Status: I honestly don't know what the status is

The Other Side Of The Fence

I knew the sound of that car door anywhere, mother was home. I crawled on my stomach back underneath the deck, hurrying to my window. If she caught me out in the yard, there was no telling what horrible punishment I would have to endure. I slipped back into the window, before shutting it softly, knowing that she’d be able to hear each, and every move I made. I slowly changed out of my shirt, and shorts, not wanting her to see the green that now stained the front of both. I did the laundry, I didn’t have to worry that she’d see them later, I knew how to make the stains disappear, this wasn’t the first time I had done this, and it wouldn’t be the last.
Mother wasn’t so bad, at one point in my life she was the best mother I could’ve ever asked for, that was up until my father died. Daddy was closing up his shop one night, when five men busted in… They took all the money from the shop, destroyed it, shot my daddy, and then burnt it all to the ground. After that mother went insane, she had to keep me safe she said. But this was no life; this wasn’t any safer than if I were to be living with the crazy men that killed my father. I was locked in a basement, every day, from the time she got home from work, till she left the next morning. She didn’t work on the weekends, so Saturday, and Sunday, I never left my prison cell. Mother wouldn’t allow it. The lower level of the house was the only place I was allowed to be anymore. What if someone broke in? They wouldn’t find the hidden door; they’d never find where she hid me. This shelter was built with the door hidden in the kitchen island, the windows well hidden underneath the back deck, and sound proof walls; a prison cell, just for me.
“Teddi, where are you?!”