Status: I honestly don't know what the status is

The Other Side Of The Fence

005

I had a date, an actual date. I needed to get new clothes, and makeup, hair products, maybe a haircut. Holy cow, I had only been away from my mother for about a day, and I had a date! I needed to go to the mall, I had to get clothes! I quickly finished grocery shopping, before hailing a cab to take me back to the apartment, I had to put everything away and look to see how much money I had left.
I walked into the apartment and notice an envelope sitting on the counter.

Thought you could use more.
-M


I opened the envelope to find another bundle of money, ten one hundred dollar bills. I couldn’t believe someone had been in the apartment when I was gone… It made me feel violated; they were here, without me knowing, without my permission, without even thinking about the fact that this is supposed to be my domain now. I was grateful for the money, but I hated that there was someone in here without my knowledge. I quickly put my groceries away, before grabbing the money, making sure to use all the locks on the apartment door when I left, so I could go shopping.
I ran out of the apartment and hailed a cab again, asking the driver to take me to the closest mall. First was first, I needed to get a haircut. Not anything drastic, just the ends taken off and maybe something more styled than this. Maybe some highlights… My hair has just been the same basic dark brown as long as I can remember. I needed something different, something to wow Matt.
“Well hello gorgeous!” My eyes got wide as a made up man walked up to me the moment I entered the salon in the mall.

“Hello…” I was unsure of what to say, I wasn’t sure, but maybe he was gay? I had seen gay men in movies, but I wasn’t sure, this would be the first one I ever met in real life.
“What are we thinking of doing today? A cut, color? “He asked as he started playing with the ends of my hair, tucking them randomly everywhere, to see what my hair would look like shorter.
“Well, I have a date in a few days… And I haven’t had a hair cut in forever, and I want to look my best for it!” He beamed at me.
“Oh darling! We’ll find a way to knock this man’s socks off! Come, sit, and tell me all about him!” I smiled and sat down in the chair he motioned towards, he walked up behind me and put a cape over me before motioning for me to follow him to the sink, so he could shampoo my hair. “So, tell me all about this man! What does he look like? Is he a heartbreaker?”
“Well, his name is Matt, I don’t know how tall he is, but he is quite muscular. He has a lot of tattoos, holes in his ears, and a ring through his lip. These gorgeous dimples that peak out when he smiles, short black hair, and these beautiful hazel eyes.”
“Oh sweetheart, don’t get me excited, he sounds like a dream boat, and does he have a brother?” I laughed, and shrugged.
“I have no clue if he does; I’ve only just met him.” I replied. I guess it was weird that I already had Matt’s looks memorized, when we had only just met, but he was so striking
“Well, let’s get you all sexed up, make him happy he decided to take you out.” I laughed, and let this man have his way with my hair, I was happy to talk to him the whole time. I learned that his name was Landon, he was 25, and yes he was gay. He had been single for about a year now, and he was definitely in the market for a new man. I told him some things about my past, which made him coo, and pout at me. I could tell he didn’t expect to hear anything like that out of someone, but I just couldn’t help but tell him, he was extremely nice. He even offered to help me find clothes, and to help me with my hair and makeup before my date, he wanted me to be happy, and I could tell I would be if Landon was my friend. He even helped me learn my phone a little!

Hey

I couldn’t believe I had just sent a text message, and to Matt of all people! I wasn’t sure if I should do it, maybe it would be annoying to him, but Landon told me if I wanted to do it, I might as well just do it! I should always do what made me happy as far as Landon was concerned.

Well hello! :}

I grinned, I couldn’t believe he had texted me back! I tried not to dance around like an idiot, but I was back in my apartment, so why not?! No one could see me anyways.

I just wanted to make sure this was your actual number!

I think this was called “playing it cool” and hopefully it worked, because I just couldn’t annoy him, I wanted him to like me, and to be my friend at least. Well, I wanted more than just a friendship, but still, I wanted him to be friends with me if nothing else.

I’d never give you the wrong number gorgeous!

I giggled, I just couldn’t help it, Matt gave me butterflies, and we’d only just met.

I’m really excited for Friday. As cheesy as it sounds.

I sat patiently waiting for his reply, I wanted to know what he thought of me saying that.

I am too, maybe we should move it up to tomorrow?
♠ ♠ ♠
So, updates are probably going to come pretty steadily for a while.
I was in a car accident on Tuesday morning, and shattered my ankle, I can't walk for 6 weeks, so I can't work.
So, I have plenty of time on my hands to update. Maybe thinking of doing another Matt story too, a little darker one though.