Status: Giving it a try to see if anyone likes the idea, if so I'll continue it!

All American Girl

Ch. 1

“Miss Brenna Sanders, it’s time to go?” The social worker ushered me out of the house. I didn’t want to leave and I felt like throwing a fit but where else was there to go? I had nobody left. My mother was the only person in my life and she was gone now.

“I’m very sorry Brenna but I’ve talked to your uncle and he seems thrilled your coming.” She smiled as we drove away from my home. My home that was now up for auction. I didn’t really know how to feel anymore. I felt sadness and I was lonely but in a way I was glad my mom had passed away. She almost deserved it in my eyes. I know how harsh that sounds but if you lived under her roof you would have felt the same.

“Your uncle’s name is Matt and he will provide a better place to live.” She smiled sympathetically, trying to cheer me up. I was nervous more than anything. I didn’t know this guy that was so thrilled to see me. As far as I know when my mom got pregnant with me her parents kicked her out and my supposed family wanted her to get an abortion and she never went back so I have no family besides him.

“We’re here.” The car pulled into the driveway of a huge home. It was marvelous. I was excited to see he had money, something my mother didn’t have. I was so used to starving most of the time because anytime we did have money my mom bought booze, cigarettes or drugs with it.

I starting walking up to the house but was greeted by a woman with bleach blonde hair and tattoos all over. “You must be Brenna, right?” She smiled, showing off her perfect pearly white teeth. “Yes, and you are?” I smiled, trying to be as polite as I could. “Valerie, call me Val though. I am your uncle’s wife.” She continued to smile, pulling me in for a hug. “Thank you Val.” I smiled slightly, not used to the physical love of someone.

“Your uncle is in the studio right now but I can show you around.” She smiled. I said one last goodbye to my social worker and followed her into the immaculate house. I was amazed by how big it was. “Studio?” I asked her, curious of what that meant. “Yes, your uncle is sort of in a band.” She continued to smile. I could tell she was genuinely happy I was here. I left it at that. I didn’t really care that my uncle was in a band, I was just amazed at the beauty of his house. I could definitely get used to this.

---

“Baby she’s here.” I could hear Val talk to my uncle outside the door. I think he was really nervous at the situation and that Val was more thrilled them him. I got that impression just by hearing his voice. I was In the guestroom, or I guess my bedroom. I was just sitting on the bed admiring a clean, well maintained home. The carpets were not stained, the walls weren’t filled with holes and the smell was just heavenly.
“Brenna, want to come out and meet everyone?” Val asked, knocking on the door. Meet everyone? I then started to get nervous again, not knowing who she was talking about. How many people were there?

I quickly looked in the mirror for any imperfections and made myself look as presentable as I could. I wanted a really good first impression of course. I opened the door and walked along the hallway, turning into the living room where there was a small gathering of people.

“Okay everyone; this is our new addition to our family. This is Matt’s niece, Brenna.” Val smiled, getting the attention of everyone in the room. There stood around ten people. Three younger couples, an older couple, a couple kids and my uncle. I had never seen him before but I knew he was my uncle. He looked just like my mother. Same hair color, eye color, facial features, the dimples. He reminded me so much of my mom.
“Hi Brenna. I’m Michelle.” A woman with dark brown hair came up to me and introduced herself. I smiled and nodded. “This is my husband Brian and our son Brian Jr. We just call him Bri.” She smiled, pointing to her husband and her son that was running around the room with another boy. “Nice to meet you.” I smiled at both of them. I continued to study her husband for a moment. He looked so familiar for some reason. I didn’t know why or how but for some weird moment I felt I knew him.

“Hi. Brian, Brian’s dad. This is my wife, Susan.” An older man came up to me, shaking my hand. He was the father of this man I had been studying. He seemed very familiar as well. I looked at everyone else in the room, they were all very polite and happy people but I could sense the tension between Matt and Val.

“Brian, where’s Zacky? He’s the only one not here.” My uncle asked this guy, who I continued to study. I couldn’t figure it out why he seemed so familiar to me. “I think him and Gena are fighting again.” Brian informed him, Matt just shook his head and walked into the kitchen.
I then decided to be brave and walk into the kitchen with him. I was nervous but I had to know the only family member I have, it was essential. “Thank you.” I didn’t know how to start a conversation but I thought it would be a good start since he opened up his life to me. “Why?” He just asked, his eyes meeting mine. This man didn’t seem friendly, but didn’t seem rude either. Again, this reminded me of my mom. “You’ve opened up your home to me and I’m very grateful.” I said, with a small smile. “I wasn’t going to let you just be on your own. I know you’re legally an adult but you had no one, had nowhere to go either.” He said, his expression continued to be blank until I saw he started to contemplate in his mind. “I’m sorry to say this, but my sister was fucking moron.” He said, a small sarcastic smile cross his lips. “Matthew.” Valery scolded, walking in to the kitchen and hearing his last comment. His smile faded, grabbing his beer and walking out. I sat there, still puzzled at what he said. I knew my mother was moron but for him, a total stranger to say that. I didn’t know how to feel about that.

“I’m sorry about that. Matt has always had hard feelings for Matilda.” Val explained, sitting with at the table. “How do you know about my mom?” I asked, still questioning everything. I then heard a loud bang, and laughter. “Zacky!” Matt yelled, laughing. “Maybe a chat for later?” Val smiled, looking out of the kitchen. I agreed and we both headed into the room with everyone else.

I walked into the living room where everyone was. There stood a man, black hair, tattoos all over and lip piercings. A woman hung on his arm, blonde, tattoos, same lip piercings. I was intrigued by the guy but I think his woman was drunk.

“Oh my is this her?” The woman asked, Matt nodded his head. “Aren’t you so cute, you’re like a little Matt. Except you’re a girl.” She laughed, the smell of alcohol spewing in my face. I was very annoyed by this woman. “Nice to meet you, I’m Zack, or Zacky.” The sober man smiled, introducing himself. I smiled, “Brenna. Nice to meet you too.” I looked into his bright green eyes and I was hooked. Why did this guy intrigue me so much?
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. This is the 1st chapter. I'm hoping to get a small impact to see how it goes then I'll continue to write it cause I really like this one and where I know it will go.

Thx for reading,
Via.