Please Oh Maker, Help Me Decide

If I had just one little wish, I wish I could be as human as this

Please oh maker, help me decide, where to put these feelings aside. If I had just one little wish, I wish I could be as human as this.

Ever since Alex had heard that low whisper of 'I love you' he hasn't stopped trying to figure out if he was finally going insane. His best friend was his rock, the soul reason he was still existing. But his reason had left him, to fend for his own and be on his own.

He couldn't help but hate Jack just a bit, even though he knew that he could never hate him, he was just being selfish. Alex would always get drunk then wobble through the streets to Jack's grave, slump against the tombstone and cry. Sometimes he'd yell at it, grabbing at the grass and stomping around angrily, unable to get all his emotions out in the open. He'd say that Jack was selfish, a dick, that he was suppose to be Alex's best friend and help him through struggles and the elder would do the same for him. Then he'd break down sobbing, apologizing and saying that he loved him oh so much.

All of your troubles, will never fade till you're away. Look inside yourself and you will find a big mistake.
I... I'm falling faster, whose my master? Why do I bother? Life's just harder...


Honestly, for Alex, life was bland. He hated it. He kind of understood why Jack left, why even try when the people above you were constantly reminding you that you were worthless. Jack and Alex always had that problem in high school, but they were 24 now and still hanging off each other like their life depended on it. Well, they did kind of depend on each other. They've known each other since they were ten, that's a damn young age.

Please oh maker, help me decide, where to put these feelings aside. If I had just one little wish, I wish I could be as human as this.

Alex was slumped against Jack's tombstone, his head resting on it and his arms wrapped around it, with the hushed whispers of 'I love you' and 'I miss you'. He really wished Jack didn't have to go and leave him, but if the whisper was real and not Alex's imagination, that may be the key to his Jack.

He has been feeling the sensation of somebody watching him when he knew he was home alone, he brushed it off though. But he felt it right now and he hated it. He didn't understand it like he wanted to, he just wanted Jack to show him that he was there. He knew it was wishful thinking, but he just wanted Jack here with him.

Please oh maker.. help me decide...

He kept softly banging his head on the tombstone, he was being ridiculous. There was no such thing as ghosts, Jack was dead, gone, he left. He wasn't coming back, no matter what.

It was time Alex realized this and moved on, but he just couldn't.

Hello little robot there's nothing wrong, I am your maker in Fort Lovetron. So wake up from this melody. You can anything you wanna be, in this free world I can see your dream of water. Like the other swimming otters, free to be anything

With one final saying of 'I love you', Alex turned around and left for home. But, to Alex it wasn't home without Jack but he was going to have to live with the emptiness tugging at his heart. He couldn't do anything about it, that was that, everything was over for Jack and the same for Alex.

When he arrived home, he picked up all the bottles scattered everywhere, he was well aware of the self destruction he was causing but he couldn't bring it in himself to care. As of right now, he was sober and intended to stay that way for the reminder of the night.

After cleaning everything, he sat on the couch and flickered through TV. Even with the shitty jobs they owned, they were pretty well off. Their apartment was nice, everything in the apartment was nice, it was perfect for them.

you oughta be, in this hard world I can feel your dream of fire. Like the towers falling marauders, free to be anything. Please oh maker, help me decide, where to put these feelings aside. If I had just one little wish, I wish I could be as human as this.

When he headed off to bed though, he dressed in Jack's shirt and sweatpants, surrounding himself in the scent of his best friend to comfort him while we tried to sleep. He never had problems sleeping until now, he felt lonely without Jack snuggled up against him during the night.

Alex could really use his best friend right about now. He loved holding his best friend in such an intimate way, but still have it so innocent. Jack had expressed in multiple ways how much he loved cuddling, he always pressed up against Alex any chance he could get, even in high school. When they sat together at lunch, Jack was practically on top of the elder, he didn't mind it one bit. He enjoyed it and loved every single second of Jack softly giggling against his neck.

With a small smile he drifted off to sleep, remembering his life with Jack and imagining the what ifs..

All of my trouble have fade away because I stayed. Look outside myself and I have found, I am awake.

*two years later*

It would be an understatement to say that Alex had gone crazy.

He went insane. Shortly after an episode at a bar, he had turned onto hard drugs, anything to forget that his best friend wasn't with him anymore. The rest of the life that he had, had been crushed in the dirt. You'd often find him in an alleyway, screaming at inanimate objects, saying the name JackJackJack over and over.

He would say he could see and feel Jack, see the sadness in the younger's eyes as he watched his best friend destroy himself. How Jack had begged and cried for Alex to stop and get over the fact that Jack was gone. He never listened.

He wasn't there anymore and he never will be.

Dear oh maker, why did you try to settle my question of living this life? If you hear me, I will not lie. The feeling of murder is coming alive...

After everything Alex had done, he ended up overdosing and as a single act that everybody agreed on, he was to be buried next to Jack. They thought it was for the best, they obviously needed each other through life and death.

Alex finally got his Jack back after everything and the younger was disappointed in Alex but loved that they can be together forever.

They loved each other after all, you couldn't separate them for long.

They were like.. spaghetti and meatballs. Peanut butter and jelly. Marshmallow fluff and... Jack's tongue.