New Beginnings.

Five.

Since giving birth to Lucas, time seem just to fly by and then once he turned a year old, it was like a blink of eye he was another year older. Then once hockey started, it went by even faster.

Before we knew it, the season was over and playoff has begun but for Jonathan and the Hawks, the season was over in the first round. I hated to see Jon lose and Lucas was not ready to say goodbye to the arena. But I knew we would get to celebrate another Stanley Cup championship together as a family.

We got to spend Lucas’s third birthday home with our entire families, along with some of our new hockey family. Lucas was so excited to have Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook and Patrick Sharp all at his birthday.

Jonathan made it special for not only his son, but myself as well. The question I had never though I would ever hear from, I though I messed everything up with him. I couldn’t stop crying when in front of everyone during the birthday, Jon got down on knee and slid a beautiful ring on my finger. I barley got out the word Yes.

He made me feel like the most special girl in the world. I couldn’t wait to spend the rest of our lives together.

I was so excited to start the 2011-12 season off as an engaged couple. I had become so close to the other wives and girlfriends on the team and they were so helpful with where to even look for a dress and wedding planners. Thou our live was in Chicago, we knew we wanted a summer wedding in Winnipeg. That was were our families were, we knew the team would come wherever for our special day.

Just like every couple we had our ups and downs but we got through it just fine. Lucas adjusted so well to his new life, he missed his grandparents but thankfully we had Skype and Facetime. I still had those guilty moments but Jon always made me feel better, he was in his son’s life and thats all that mattered.

The 2012 playoffs did not end well for the Hawks once again, another first round loss. On top of that, lockout talks were happening once again. I did not want to see Jon miss out on playing or even have to go over to Europe to play, thou he said he wouldn’t do that.

With everything going on we still made sure that Summer 2012 was still special for us.

I walked down the isle and became Mrs. Jonathan Toews. I married the perfect man on July 28th, 2012.

I never would have though the boy I ran into back in 2004 would be the one I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I couldn’t have been more happier. Lucas was beyond happy to be apart of his Mommy and Daddy’s special day.

September came and there was no hockey, there was a lockout. By November, they though it would be another canceled season. Which would have sucked for Jonathan but with all the sucky hockey news we were getting.

Jonathan, Lucas & I received some special news. Baby #2 would be appearing in May. We were extremely excited to have our family growing. Jonathan was all ready an amazing father, it was some good news he needed.

Finally, things would go back to normal in our household in January 2013 when the NHL season finally returned. Lucas was a little sad not to have daddy to himself all the time, picking him up from pre-school and hanging out at home while Mommy was at work. I still kept my job at the hospital, I loved being able to help people. Jonathan tried to get me to stay at home but I knew it would drive me crazy so a few shifts a week is all I needed.

It was a shorten season, just 48 games but every one of them would be important. We had Lucas at pretty much every home game, I still went even when I was close to my due date. The team was doing so well so Lucas didn’t want to miss out on being able to see his Daddy play again.

I loved being able to say I was watching my husband play. I couldn’t believe how my life turned out, I had married my perfect guy in the summer. I was a mother to the most beautiful little four year boy win the world and soon enough would have a daughter too share out love with.

At first Jonathan wanted it to be a surprise, but with her due date coming just before playoffs, we wanted to have as much done as possible. It also help with naming since we only had to try and agree on just one. Her middle names were easy, she would be named after our mothers. Trying to agree on a first name, now that was another story.

Lucas loved the idea of being a big brother, he kept asking when she would be here. He loved laying on my belly and talking to his little sister. He was going to be such a big help for us.

The season ended and just before the playoffs started, our little girl was finally here.

Baby Toews #2, Bridgette Andree-Rose entered the world on April 28th, two days before the 2013 Playoffs began and just a month before Lucas would turn 5.

She all ready had those little fingers wrapped around Jonathan. She was going to be a Daddy’s girl for sure. Lucas couldn’t get enough of her, he always wanted to hold her and help feed her. But when it came to changing her, that was Mommy and Daddy’s job.
Jonathan was perfect, even with the playoffs going on. He was doing so much for both of us. Getting up in the middle of the night, changing, feeding his little girl. He was the perfect father.

He enjoyed every moment he had, he missed out on all this with Lucas and I wouldn’t let that ever happen again.

I had the perfect little family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, if this part seems a little all over and jumpy, but really wanted to get into present dayish with everything :)
hope you are enjoying it, comments? thoughs :)
thank you <3