Loves First Bite

Prolouge

What Happened?

I could hear Police Sirens approaching, people are screaming, I could hear frantic running…More screaming…

Where Am I?

I slowly opened her eyes and sat up blearily. Where was I? All I could see was dark shapes and blurry outlines. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, a cold hand reached out and grabbed my shoulder.
“Saffy…Saffy!!”
“Huh? W-whah?” I mumbled, the freezing night air slicing through my lungs.
“We need to get out of here! Now!”
“Vi-Viola? S-sat you?” I looked up at the figure and recognized the features of my best friend Viola Wood, her Ash blonde hair falling over her face.

Why Am I Here?

Viola half-dragged me out of the alleyway and down the street, away from the noise and panic. I slumped down on the sidewalk as she called a cab on her mobile, breathing deeply, head aching.

Was I Drunk?

I couldn’t remember drinking… I couldn’t remember much to be honest.
“Yeah? Okay. Canal Street. Yep. Okay. Bye.” Viola snapped her phone shut and crouched down next to me.
“Viola? What happened? Where am I? Where are the others? Wh-” I was cut short by a short yell, followed by fast footsteps.
“Vi? Saff?” bellowed a familiar voice.
“Mina?”
“It’s me! I-I couldn’t find you, I thought I was gonna die, it was just…” Mina Wright collapsed on the floor next to me, shaking and sobbing uncontrollably.
“Oh my God, Mina, what happened?” I said softly, putting my hand on her shoulder.
“It’s Hayley… She’s…She’s…Dead!” she cried, hands clamped to her face. I reeled backwards in disbelief at what Mina had just said. No… Hayey… She couldn’t be…

Was Hayley Really Dead?
What Killed Her?
Where Was I?

What Happened?