Immortal Creatures

Betrayal

Dews of tears leaked along the alignment of my chin as my eyes were still bonded shut. Only the sound my ears picked up was Mother Nature’s weak creations talk back and forth. Still with my lids closed tight, I began to pick myself up slowly to make sure I didn’t make too much sound for whatever that was come back for me. I grew up the courage to slowly expose my eyes to adjust back to the darkness that surrounded me. My head rapidly shuffled back and forth to look around my entire surroundings to see if any sign of movement was made. Inside the pit of my stomach I felt a horrible sickness, as if it was telling me that whatever left wasn’t really gone. I felt like that thing still had a good eye on me, just watching to see me squirm in fear. If I was going to get out of here, I had to move fast. As I began to step backwards, I heard a twig snap two steps behind me. Immediately, I grabbed a long branch near the left side of my feet into my small fragile hands. I held it over my head ready to strike until I saw a familiar face hold his hands up losing his nerve.

“He hey!” Mona what are you doing!”

Seeing Layton’s face made the woods a lot lighter than what it was. I quickly dropped the departed tree limb to swing my arms around his naked neck. His warm body started to steam as my tears rolled down his bulky moist chest as I bawled with his arms wrapped around me as well. Then, I noticed something off about him. He left Wesley and I’s sight fully clothed; though now, he is topless. The only thing that clothed him was his blue jeans. Even his blue jeans were kind of ripped in the front like he was in a fight with a rose bush. I released my grip staring at his bare chest as I walked slowly away from him, “What happened to you?”

As if he just realized how he was dressed, his head followed what my eyes was gawking at. His body language concerned me as he put his hand behind his neck trying to think of an answer to give me. “Oh well…I…fell. When I heard you scream, I ran towards where I thought I heard you and..,”

“Layton.”

Stopped from my interruption, he took his hand from his neck to begin to rub the side of his jeans. “What?”

“I didn’t scream.”

Layton began to hysterically laugh to cover up from me not seeing that he was nervous. “I’m sure I knew what I heard, I know your girlish scream anywhere.”

His laughter angered me as something inside me started to explode like scolding hot lava, pouring out of a furious volcano. I jerked my arms in front of my body at both of the indents of his shoulders. “Don’t lie to me!”

The joints in my arm began to pierce in pain as I saw Layton not moving one inch. It was like trying to move a two ton boulder out your walking path. Instead of himself being angry, he was concerned for me. He didn’t even notice what I was trying to do, since it didn’t really affect him much. Gently he grabbed each of his strong hands around my tiny wrists; placing it on his chest. Unexpectedly, I began to cry out like a pathetic child who cried over spilled milk. I sobbed till the clear image I had of him changed into a blur blob.

“Somm..something almost got me Layton.”

Again, holding me close to his upper torso he laid his head onto the peak of my forehead. I could tell he was getting angry from how the way his body shook. “What do you mean something almost got you!”

“I wasn’t alone when I was looking for you.”

“Who or what?

“That’s the thing, I don’t know…it was big, like…like the size of a grizzly bear but…it wasn’t. It was something I never had seen before in my life.”

Layton released me from his clutch to gaze at me frightened. It seemed like he knew what it was without the right description given by me. The way he moved made no sense; his eyes avoiding mine made me worry. Sweat had absorbed into my brown strands, causing them to latch on to my sticky face when the wind blew the direction on my right. What I was going to do might make me regret it in the future, but it was like my mind wanted to speak louder than my lips.

“You know what it was…don’t you?”

Pursing his lips together, he dragged his eye sight one more time to give me my answer. The parting of his lips opened, but nothing came out. It was like his tongue was tied in knots to prevent him from telling me a secret that was never meant to be spread. He tried to step forward with his hand out in front of him for me to join his space. Instead of me going, I stepped further away from him feeling uncomfortable. In his eyes, there was pain that was made by my actions. For the second time, he opened his mouth again, but this time words started to flow out.
“Can I at least explain to you with you safe inside your house?”

There was no more space I could distant myself from him as my back latched onto the edgy bark. “I don’t understand.”

As he moved closer, my body sunk tightly into the outer layer of the standing log. Gently, he toured his right hand to my tucked away left behind my posterior. “Just know that I would never hurt you…okay, I promise as soon as we get back to your house I would explain everything?”

Leading me towards my safety sanctuary, we walked through the deep enclosure. It felt like we were walking deeper into the woods instead of thinning out of it. The trees grew an extra blanket thicker and the beams of light turned a shade darker. After we came across a still stream that divided two miniature hills, I realized we were definitely nowhere near our destination. My feet wanted to drag as he still had a grip of my plushy palm. I felt mute as nothing seemed to come out as my lips were moving. The back of my heels dug into the ground switching from Layton gradually leading to dragging. I fought free from his forceful grip, landing on the side of my petite body. His feet began to stop as soon as my body plunged on the side of his muddy boots. Terrified, I scooted away by rapidly pushing my feet, tearing up bits of pieces of the muddy grass. When I looked up to stare into his unfamiliar eyes, the replacement of giant wolf sneered into my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!! I eager to know your opinion :-) haha