Status: I honestly don't know what the status is

The Other Side Of The Fence

003

“They still owe us money.” All eyes in the room were on me. It had been years, but this debt would never be paid, a million dollars was hard for most people to come up with, but now with only one person trying instead of two, it was even harder.

“So, what are we going to do about it?” I shrugged, not quite sure. There was nothing else we could do; the insurance policy for the old man’s shop hadn’t paid out as much as the woman was hoping for. Now we could barely get her to talk, she had gone off the deep end after we had killed her husband, but they knew the rules. They knew what to expect when they got mixed in with us. They took that chance, they had said how they wanted their daughter to have a better life, they just needed a million dollars to get the business of the ground, they’d have us all paid off by the time the kid hit middle school. That was a lie, now the kid was missing, and it was ten years later.

“Collect the collateral.” I ordered, before walking out of the room. I could feel four sets of eyes on my back, they knew exactly what I meant, the only problem was, no one knew how to collect the girl, and no one knew what became of her. She hadn’t been seen in years, men had watched the house, she wasn’t anywhere around it.

I walked back into my office, making sure to lock the door behind me. I opened the wall safe, grabbing out a large manila envelope, sitting down at my desk, I opened the well-worn clasp, pulling the pictures out of it. The last pictures of the girl, she was 16 at the time, and she had to be almost 22 now. I stared down at the pictures, wondering if her face had changed at all. Did she still have those doe eyes? The perfect almond shape, but large, and brown, that always seemed to look so innocent. Did she still have that little smattering of freckles across the bridge of her nose? The lightly tan spots, barely noticeable in the picture, but I knew that they’d be darker if she got more sunshine in. I sighed, thinking about how soft her long black hair looked, the slight waves in it, making it seem as if someone had just ran their hands through it, as they kissed her. Her deep red lips didn’t help that, they always looked so inviting, so yielding, and ready to be kissed at any moment.

I could feel the crotch of my pants tightening as I sat there, holding her picture, thinking about how perfect her body was, and that was at 16, I could only imagine what it looked like now. I used to think about how amazing it’d be to take her then, make sure she was mine, as soon as she turned 18. But, I didn’t want anyone else to know what my plan for her was, so I held off, but it had been six years, and I was sick of waiting. Theodora had to be mine, and soon.

-


Mother was home for the weekend, which meant, no get away for me. No sunshine for me, I was stuck in this basement, waiting for Monday morning. It seemed so far away, and it was only Saturday afternoon, most people dreaded when Mondays came, but I couldn’t be happier to see a Monday. It meant Mother was to go to work, and I could go outside.

I lay down in bed, turning my radio on quietly, listening to one of Daddy’s favorite bands, as I lay there. I slowly let my mind drift off, back to the thoughts of being in a relationship. I had seen plenty of romance movies, so I could almost imagine what kind of a man I would want. Someone tall, and strong, dark hair, but with beautiful eyes, maybe green or blue, nothing like my dull brown; he had to have a beautiful smile, something that would make me want to stare it at for hours, days, years, up until the end of my life. A good sense of humor was always a plus, we could have silly moments together, we could watch funny movies, and act like idiots around one another. I couldn’t stop a small smile from forming on my face as I thought of what a perfect man would look like, I was building him in my head, and maybe one day I would get out of here, and find him.

-


I smiled as I walked into the house, the woman was tied up to a chair, Vengeance and Gates were searching for any sign of the girl, while Christ and Rev kept an eye on the woman. I knew she wouldn’t be happy to see us, the look in her eye giving it away immediately.

“Where is she?” I growled, my glare meeting hers.

“You’ll never find her!” She growled, I could only chuckle, as I heard Vengeance throwing pots and pans around the kitchen, her eyes got wide as she looked towards the door way. She was obviously hiding something in there, and we would find out what it was. She couldn’t hide what was mine, I would always find it.

“What do we have here?” I grinned, knowing he had found something, and walked into the kitchen. He was knelt down next to the island with the cabinet doors open, I looked into them, and there seemed to be a trap door underneath it. I motioned for him to open it, when he did I motioned for him to move back, I was going to check it out. If she had hurt my girl, and kept her down here for years, she would pay. I walked through the hidden rooms slowly, making sure to check out everything, gun pulled just in case, before coming to another door. I opened it just enough to peek inside, my breath catching in my lungs. There on the bed was Teddi, fast asleep, her dark hair spread out around her. She had head phones over her ears, so she obviously hadn’t heard anything that was going on upstairs.

I walked slowly into the room, not sure if she would wake up, or if I would be able to get her out of here without disturbing her sleep.

“What the fuck!” I heard a whisper from behind me, turning to see Vengeance standing there, eyes wide as he looked around. I only nodded, before walking slowly over to the bed, and wrapping Teddi in a blanket , then lifting her in my arms, nodding for Vengeance to grab the door. He walked behind me back up the stairs, through the trapped door, and back into the kitchen. I handed my sleeping girl over softly, motioning for him to take her out to the truck, I would be there soon.

“How long have you had her down there?!” I yelled, walking back into the living room, her mother looked up at me with wide eyes, she probably didn’t think we’d find her, but I’m more than happy we did, I could only imagine what she had done to my girl.

“Ever since that day…” My eyes grew; I knew what she was referring to. She had kept Teddi down there for years, my girl was a prisoner for years.

“Kill her.” I walked out of the house, towards the truck, to check on her, Vengeance held a finger up to his mouth when he saw me coming, meaning she was still asleep. That was my girl, just sleep the day away till I get this all figured out. I didn’t know what to do now, my poor girl had been locked in a basement for the better part of her life, and now I would take her back to my house and lock her up there, with men she didn’t even know. It would scare her, it would confuse her, and I would never get her to love me the way I loved her. I sighed, knowing what I had to do…