Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter one

Part one
YOUR POV

I grumbled into my pillow. If that alarm clock beeps one more time, I swear to fucking god, I’ll throw it out of the fucking window. Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, but still, getting up at 7 in the morning to open a bookstore that doesn’t get customers till 1 in the afternoon, is quite ridiculous, don’t you think?

After my morning ritual I got in my black mustang convertible and sped off to the store. It isn’t my store, but the owner is hardly ever there, I’m really the only one who looks after the thing. About once a month the owner comes and sees if the store is still there, says that I’m doing a good job and leaves again. Ah well, I like to think of it as independent…*grin*

Sighing I sat down in my chair behind the counter and got out my book. I worked at a bookstore and read books, how nerdy can you get? Well I don’t think I’m that nerdy. I’m just a bit of a quiet girl sometimes. I don’t dress nerdy either. If people get to know me, well than I can be a crazy ass bitch, but to outsiders.. I’m a shy weirdo..

OKAY! Let’s get back to my o so interesting life. Usually I don’t get customers till about 1 in the afternoon, but this day was different. I just got into the story I was reading when a loud crash brought me back to reality. When I looked up there was a guy about my age standing by the door, he was panting heavily. “Err…hi?” I said questionably. “Hi…please…be…quiet…I’m…hiding….” He said bending over a little to catch his breath. He looked a bit like a vagabond so I took the hiding thing as an excuse to get inside somewhere. “I’m sorry, sir, this is a store, if you want to look or buy some books you are welcome here, but this is no hiding place. Good day!” I pushed him out of the store again. He looked a bit shocked but ran away quickly. Okay, so maybe it was a bit harsh, but I had that kind of problem before, vagabond’s are hard to get rid of!

Okay, so maybe the day wasn’t all that different, besides the guy, none really spectacular came in. At 5 I closed up the store and walked over to my car. I was about to get in when I saw a little girl standing beside a tree a couple of meters away from my car. I walked over to her. “Hey little missy…” I said squatting down next to her. “Have you lost your parents around here?” She looked at me with big blue eyes. A slight nod came from her. She still had her thumb in her mouth. “Can you tell me your name…or your mommy’s name? Maybe I can help you..” I said carefully. “Rain.” She said softly. “Is your name rain?” She nodded. “That is my name too! Pretty, isn’t it?” I smiled at her. That seemed to ease her up a little bit. She nodded franticly. I got up and stuck out my hand. “Now, let’s find that mommy and daddy of yours shall we?” She grabbed my hand lightly and we started walking towards the street and the more crowded area of the ward the bookstore was located.

Dunn’s POV
“Hmpf, so she can be nice!” I scoffed. “Huh, dude…what are you talking about?” Raab asked me. “When I was hiding from you guys today…I was in the bookstore, cuz I knew you guys would never go there. But she just kicked me out! What a bitch…” I mumbled the last part, ‘cause she didn’t look all that bitchy, but still…she kicked me out! Raab started laughing. “Priceless!” he laughed. “What is?” Bam asked, butting in in our conversation. “Oh nothing, something about the girl over there, with the kid.” I mumbled, didn’t need to relive my humiliation all over again. “Got rejected?” he laughed, and ran away. “Hmm.. seems like a nice girl to me…” Ville mumbled and he walked after Bam.
♠ ♠ ♠
The first few are a bit bad in my opinion, I wrote this a long time ago.. But it'll get better soon, promise :) And longer, too :P
Feedback's always welcome :)