arrived.

“Good-afternoon, my lord,” he greeted. “And how be you this fine day?”

“I have had better,” replied Ciel. “Yourself, Undertaker?”

Undertaker waved a hidden hand. “Fine, fine; business has been booming since the findings of these lovely customers, all white and frail. It’s quite a splendid sight if I may say so.”

Ciel rolled his eye and walked towards the church. Gazing around at the scenery, you noticed nothing out of the ordinary. It was a small country church, trees grew all around and a small cemetery lay to the East of it. You opened the door for Ciel and Undertaker and you all went inside to find clues as to the strange murders. There was nothing out of the ordinary inside either; the rows of seats were lined up straight, the podium was in order for the priest, and the cross that hung behind it had only the figure of the Lord Jesus being crucified.

“A holy place, a sanctuary, not a respite for an unclean one,” you mumbled, examining the back of the building and podium.

Ciel and Undertaker were filing through each row, looking for anything left behind. So far there was no luck from anybody, but the search continued. Undertaker giggled oddly as he went up and down the rows, examining them almost as if he were examining the flesh of a corps. You studied the podium for a long while; there was a feeling that didn’t settle right. Taking hold of the sides, you pushed against it and it retracted, revealing a hidden stairway.

“Young master,” you called. “Over here.”

Ciel and Undertaker came at your beckoning and looked down into the hole. Undertaker, without hesitation, descended the stairs.

“What are you doing?” asked Ciel, shocked that Undertaker would be so bold.

“What are you scared about?” Undertaker went down a few more. “Are you assuming the heebie-jeebies to be down there?” He giggled uncontrollably.

Making a fist, Ciel held himself together. “No, I want to try and be rash about all of this.”

Undertaker waved a dismissive hand at you. “Oh, that is very distasteful; let your sense of adventure take over.” He smiled widely, a creepish grin running from ear to ear.

“Would you like me to scout it out?” you asked, bowing to Ciel.

He nodded. “Don’t take too long; go down there and come right back up as soon as you’ve seen the bottom.”

“Yes, sir.” Undertaker moved out of your way and you descended the stairs into darkness.

Being devoid of light, you made your way easily; being a demon, you could see in the dark. The stairs went for a few miles before they stopped. What awaited you there was horrific. Slung upon each wall in rows were crosses, and on each one of those was a body. Taking a closer look, many were men. The floor beneath your feet was painted in black lines and runes, the crosses were lined up along each of these; they made a five-point pentagram.

A devilish grin displayed itself on your face. “The murderer wishes to summon a demon, and with souls no less. A very persuasive way to get one’s attention.”

The lifeless bodies hung limp and the smell of rotting flesh was pungent. Leaving the scene behind, being able to do nothing about another demon’s contract, you returned to the surface. Ciel and Undertaker were leaning against the podium, a bored expression on Ciel’s face, when you reappeared.

“What was down there?” Ciel inquired.

“A ritual,” you replied, “to summon a demon.”

Ciel gave the hole a hard glare. “Was there anything about the deaths?”

“Yes,” you said. “There are hundreds of corpses down there as bait for the demon.”

“That still does not tell us as to why they are dead.” Ciel pounded his fist on the podium; Undertaker giggled in the corner of the room.

“What’s so funny?” Ciel demanded, noticing Undertaker. “If you know something, speak up!”

“Summoning a demon with a tasty meal; fill its belly and appease it; make it bend to his will; destruction of thousands it releases,” stated Undertaker, a goofy grin on his face.

“I don’t want poetry,” cried Ciel. “Stop babbling and tell me what it is you are thinking!”

You cut in. “Master, he has a point.” You pointed to the stairs. “Down there is a summoning ground for a demon; with a demon contracted to you for the soul purpose of destroying mankind, you would be taking ‘cleansing’ to another level.”

Ciel’s mouth turned into a snarl. “So they are the ones behind this.”

“It seems to be my lord,” you replied.

Ciel leaned against the podium and placed his head in his hands, shoulders shaking. “Sebastian, I want you to go down there and destroy the ritual; then seal it all up, so no one will ever find it again,” he said with anger in his voice.

“As you wish,” you answered. Turning on your heal, you returned to the summoning ground.

You went through the rows of corpses, hunting for the right one to start with. A young woman was hung at the tip of one of the star’s points and you decided on her. Taking hold of the cross, you hefted it out of the ground and threw it against the opposite wall, the wood and body making a sickening crunch. The only things you could disturb were the bodies, they were only the bait to lure a demon. The pentagram however was not able to be destroyed as everything else. After throwing the last of the crosses and bodies against the walls, you proceeded to the next step. Without being able to break the floor, you went for the ceiling. With one hit, stones came raining down. You exited quickly by use of the stairs. Everything was coated in a thick layer of rubble that would take a lifetime to excavate. Feeling satisfied with your work, you returned to Ciel’s side.

Ciel clung to a pew and Undertaker was sprawled out on the ground when you exited. “What in the world was that, Sebastian! Were you trying to get us killed?”

You smirked. “No, sir, I was merely accomplishing what you ordered.”

Ciel nodded and let go of the pew. “Then it is done.”

“Yes, young master,” you replied.

Undertaker didn’t move from his place on the floor. “Are you sure about that? You said it was a summoning ground, does that not usually come with something?” he laughed, a hand coming up to his face and straightening his top hat.

You frowned. “Then one has already been summoned.”

“Why not go take a look,” answered the Undertaker, giggling like a mad man.

You flew out the doors and scouted the woods outside. There was nothing you could hear, but now you were able to sense a presence far off. Looking in that direction, you saw the demon that had been summoned. He was an average sized man, with blond hair and dull green eyes; he wore a black priest robe. He smiled slyly as he noticed you staring at him.

“The cat has found the mouse,” he called out, disappearing from sight. He reappeared next to you. “The demon, Michaelis; the one who is powerful beyond all knowledge.”

You scowled. “And you are?”

The demon bowed. “I am Randolf Quint.” His eyes glowed red.

“What is one so young doing making contracts so soon?” you asked, arms folded.

He tilted his head and made a bored face. “I am a demon. I can make a contract any time I please.”

Striding over to him, you grabbed his ear. He howled. “Then since you are so apt to sample the horderves, why don’t you tell me the forming of the contract you just made before you run off.”

Randolf hissed. You smiled and removed the glove that covered your contract. “Fine, fine!” he cried, agreeing.

“That’s a good boy.” You released your hold on his ear, blood running from it.

Randolf rubbed his ear tenderly. “I contracted myself to a crazy loon who wasn’t right in the head. He thought all foreigners were evil and wanted them to be rid of. I only said yes because his soul smelled wonderful.”

You made a clicking sound with your tongue. “Tisk; you are a naïve child.” You locked eyes with him and yours glowed fiercely. He cowered. “Learn your place. The human world is interesting enough, but the only way to see it is if the humans are alive.”

Randolf chuckled uncomfortably. “Then what to you say I should do, oh great one?” he joked.

That did not please you. “End your contract with him and set off home. We do not need a nuisance around.” You grinned then as a thought occurred. “And if you still wish to pillage, there is a Grim Reaper inside who might just be willing to kill you.”

Randolf went white as a sheet. “No, not a Reaper. There has been one that has been unrelenting to stop following me.”

Your own face fell. “I have a feeling I know who you are referring to you.”

A shiver ran through Randolf. “I will go end the contract now, that way I won’t have two Reapers after me.”

Nodding in approval, you headed back inside the church. “Be quick about it; I do not want to see your face like this again, understood?” you said over your shoulder.

“Right,” replied Randolf.

Instantly, he was gone, running off to find his master. Undertaker stood in the doorway as you entered.

“Was that the summoned?” he asked, looking in the direction he had run off in.

“Yes,” you replied.

You only got a few steps past Undertaker before he burst out laughing. “That was too funny! You treated him like a child.” He laughed harder. “Daddy Sebastian, it has a nice ring to it.”

Glaring at him, you restrained yourself from killing him. “Please do not say such things.”

Undertaker giggled harder. “Oh, my. Such amusement, it is beautiful!”

You scoffed at him and went to Ciel’s side. “It is done, sir.”

“Good,” replied Ciel. “Now we can return to the manor and I can let the Queen know all is well.”

“Very well, sir.” The two of you exited the church; Undertaker closed up and followed along behind.

Climbing into the carriage, Ciel faced Undertaker who was leaning against the fence. “Would you like to visit at the manor for a bit?”

He looked up at you surprised. “My; well, if you are allowing, I will not refuse the offer.” He climbed in with Ciel.

You shut the door and climbed up into the driver’s seat. The ride back to the manor was uneventful. Undertaker let out a few death defying laughs, but no other calamities happened. As the carriage stopped at the front entrance, Orea burst out and headed straight for you. The look on her face was not at all welcoming, it was panic-struck.

“Sebastian!” she cried, grabbing hold of your arm.

Ciel and Undertaker were now out of the carriage and Ciel faced her, a look of concern on his face. “Orea, is something the matter?”

Undertaker never let his gaze off of her as she spoke. “It’s Soma. We were out in the yard playing with Pluto, and…well, Pluto got a little too excited and pounced on him in his wolf form.”

You groaned. Ciel waved at you. “Go help see to it, I can manage here.”

You bowed and ran after Orea to where Soma had been taken. You entered the room to find him sprawled out on the bed, groaning.

“Oy, my head, my body, it all feels so heavy,” he mumbled.

“That’s because Pluto jumped on you,” Orea said, coming to his side. She brushed the hair that had fallen in his face out of the way and patted his cheek. “It is good to see you awake, highness.”

You stood next to the bed and examined Soma from there. “Do you have intense pain anywhere?” you asked.

Soma slightly shook his head. “No, I just feel so heavy, like an elephant sat on me.”

Mey-Rin, who was over in the corner of the room, started up giggling. Orea chuckled. “There was no elephant, though I do not doubt Pluto weighing the same amount as one.”
Motioning for Orea to move, you sat down next to Soma and felt his arms and leg, as well as his chest to see if there were any areas of damage that he may not feel. Finding none, you stood up. “There is good news, no broken bones or any other types of damage. Though I suspect you will be feeling very sore for a time.”

Agni appeared by your side and shook your hand with delight. “Oh, Sebastian, thank-you, that is joyous news to hear for his highness!”

“I am glad it pleases you, now,” you said, turning from Agni back to the door. “I must excuse myself.”

Orea stopped you before you left the room. “Do you need any assistance?” she asked.

You shook your head. “No, I am perfectly capable on my own.”

“Alright then. Call for me if you need anything.” She stepped away from the door and you went to the recreation room.

Ciel was entertaining Undertaker with a two-player game of Hearts; Undertaker on the other hand was building a small city out of his set. Ciel glanced your way as you entered, carrying a tray of tea.

“You’re back. How was he?” he asked, blowing in the direction of Undertaker, making one of the houses fall.

“He is as well as he ever is, only a bit sore,” you answered, setting a cup of tea in front of each of them.

“That is good news.” Ciel took a sip from the cup and watched as Undertaker built a wagon out of the cards.

“Who was that girl?” Undertaker asked after a silence. “The one who ran out the door.”

“She is our Head house-maid. I hired her two years ago and she has been here ever since,” replied Ciel, a bored look on his face.

“Mm,” said Undertaker, admiring his town. “And do you know anything about her?”

Ciel opened his eye and stared at Undertaker. “Is there something I should know?” he inquired of him.

Sitting back in his chair, Undertaker giggled. “Oh no, young Phantomhive, I was just a tad curious as to who this mystery woman was.”

You were tending to the fire, unmoving and listening closely. “I honestly do not care. She has been a faithful servant, so I do not see the reason to go scraping through her past,” Ciel said, taking another sip of his tea.

Picking up his teacup, Undertaker brought it to his lips, a grin playing at them. “I advise you to look into it; the details will be a thing to hear.”

“What do you know of her then?” asked Ciel.

Undertaker shook his head. “It is not my place to say, though I will give out this: you might want to watch that butler of yours there.”

Ciel turned to face you. “And why would I need to do that?” Waving a hand around, he pushed the subject aside. “Never mind, enough of this nonsense.”

Undertaker shut his mouth and sipped at his tea. You said nothing at all during this time, though your mind was racing with what he had let become knowledge. You would watch Orea closer, finding what it was she was truly up to. Glancing at Ciel, you knew he would do the same. The rest of the afternoon was dull. There was nothing else on the schedule for the day and Undertaker only stayed until he had finished his tea. You had moved to the library as Ciel was writing his report to the Queen; Ciel sighed and placed his head in his hands, leaning over on his desk.

“Why must I do these things?” he asked rhetorically.

You chuckled and sealed the document he had signed. “You are the guard dog of the Queen, young master. It is your duty to protect her.”

Sighing in frustration, Ciel placed his head on the desk, looking like a child who was sulking. “I know that, but why can I not find enjoyment in other things in life? I do not particularly find enjoyment in the duties of the Queen, but I must do them. Is the happiness I once had far from my reach, at least enough to show for Lizzy?”

You smirked behind his back. “Master,” you whispered, not loud enough for him to hear.

Ciel stood and headed for the door. “I think I will go see Prince Soma. Would you please deliver those documents to Her Majesty.”

“Yes, sir.” Ciel left the library, leaving you to your task.

Looking at your watch, you commented, “If I am to be back before the evening meal, I must hurry.” You walked out the door and went about your task.