New Beginnings.

Seven.

Being able to celebrate with Jonathan at home was an amazing family. We had come so far from the first celebration. We were married with two amazing children together.

Watching Lucas be around his Dad during the whole day with the cup was overwhelming. He was just so excited. My little boy wasn’t so little anymore, he would be starting school in the fall, he was growing up to fast.

Fatherhood was perfect for Jonathan, coming home from a bad game or long trips and seeing his children’s faces was priceless. There are moments where I still do feel like this is a all dream and I will wake up and it be over. But I wake up to find myself beside my best friend.

Bridgette would be too little to remember all of this. We took as many videos and photos with her so she will have those to look back on.

I just hope she would be a little older the next time, this happens. I just wanted to do this every summer. This is what Jon works so hard for, and to be away from his family, the smile on his face when he wins, makes it all worth it.

Being home with our families gave us some baby-sitters since both our parents wanted to watch the kids because it was time they don’t usually get during the season. Jon and I didn’t mind, we needed some alone time for ourselves.

We got to spend our first anniversary as a married couple with just a night out with ourselves. It’s still pretty hard since everyone knows who Jon is, but it was still a good night out at our favourite spots when we are home.

I was able to spent an extra week at home with the kids and our families, since Jon headed to the Team Canada Summer Camp. Lucas could be around for this time, and Bridgette would still would be young but if they won again, there would be lots of photos.

Before we knew it, it was back in Chicago after our shorten summer and the season was ready to start. I couldn’t believe we were sending Lucas to kindergarden. We both dropped him off for his first day. I cried. After a few more times, I finally was able to handle it.

Jon loved dropping him off or picking him up when he could. Any little moments he got to have with son, he would take. Lucas loved his daddy picking him up and then taking him to the arena for a little bit before coming home to tell his mom and sister all about his day. He was growing up so fast.

Bridgette was too. Before we knew it, she was crawling, saying a word or two and of course her first was “dada”. We were so proud, and Jon caught it on video and everyone on the team seen it.

Lucas had started playing as a Timbit in hockey and he was loving it. It was so cute to watch him play, and then how excited he was to see his daddy watching him. When you asked him what he was going to be when he grew up? He never failed to quickly answer, be a hockey a player like daddy. Jonathan loved being able to teach his little boy the game he loved.

Soon enough the season was almost half way over and we were getting ready to make the trip to Russia. We weren’t going for the while trip. Just the end of it, the most important game. This time we got to watch Jon play in his second gold medal game for the Olympics. His parents came with us, there was no way I could do the trip without them. In reality, this was my third gold medal game, I watched him in, we could never forget the World Jrs, but of course, just the second one in person.

He always made me so proud, I seen how hard he worked when he was a teenager and where his mind was set to be a NHL star and now he is a NHL captain and an Olympic gold medal assistant captain.

As much as an amazing hockey player, Jonathan Toews is, he is an even better father and husband. He spend a few moments with his teammates on the ice, and then it was family time, he couldn’t wait to place that medal around his little boys neck. He was so proud of his daddy.

It took us about a week or so to settle back into the Chicago life. Lucas couldn’t wait to tell everyone. He was so smart though, because he didn’t bring it up around any of the other places who didn’t play with Daddy on Team Canada, even as 5 year old.

It felt like time was passing us by so fast, we couldn’t believe we were getting ready to celebrate Bridgette’s first birthday.
“Why is this happening so fast.” I said.
“I can’t believe she's almost a year.” Jon said. “Maybe it’s time for another one”
“I don’t think so mister. I think we have our hands full.” I said. He smiled.

Our families came into town for her birthday party. It was so nice to have everyone there, as well as out Hawks family. There was a baby boom almost with the team, so it was so much fun seeing all the children together and playing and how close some were in age. We almost had enough for our own baby hawks team.

It felt as soon as we were done celebrating with Bridgette, playoffs were just around the corner. We had the kids at most of the home games, it was getting harder and harder to keep Lucas away. Thankfully we had a family suit with the other families so we always had another pair of hands if needed since our men were a little busy.

This season didn’t end the way we wanted. The Hawks lost in the Conference finals against the Kings.

After such a busy year it was nice to finally just relax and have some major family time. We didn’t go back to home to Canada right away since now we had a child in school and had to wait till he was all done. It wasn’t bad thou, Jon got to spend some time with his little girl, she was just barley walking and he was trying to teach her how to hold a hockey stick and then shoot.

I couldn’t believe how lucky I ended being. I almost lost this all. I still have those days where I miss Luc so much and just wish I could his voice saying I told you so. These past few years have been nothing more than amazing. Who ever would have known that the day I ran into a boy the first day of high school and my books went everywhere that I would have married him and have two beautiful children together.

I will always been so grateful for our new beginnings and everything life has brought us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank your for the support.
So glad for those of you who liked this story :)
xoxo