Immortal Creatures

Death of the Party

Slightly opening Wesley’s door, Layton pokes his head in to eagerly speed our changing process. “Does it seriously take you hours to get…”

Wesley and I both looked at him as his eyes grew wide with amazement as he gawk towards my appearance. I just got finished putting on the second layer of blood red lip stick which made the quality of my lips look kissable. My hair elegantly swayed to the right side of my shoulder with beach curls making a pattern every two inch space of locks. Wesley grabbed my tiny wrists to head towards the doorway that Layton was blocking. She bum rushed him to the opposite side of the door as we squeezed towards the starting of the stairs. Still, Layton had nothing to say as he watched us continue to head towards the door with our jackets in our hands that we quickly grasped from the coat rack. Wesley opened the door to start up her red vehicle, while I stood half way out of the door looking up at Layton, still with his mouth wide open in shock.

“Are you coming or not?”

Snapping out of his confused expression, he nodded trying to brush off the stupid look he had on his face. “Duh I’m ready; you guys are the ones who took forever.”
I shook my head as I continued to walk the rest of the way out of the door. Deciding to have a little more time for myself, I called the back seat of the car. Layton bolted to the front seat as if he thought that was my designated spot I wanted to sit in. Layton made sure he showed his childish grin while snuggling up teasingly in the passenger seat. I rolled my eyes at his ignorance and started to glance at Layton’s side back seat window. The wheels started to roll and so did my imagination when the passed by pine trees began to create images. The dark background that filled in the blank spots of the trees filled my mind with a colored image of Alex. It didn’t make sense why I was thinking about a guy I just now met; it seemed like I was intrigued just about his existence.

Both Wesley and Layton chatted about god knows what while I was still stuck in lala land. Smoke drifts of dirt shadowed the lower part of our windows as Wesley turned onto an isolated dirt road. Only the front lights on the nose of the car gave us minimum visibility, until lights started to fill what was in front of us. I can hear the noise over the sound of rocks crumble under the wheel. Soon I can see a roaring fire that was burning in the middle of the crowd of mingling people. It looked like everyone from High school was here to celebrate a new coming year. For some reason the spot of the party made me feel strange. The land was gigantic without trees and a huge stoned mansion stood in the back from the crowd. How I noticed the home, was because the little window that seemed to make out as the attic lights were on. Two gargoyles greeted us at the gate stiffly as the car entered into the party.

Tapping my fingers onto Wesley’s exposed shoulder; I asked the question that starved me to know the answer, “whose place is this.”

Wesley turned her head towards Layton’s irritated face to wait and see if he wanted to answer the
question I have asked. Instead, he swung the car door open and slammed behind him following his body shifting against the passenger door. His arms were locked in –between each other fully covering his bulky chest. Wesley rolled her eyes as she turned fully with her torso facing the back seat while covering with her left hand on the side of her face to prepare to whisper me the response.

“It’s the Fonseca’s house.”

I fused my eyebrows together collecting going through the memories of names I had in my head and nothing matched. “The Fonseca’s?”

Wesley giggled with her hand still cupped along the lining of her cheek, “Remember Alex that you met I the class sign up meeting…this is his house, and Devin is his brother…or half-brother. It doesn’t matter they’re both really hot so that’s all that matters.”
It seemed like Layton new what we were talking about because he snatched open the door popping his head behind Wesley’s twisted back, “Look it’s bad enough you made me come to this piece of shit place, are you guys coming out or are we going home.”
Wesley turned around facing Layton just a couple of inches away from his nose, “What is your deal Layton?!”

I was shocked from his behavior towards Wesley and me. Layton looked at my disappointed expression and then back at Wesley’s, “Nothing.”

He left again standing outside the vehicle waiting for us to exit out. Wesley went alongside Layton to link arms with him the calm his attitude down. When I shut the back door behind me I walked towards them both, but instead of joining them, I decided to react to Layton’s burst out by walking passed them. I felt of sweat vapor into steam as I balled up my tensed fist. I couldn’t tell what their faces looked like because I never gave him the pleasure to look back. Why did he have to be so uptight about Alex?

Pacing away from them, I noticed that I was in the middle of the party. The roaring bomb was binding in a twisting formation from the wind that passed through everyone’s moving bodies. Music muted out everyone’s conversations and the sound of metal kegs echoed into my ear as the empty ones were tossed out by the ones who finished them. No part of the land was dead, everything felt alive. Like always, instead of joining the excitement I decided to be nowhere near a part of it and sat down to a singled out log that was set next to the grill a couple of feet away. I kicked at the dirt with my soles and made holes with the tips of my heel. I hoped as long as I kept myself entertained by mother nature’s dust, then it would be over than I know it. I never once liked mingling with others; I always thought that Wesley and Layton was all I need. Within my whole childhood I was made fun of by being called a freak so I decided to act like one and stay away.

Lost into the clouds of my own thoughts, I felt a bolt run through the left side of my head as if someone was staring at me deeply. Slowly, I rotated my head to the uncomfortable feeling and I see a guy standing still into one shadowy part of land. I couldn’t see his eyes, but for some odd instinct I knew our eyes were reflecting off each other’s. Feeling drawn to his vibe, my body rose up and step by step I walked to the strangers’ way. Stopping from my route, Layton stands in my way.

“Mona, I just want to say I’m sorry for how the way I acted, it was just…”

He noticed my blank expression with my eyes nowhere near on him. He forced my eyes to look upon him while at the same time placing his hands onto my shoulder. “Mona…Hey!”
The darkened figure of the guy walked away and my spell was broken. I looked at Layton confused,
“What?”

“Are you okay Mona?” Layton said as he still had a grip on me.
Suddenly, a scream pierced through both of our ears. It was loud enough to get the whole crowds attention. With everyone looking towards the source of the sound, a girl with a blood stained white tank top dragged her feet as she held her stomach. As the crowd screamed at the sight of her, she looked my way with her right hand asking for me to help. Blood trickled out her mouth as she began to beg for security. As she released the one hand holding her abdomen more blood began to pour onto her feet causing her to collapse.

In a split second feet started to scatter in all directions. Layton pulled onto my arm trying to drag me away from the bloody scene, but I stood still collecting my thoughts. Ripping me from his grip, two guys bum rushed into the both of us. I fell onto the ground that was buried from the dust that everyone’s feet were making. Five groups of people started to run my way until I felt a tug onto my arm. Forcefully lifted up I look into a familiar stranger’s brown beautiful orbs.

“Alex?”

I grew breathless as we both just stared at each other. Out of nowhere, an unknown guy comes up behind Alex with blood splattered onto his shoulder. His brown fine hair reflected off the angry fire making it to brighten up his face. His brown eyes felt dark, but his facial structure made him brush off a seductive vibe. My eyes fell back upon the blood stain that was exposed on his white shirt. The guy tugged onto Alex’s shoulder impatiently, “There’s too many Alex we need to go.”
Noticing Alex’s grip was on my arm; the guy looked me up and down then stretched the corners of his lips to show his beautiful smile. “She can come with us to.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys that it's been so long for the update I hope you guys enjoy it =)