Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter nineteen

Part Nineteen:

I woke up the next morning. "Damn! I slept long.. " I said to myself. I looked over to Bam. He looked a bit more at ease now. He wasn’t as sweaty anymore. I felt his forehead. Still hot, but it seemed to have cooled down a little. I looked over to the side of the bed. Two plates with food had been put on his night stand. I smiled and took one of the plates downstairs, Bam would probably just keep on sleeping. I walked down the stairs and found April reading a magazine. She looked up and smiled. "You are to sweet, you know that? " She said smiling. I raised my eyebrows. "You could have just called me, I would be happy to take care of Bam, you have a painting to finish.. " She said standing up. I smiled. "That’s okay.. I don’t mind doing it. You have enough things to do as it is. The mural is almost done anyway. And I didn’t like it that the guys didn’t even look at him when he felt sick. Every sick needs care.. even the obnoxious ones.. " I added with a grin. She laughed. "What’s wrong with him? It’s nothing serious right? " Her face turned to concern. I shook my head. "Nah, it’s just a fever, he keeps coughing a lot though. I had tonsillitis as a kid, I had the same symptoms. So I went out and got him something for it. The minute he wakes up I’ll be forcing it down his throat. " She smiled. "Good.. you need anything else? " I shook my head. "Nah, I’m good. I think I’ll take a shower and check up on him again. " Her eyes went wide. "Ooh, you don’t have to sit with him all the time! That’d be to tiring! " I chuckled. "He’s asleep, as easy as a little kid.. " She laughed too. "I’m glad you’ve got things under control here, ‘cause my work has been asking a lot of me lately, I kind of have to go again.. " She said getting a bit red. "April, you’re the sweetest woman I’ve ever met. It’s fine! I’ll make sure Bam gets his medicines.. It’s no big deal.. " She smiled and hugged me. "Thanks.. " And left. I heard some noise upstairs and went to check what it was. All the guys were in Bam’s room. I had a bad feeling about this. But when I peeked my head around the corner I saw the sweetest thing ever. The guys had grabbed food and DVD’s and all sat on his bed. They even woke him up in a normal way! Bam was eating the light food April put out for him. The guys were shoving chips down. Raab put nightmare before Christmas in and they all started watching. It was so cute! They hadn’t noticed me. I took out my cell and took a picture. The sound made them turn their heads. I laughed. "Sorry guys, but this just looked cute! " They all shrugged and Dico spoke up. "Yeah, well, we felt guilty.. we didn’t take it seriously when you said he was sick.. and that was kind of mean.. so we thought we’d keep him company! " He finished with a smile. I saw Bam smile too. You have to admit, it was sweet. I paused the DVD and walked into the bathroom. The guys all looked confused. "First, he has to take his medicines. Then, he can watch.. " I said sternly. The guys all laughed and Bam looked at me with a smirk. "Are you going to put on a nurse outfit too? " He said with a glint in his eyes. I laughed. "Glad you are feeling better Margera, just take the damn medicine and shut up! " He laughed but started coughing again. Now I smirked. "See? Still a sick little kid, take it you brat. " He obliged and I restarted the DVD. I walked out and went into the bathroom. Time for a long, hot shower..

I stepped out about an hour later. I saw the guys in the hallway. "No more movies? " I said with a grin. "Nah, he fell asleep again.. he is no fun when he’s sick. Make him better please.. " Raab said with a pout. I laughed and agreed. I walked over to Bam’s room to clean up the mess they had undoubtedly had left behind. I entered with my eyes closed. Afraid of what I would find. I opened one carefully and saw all the chips and DVD’s sprawled out over the ground. I sighed. They really are kids.. I started picking things up when Bam startled me. "Hey miss nurse.. " He said. His voice was hoarse. I jumped a little, causing him to smile. "Could you get me the thermometer please? I am freezing.. I think my fever is down.. " He said softly. I smiled. "I don’t think so.. it is another sign of fever, hot and cold.. But I’ll get the thermometer.. I’d like to know if it went down a little. " When I was in the bathroom, I heard Bam’s phone go off. He picked it up and started coughing again. I filled a glass of water and walked out again with the water and the thermometer. Bam still was trying to calm his throat down. I picked up the phone from him and started talking.
"Hello? Who is this? " I said into the phone.
"I’m Ville.. and this is? "
"Oh hi, I’m Hell.. Bam’s nurse at the moment. Otherwise known as friend"
I heard a chuckle. "AH, the mural girl? " I raised an eyebrow
"I guess soo.. okay, cool another name..! I’m sorry Bam can’t really speak properly right now, I think he’s got tonsillitis, so he has to try and stop speaking.. "
A chuckle was heard. "Good luck with that love, not happening.. " I smiled
"I have my ways.. nice talking to you mister Valo.. "
"How’d-.. ah.. a fan.. " I heard the smile in his voice.
"Sure am, now if you’ll excuse me, I need to force some medicine down this young man’s throat. "
He laughed. "Sure, I’ll let you go, maybe we’ll talk some more later.. "
"Who knows.. maybe.. bye! "
"Bye love"

Bam was looking at me with wide eyes. "You’re not going to force anything right? It wouldn’t be fair.. I’m sick, and besides.. that shit is.. icky.. " He said while sticking his tongue out. I laughed. It sounded really cute. "You have to.. if you want to get better.. " He sighed and grabbed the spoon. His face scrunched up after he took it. I laughed. "Oh stop acting like a 4 year old. It’s not that bad! " He shook his head. "You take it! It sucks! " He said loudly. For as far that was possible, with hardly a voice. I took a little on the spoon and put it in my mouth. GROSS! My face scrunched up too. "Okay.. gotta give you that.. this is so nasty.. " I said while swallowing a few times, trying to get the taste out of my mouth. He laid back in his bed, looking smug. "Told ya so.. " He crossed his arms over his chest. "My god, you really can’t stop acting like a 4 year old can you? Even when you’re sick you have to be right.. " I chuckled. He nodded firmly. "That’s just the way it is! " I sighed dramatically and started picking up the last pieces of chips and the DVD’s. "How’s the mural going? " He said after a minute of silence. I looked over my shoulder and swear I saw him check out my ass.. I stood up. "Almost done, I was just using a pencil for the finishing touches. Then I decided to check up on you, that’s the furthest I got. But I can have it finished in 30 minutes. It’s exactly how I wanted it to be so.. I guess it’s done. " He smiled. "Good, I want to see it when it’s done. " I shook my head. "Nahuhh. You are going to sleep, big talk or not.. you are still sick. I’ll open the window so you get some fresh air but you have to stay under the covers then. He groaned. "You’re worse than April! " I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You know.. I could just let you rot in here.. It would be a lot less trouble.. " He closed his eyes. "But I’m sick.. I need care! " He said mocking me a little. I smacked him on the arm lightly. "Go to sleep, do you want anything to eat first? " He shook his head. "Nah, I’ve had enough. Thanks.. " I smiled and nodded. I went downstairs to put away the DVD’s and throw away the chips. But Dico snatched them from me and started eating. I was really grossed out by this.. but shrugged. It was Dico after all..

When I came back upstairs, Bam had already fallen asleep. I decided that it would be okay to finish the mural now. He seemed to be doing a bit better. I went downstairs again and started painting some little details. It took me 15 minutes, then I was satisfied. The guys all came and looked at it. They agreed that I was a, what did they call it again? Genius in art and empress of the paintbrush.. or something like that.. I took it as a compliment. After I put all my stuff away I went upstairs again. I took the same spot on the floor and kept guard at Bam’s bed. I read magazines for a few hours, then took a bathroom break. When I came back, Bam was just waking up.