New Beginnings.

Three.

Jonathan really wanted us in Chicago with him, we should have all ready been living there together. Everything was different now, we had our son and I couldn’t lose out on Jonathan again. After all of this, I knew he was the one. I just had one year left of nursing, I wanted graduate with the people I have spent the last four years with, but I wanted to be with Jon.

It was a hard choice, but I picked Jonathan. I’d make new friends, and ones I would be around more often. It was set, Lucas and I were moving to Chicago.
“We live with Daddy” Lucas asked while I began packing up our lives.
“Yes, we are moving” I told him. He was so excited.
“I see Hawks play” Lucas said.
“Yes, you can watch Daddy play at the arena and not just on the tv now” I said.

Jonathan was walking into the room, Lucas ran into his arms and Jon picked him up. They were so cute together. I loved watching them.
“I see you play now” Lucas told him “And Tane and Tarpie”
“The guys are going to love seeing you” Jonathan told me.
“I see them too” Lucas asked.
“You can come right into the locker room” Jon said. Lucas’s eye just lit up.
“Come play with me” Lucas asked.
“After, Daddy is going to help Momma right now” Jon said. Lucas went off into his play room.

Jonathan took my hand and pulled me close. He then gently kissed me, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I missed him way too much. He than let go, and helped me pack a few things.
“You still have this” He asked picking up a program from the 2007 World Juniors.
“You have no idea, what i still have” I began “you know I keep everything”
“This was a good tournament” He said.
“Luc giving you the third degree” I said with a smile.
“He was just looking out for you” He replied.

Lucas came back into the room, he seen the program and picked it up. He began looking through it. He was going to finally see some of these players that he loved watching live and knowing Jonathan meeting them when he could make it happen.

“Who’s this one Daddy” Lucas asked pointing to Luc. I talked to Lucas about Bourdon, but I knew he was too young to really understand what I was talking about. Jon pulled him onto his lap.
“That’s Luc Bourdon” Jon replied.
“Momma, this your Luc” He looked up to me and asked. I smiled and sat down beside them, grabbing small scrapbook.
“That’s my Luc, this is where the Luc in Lucas comes from” I told him. I showed him a picture of Luc and I together.
“Where’s he” Lucas asked
“He’s in heaven playing hockey now” I said. Tears were starting to fill my eyes.
“Why he go there” Lucas asked. This was harder than I though it was going to be.
“He had a bad accident, and he couldn’t fight it anymore” Jonathan began “He went to heaven so he wouldn’t hurt anymore”
“You miss him” Lucas asked
“Very much, I wish he could see you now” I told him. Jon knew I was upset, so he took Lucas into his room to play.

I sat on my bed, looking over pictures and letters I saved from Bourdon. I knew he would be happy, I was happier back with Jon. I just wanted him to be here in person, to play with Lucas and see him grow up.

Before we knew it, we were packing up our lives and heading to Chicago. I’ve moved away from home before, I went to a prep school in Minnesota and met Jonathan then I went to the University of North Dakota with him. When he left to go to the NHL, my parent were all moved to Winnipeg because of my fathers new job offer. For two years this was all Lucas knew and now we were changing it. I knew this was for the best.

Lucas was excited, he couldn’t wait to see where Daddy plays and meet his teammates.
“Daddy, I meet Taner soon.” Lucas asked as we putting stuff in boxes.
“Sure buddy.” He told him. “You can meet anyone you want.”

We had everything packed, we were ready to start out lives in Chicago. We loaded the truck that was driving our stuff down and then headed to the airport. We hugged our families goodbye, even though we would see them soon enough. We boarded the plane, we got Lucas settled. He was so excited but thankfully, he got so excited he made himself tried and slept for most of the plane ride.

A few hours later and we landed into our new lives. I carried Lucas off the plane, a few fans noticed and came up to Jonathan. I dealt with this a little when he played on the World Junior team, I knew I would have to get use to it. This was his life and I was here to support.

We didn’t want the media to find out right away, we knew they would ask Jon a million questions and I didn’t want it to take from his playing. This is what he was here to do.

We headed to Jonathan’s condo, well our condo now. Lucas was loving the new surroundings. He loved the lights and tall buildings. Hoping all this would tire him out. As soon as we got into the door, Lucas was out. We put him in bed in the guest room, which Jon said we would be changing into his room. I put the bags in his room and looked around.

“This view is amazing.” I said looking his huge picture window that overlooked the city skyline.
“One of the reason why I picked this place.” Jon said wrapped his arms around me.
“I can’t believe we’re actually here.” I said turning around.
“I’m just glad you are, both of you.” He said.
“I’ve missed you. I’m so proud of everything you have done.” I began “Another gold medal, a Stanley Cup. Look at you go.”
“There will be more of them. You guys will be front and centre, like you use to be.” Jon said pulling me in close.
“I think Luc is smiling down on us right now. He would be so excited that you’re back in my life and you know about Lucas.” I said.
“I wish he was here too. I wish he could see Lucas grow up.” Jon said.

We headed to bed. We had a big few days coming up with unpacking, getting settle then on top of all that I had to enroll in school and get that all taken care of and then also get Lucas into daycare.