Immortal Creatures

It's Only the Beginning

The woods thickened the fast we ran which caused my eyes to readjust every time light hit the base of my cheeks. Alex continued to hold onto the rounds of my wrists, refusing to let go of his mighty grip. The both Alex and the guy ran so fast that my feet were starting to avoid the ground. Before I could even try to grasp the breath that I was trying to regain from the speed of the wind forcing down my throat, a strong beam of light blinded not only me, but the guys as well. A sound of a horn bolted into our ears in distress. Out the beams of light, Layton came quickly into the front of us. I can see his skin boil at the sight that I was combined with Alex’s hands. Instead of grabbing me immediately, he stood in a defending stance while staring down at the guys.

The stranger barked at him rudely to get him out the way of our path, “Come on pretty boy, move your ass.”

“Excuse me you filthy blood sucker,” Layton barked back.
Avoiding any more conflict between the two Alex threw me to Layton forcing me into his arms. “Go with him.”

I didn’t know what to say by the look I got from Alex’s face. I couldn’t tell if he was angry with me or Layton since his gaze grew mysterious as gawked at his posture. Layton gripped the middle of my forearm and dragged me to the car. I helplessly let him take me into the back seat while Wesley drove off leaving nothing, but balls of dust from the charcoal wheels. As the clouds of smoke faded away, the both of them were gone without a trace. I turned around to while scratching the sanity I have left from this night. Wesley waved her hands in panic as she screams to have an explanation.

“WHAT THE FUCK…HOW…OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD THAT GIRL
IS…SHE’S DEAD!”

“Wesley,” Layton shouted calmly.

“ARE YOU SHITTING ME…OH MY GOD!”

“WESLEY!”

“WHAT!”

“CALM THE FUCK DOWN!” Layton shouted as he began to get irritated.

“Oh, I’m sorry Layton I’ll react a lot better when I SEE ANOTHER PERSON COVERED IN THERE ON BLOOD!” Wesley sarcastically shouted.

“Please Wesley, just calm down and head to Mona’s since it’s closer…okay”

Wesley wiped the frightened tears from the beginning of the creases of her nose to the bottom of her chin while nodding her head in agreement. In my own state of mind, I tried to make since of what had happened. Nothing seemed to puzzle up together as I tried to figure out the clues. I wiped the sweat from my forehead as I grew irritated. We pulled up to the familiar darkened home that I called my own and all three of us bolted out to the front door. As I was searching for the key Layton noticed something odd. I watched his fingertips follow the indents of the door; pushing it while I watched in horror that door open freely.

Immediately, I forced myself in to search for my Aunt and Uncle. Both Welsey and Layton tried to grasp me, but I escaped their clutches. I flicked all the lights on in the lower floor to see nothing has been touched. Everything sat the way I left it I its rightful place. The only thing that was missing was my legal guardians. As I reached into the kitchen, something inside my head told me to investigate the top floor. Layton and Wesley this time followed side by side as we all traveled together up the stairs. Layton flicked on all the lights as he requested us to stay behind him. As we reached my room, he switched on the light to stare in shock. I pushed his body slightly to the right as I saw my room in ruins. Everything that touched the wooden floors was tossed or ripped apart. Looking at the fabric material, it looked as if a wild animal was set loose to shred every bit of merchandise. My heart began to beat roughly against my boned chest as I slowly toured my room. Layton started to search anywhere he could think of someone hiding, as Wesley phoned the police. Wesley was ordered by Layton to not bring up the scene at the party and told her let them find out on their own. Both Wesley and I grew suspicious why he thought that wasn’t important, but as told she disregarded the horror. Both of them have their own jobs as I stood helplessly in the middle of my tornado.

As I kicked up the damaged debris a splintery plank moved to the side of the room. As I looked down, I’ve noticed it as the same place where my mother’s diary was placed. I panicked as I noticed the missing memories were gone. Layton noticed my hands frantically going through trash and kneeled down to my level.

“It’s gone!”

He questioned me, but I ignored him by pushing him the opposite of my kneeled down stance. As soon as he was going to grab my attention, voices echoed through the hallways coming from the start of the stairs. My uncle yelled for me as he was anxious by the sight of police officers parked in the front of our home. Relief melted away my stress as I ran towards the comfort of his voice.

“Thank god you’re safe,” I squeezed to rounds of his waist.

“Me safe, I’m glad you are okay,” my Uncle said hugging me back tightly.

My Aunt and Uncle were both downstairs talking to the officers after giving them a tour of my battered room. Wesley and Layton wouldn't leave my sight so decided to stay by sitting on my floor. I shook my head between the spaces of my fingers as I walked into the bathroom across the hall to wash the stress from my face. As I cooled my pours with the crispy cold water, I opened the medicine cabinet for something to soothe my headache. Forcefully wedged into the compartment, I found my mother’s diary. A small letter opener was stabbed in the front of the cover with an aged beige sheet of paper. I clutched the book into my hands and snatched the note from the binding of the sharp object. As I unfolded the piece of material there was red writing in bold letters saying “The Bloodshed Has Only Begun. Now There Is Only Death Upon You.”