Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter fourteen

Part Fourteen:

The next morning was terrible. I woke up with the headache from hell. (literally.. lol XD) Although I Felt like shit, I was the first one to wake up. It was now 9.00. Still half asleep, I searched the cabinets for some advil. I eventually found them, after my "Bathroom break". Apparently, god pitied me this morning, they were in the second cabinet I tried. After the advil and some coffee, I felt a lot better. Now, back to last night. What did I do to end up like this?

Slowly but surely, flashes started coming back to me.. Shots with Novak. Shots with Bam. Playing tag with Raab. Dancing with the guys.. 21 questions.. oh shit..
I decided it was best to just start painting, take my mind of of things a little bit. I would most likely be tortured for the rest of the day, so why not enjoy the silence while you can?

After some self debating I just didn’t sketch the details on it. Since the basecoat would come over it anyway. I opened the first can of black paint. What a surprise, black. Not that I didn’t like it though..

Bam was the first to come down. "Damn, die hard chick.. " He mumbled while walking away to get some coffee. I snickered. Guess he can’t stand mornings either.. "Don’t you have any kind of hangover? ‘Cause at the moment, you’re looking way to cheery for someone who drank that much last night.. And that’s just freakin scary.. " He said while making himself comfortable on the couch. "Wow, wasn’t that a big sentence so early in the morning! " I laughed. "But to answer your question, I’ve had my hangover this morning, it was not pretty, let me tell you that. Let’s just call this the recovery stadium. " He laughed and said: "Damn, never seen a girl hold her shit like you hell, guess you finally deserve the nickname huh? " I couldn’t help[ but laugh. "Ah give it a rest will you? It’s not like my name is that special. " When I didn’t get an answer, I turned around. He seemed in deep thought. "Whatever you say Brainy! " He grinned. Childhood nickname, 21 questions..arghhh! I cringed while Bam cracked up. I sighed. "See, that I remember, why did I agree to play that game!? " I slapped myself on the forehead, forgetting the brush in my hand. Resulting in a great red spot on my forehead and black paint dripping from my hair. Bam was in tears by now. I looked into one of the mirrors in the room, tried to wipe away the paint with my hand. That only made it worse. And Bam wouldn’t stop laughing! "Oh fuck you! " I said with a smile and I got back to painting. When Bam could breathe properly again, he stood beside me. "How do you do that? " He asked me while looking at the painting. "Do what? " I asked. "Paint sof ast, and just.. painting? All I ever did was a finger-painting when I was six.. and that was hard you know!? " He grinned. I shrugged. "I don’t know, it’s just something I’ve always done. It eventually got better. It’s a way to vent. Like skateboarding is for you. " He nodded. It was silent for a few moments. "Bam? " I asked carefully. "yeah? " He looked at me. "Am I in for a lot of hell today=" He laughed. "Not gonna tell you, you’ll see miss duquette, you’ll see. " He skipped away. God, I hate it when he calls me that!

~FF to 19.00~
Oh boy, a lot of hell didn’t even begin to describe it! After I stopped painting to make myself some lunch, I never got back to painting again. The guys were constantly bugging me. Hiding my brushes, dumping me in the pool, tickling me (damn 21 questions..), kidnapping me and hanging me from a tree, etcetera etcetera.. It was now 19.00 and I was currently sneaking to my car, hoping I could get away to get some food, I was starving.

"Mission accomplished! " I smiled to myself when I turned into the burger king. After getting my food I sat down at a table and sighed. Damn, these guys really keep you on your toes. I sat quietly enjoying my burger and fries, lost in my thoughts when the light went out. As if it was a reflex, my mind went to the guys. Nuhuhh.. this can’t be their work can it? Nah, I’ll just wait it out. Probably just some blown fuse or something. Well, yea.. think again! Apparently, Bam’s uncle was friends with the nephew of the boss or something.. I didn’t follow. When I just wanted to get up and eat the rest of my stuff in the car, I got lifted on someones shoulders and carried out of there. I did my best, stomping and kicking the person but they just laughed. That was when I knew.. for sure.. "NOVIE! PUT ME DOWN!! " He laughed more. "Nope, can’t do it sweetheart, boss’ orders! "Fine, then tell me what you are going to do with me. I said, hanging limp on his shoulder. "This. " He threw me in the back of what I guessed was the hummer and shut the door. I didn’t even bother. I just layed there and heard the guys getting in the car. "What am I going to suffer this time boys? " They laughed. "The last part of your initiation! We didn’t like it when you slipped away Hell, it took us a while to find out where you were! " I heard Bam say. I sighed. "Fine, but this better be done quick. A GIRL’S GOTTA EAT! " Again the guys were in hysterics. "If it is going to be done quick is entirely up to you sweetheart! " Novak said to me. I shuddered. "Novie, love you like a brother, but that sounded so gross! " They kept on laughing. I just tried making myself comfortable, for as far that was possible in the back of a hummer.

We were turning into the snakerun driveway. I knew it. When I looked at the window over the backseat I could see all kinds of lights flickering. This was a bad sign. I even heard people cheering. Oh shit no, this really wasn’t going well..
When the backdoor of the hummer opened, there was a bag over my head immediately.. "No peeking yet.. " Someone helped me onto a stage or something.. and the floor felt soft. I didn’t like where this was going.. The bag was replaced with two hands, really fast. I didn’t see a thing. When I heard a loud bell ring, the hands were removed and a bright light shone in my face. When my eyes adjusted, I saw that I was standing in mud. *They didn’t..* I looked up into the face of a grinning girl/woman/beast. The crowd started cheering. "Wrestle! Wrestle! " I inhaled sharply and walked forward. Earning a few surprised looks from the boys. No, I wasn’t backing down. I had wrestled for a short time in high school, after that, I went over to boxing. That helped me in my fights with the bullies. I kept my distance though. We were circling around each other a little. Then, out of nowhere, she attacked. She grabbed my shoulders and tried to push me backwards. I ducked down so I could get more strength into pushing her forward. As expected, her hands lost their grip on my shoulders and were now only holding my shirt. I heard a ripping sound. *bingo! There goes my shirt* I bet that is what they paid her for.. Not that I am that confident about my body, but guys will do anything to see skin.. that is a well known fact. I tried to push her down. Carefully dodging every move she tried to make on me. I have to say, it went quite well, dodging that is. The attacking was a little less. But, in a moment of pure strength, I got her down. She looked surprised and we started rolling in the mud. Well, at that, the crowd only cheered harder. I felt her move under my grip. I lost it and fell besides her. Almost immediately she jumped on me and held me down with a knee. But I wiggled between her hands, there was a lot of mud on them, I could slip out of them and she fell down. I sat on her back, looking at the crowd. Most of them looked surprised, I grinned. But she got back up and pinned me down hard this time, my head slammed on the ground, not even the mud was hard enough to soften the blow. Dico, the referee, whistled and lifted her hand, she had won. I didn’t really care anymore, I crawled out of the ring and sat on the ground. The crowd was leaving and the guys came towards me. "Dude! Hell! You so fucking rock! " "Hell! Where did that come from! " "Die hard! I told you! " All the guys said to me. I just held my head in my hands. Novak knelt down beside me. "Yo, wrestler chick, care to join us in the festivities..? " He grinned. The other guys were looking at me now. "I’m sorry guys, I really am.. kind of.. dizzy.. I felt myself fall forward. Two pair of arms quickly caught me. The last I saw were the concerned looks of Novak and Bam. The other guys stood with open mouth a little behind them.