Status: one shot

Oh My God, What's Wrong With Head?

1/1

Jack was curled up in his bunk try to do anything to get rid of the pounding in his skull. The pain was so terrible that everything made it worse. Light, sound, movement, everything. He whimpered silently, clutching his throbbing head as the bus hit an especially large bump. The pain was so unbearable he wanted to cry, but even that made it worse. He couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't even leave his bunk. He pulled the blanket up over his head and shut his eyes as the sun peeked out from behind the clouds. Fuck, why hadn't he shut the blinds?
"How are you doing love?" Alex asked quietly as not to make Jack feel any worse.
"It hurts so bad, Lex." Jack whined.
"I know babe. I'm sorry." Alex sighed. "I brought you some water" He handed the bottled water to Jack, moving to help him sit up. Jack sipped at the water before slowly laying back again.
Alex frowned. It hurt him seeing the guitarist so out of character. He got up and shut all the blinds, blocking out the light. He sat back down, pressing a chaste kiss to the other boy's temple.
"Can I get you anything? Some painkillers maybe?" Jack shook his head slightly.
"Already took some. Didn't help."
"Poor baby." he felt fucking terrible for Jack. His frown deepened as Jack rolled over and buried his face, letting out a soft whine.
"Why don't you try to sleep, Jay?" Alex suggested.
"Can't. Hurts too much."
"Here, how about I lay with you?" Alex offered. Jack nodded gently, moving to make room for the older boy. Alex laid down and pulled Jack close to him. Jack pushed his face into his chest and snuggled into him. Alex held his boyfriend close, petting his hair gently and lazily tracing patterns into his hip. As much as he hated seeing Jack like this, he found the vulnerable part of him quite adorable. He couldn't help but think how lucky he was to end up with someone like Jack. He loved being able to call Jack his own. He just loved the boy to pieces. Even just the thought of the younger was enough to bring a smile to Alex's face.
Alex was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Jack sniffle.
"Oh love, It's alright." he cooed.
"It just hurts so much."
"Shh. I know baby, I know. Just try to go to sleep, you'll feel better."
Jack wiped at his face, eyes suddenly heavy. He closed them as he felt himself drifting off to sleep. Alex smiled, still holding Jack as close as humanly possible, and closed his eyes himself. He really hoped Jack felt better when he woke up. He allowed himself to drift off to sleep with his darling boyfriend in his arms.
-&-
Alex woke up a few hours later to Jack staring at him with those big brown eyes.
"Headache any better?" he asked. Jack nodded.
"Much. Thank you, Lex."
"Shh, don't thank me." Jack smiled at that.
"Hey Lex?"
"Yes, Jay?"
"I love you."
"I love you too, so much."
♠ ♠ ♠
Siigh, I feel like this is super short, but I wrote it because I feel like Jack does in this.. except I don't have an Alex cuddling me. Also, my headache didn't go away after a nap and I've legitly slept all day.