Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter twenty four

Part twenty four:

I jumped in with a loud splash. The goo washed off me and coloured the pool a dirty grey. I resurfaced with a smirk and walked out again. Bam stood there dumbfounded. The dudesons were just laughing. I shrugged. "Figured a bath would be quicker than a shower. " I said with a smile. I shook my head like a dog and got water all over Bam. I walked towards one of the lawn chairs and sat down. I closed my eyes. I still was incredibly tired. And I should probably rest as much as possible, seeing as the payback that awaited me, would not be small.

And boy was I right.. It was now the third day in a row I had spent here. Yesterday, Bam and the dudesons had made my life pure hell. I had managed to play it off quite nicely though. They had one of those guys follow me everywhere I went. I think it was HP. That drove me nuts. I guess Bam had figured out that I was quickly irritated. ‘Cause he continued to play in on that. The CKY crew had first congratulated me with my victory on Bam. But after a glare from him, they quickly joined his side. They helped with payback. And after they discovered the missing items in the house, they weren’t exactly happy.. to say the least. Surprisingly, that was only last night. They were all so busy with my payback, that they hadn’t had time to drink/skate or game at all. So when Bam was dying for a beer last night, he wound up empty handed. And of course.. I got the blame. (hey, I would have blamed me to if I was him.. XP) Soon, they discovered that the games and skateboards were missing too. I refused to talk though. They had given up interrogating me last night, seeing as it was already 02.00. They would continue today. O joy..

Bam came down with a grin on his face. I sighed. "Okay look, I know you don’t like to be given a taste of your own medicine.. but is this over already? I need to look for another job.. Payback? Fine.. but this is the third day Bam.. get over it already. " I said a little agitated. He laughed. "After today.. we’ll let you leave, but I promise, this isn’t going to be pretty. " I sighed again. "Like the last two days have been pretty.. " I stood up and went outside. They had freed me of my handcuffs. But if I even tried to escape, they would only make my torture longer, so I stayed. It was now May. The sun shone (?) brightly and I laid down in the grass. Might as well get a little tan. I didn’t have a good feeling about this day. I knew they would go all out for my last punishment. I just hoped it wouldn’t be as bad as I thought it would be. I sighed contently and let myself drift away in my thoughts. I was woken up by my cellphone ringing in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the time. 13.00. When I put the phone to my ear, I caught Bam looking at me from a distance, he didn’t move though.. I answered my phone.
"Yah? " I said with a yawn.
"Miss Duquette? " A mans voice sounded.
"Eh, yes? Who is this? " I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"My name is James Mc Evan. From Mc Evan and son. " This confused me even more..
"Eh, well yes.. okay. Can I help you with anything mister Mc Evan? "
"Yes you can, I was trying to reach you at home, but it seems you haven’t been there these past few days. " I rolled my eyes, way to state the obvious..
"That’s correct, I’ve been visiting a friend of mine. But what is it your calling for? "
"Oh yes, of course, well, I’m calling on behalf of your aunt, Sarah Duquette.. " Okay, now I was lost. What could my aunt’s attorney want?
"I’m sorry to inform you that she has passed away miss. During her travels in Africa, she was killed by a poisonous snake. " My face went pale.
*coughs* "Yes, well, I’m calling you because of her will, she has left you some of her belongings, and I would like to talk to you about this in my office. Could that be arranged? " I couldn’t say anything. How could this man make this sound like just another business meeting? I had always had great contact with my aunt. She looked after me after the death of my parents. I could talk to her about anything.
"Miss? Are you there? I understand this is shocking ne-"
"Yes, I’m here. When should I be at your office? " I said with a monotone voice. This had shocked me way to much, way to much to show any kind of emotion.
"Well, as soon as possible.. are you not busy today? I’ve got no appointments, so we could take care of it right away. " I closed my eyes but answered.
"Yes.. that can be arranged. Your office is in Philly, am I right? "
"Yes miss, indeed. Do you need directions? "
"No thank you.. I can find it. I’ll be there as soon as I can. "
"Thank you miss, goodbye. "
"Goodbye.. "

I let my phone slide back into my pocket and just stared. How could that have happened? She just.. wow.. she’s gone.. I was to far in my own world to even look up when I heard the boys scream. Bam didn’t join though. He still was looking at me from a distance, concern filled his eyes. He knew something was wrong. The boys, meaning the CKY crew and the dudesons lifted me up. Yelling war cries and just profanities. I didn’t react. I let them take me. Bam yelled at them to stop but they didn’t hear him. I closed my eyes and let a tear slip out. When I opened them, I was in a glass cage. Everywhere around me, were reptiles. Cold, scaled reptiles. They figured it out.. They discovered my greatest fear. I wasn’t scared of much, but reptiles were the one thing that could make me break down. I don’t know what it is about those things, they just scare me. I looked around with a blanc expression. Seeing the guys laughing outside of the cage. Everywhere around me where lizards, snakes and other types of reptiles. I started shaking and fell down on the floor. I wrapped my arms around my body and tried to calm myself down. It wouldn’t help. The shaking only worsened. Tears pore out of my eyes. I didn’t know if it was because of the cage or my aunt. I couldn’t control anything anymore.. I laid my head on my arms and closed my eyes.

~Bam’s POV~
I finally caught up to the guys. They had put the cage behind the house, on my orders. But now I had watched Hell in the grass for a while, I knew there was something seriously wrong. She didn’t show any kind of emotion anymore. I ran up to the cage and tried to open the door. It was locked. I looked at Jarno. "Open this thing. " He looked at me weird. "What about payback? " He said with a grin. I shook my head and yelled at him. "Open the fucking cage! There is something wrong.. Didn’t you notice that she didn’t even yell when you picked her up! Something is fucking wrong! " It startled him a bit and he opened the cage for me. I forgot the snakes in there and just picked Hell up and carried her out. She passed out. The guys all looked scared now. I carried her inside and laid her down on the couch. "Hell.. come on.. wake up. I gently rubbed her cheek and tried everything to get her to wake up.

~Jukka’s POV~
Okay, that scared me. She took it well the last few days. Now she was just laying there, not a sign of life besides her rising chest. A nice chest if I may say so.. Okay.. drifting off here. What could be wrong?

~Your POV~
I opened my eyes to meet Bam’s blue ones. He smiled. "Thank god.. what happened Hell..? " I sat up a little and saw all the concerned faces. "You scared us babe.. what the hell happened back there? " Novak asked. I sighed. "Well.. you apparently know that reptiles absolutely scare the shit out of me.. I don’t even want to know how you find out.. But before that I got a call from my aunt’s attorney.. " I paused and took a deep breath to keep the tears from coming. They all seemed to know what’s coming. "She.. passed away.. on her trip in Africa. She was bit by a snake. "I said a little shaky. I saw the guys bite their lips. After a phone call like that, they realised it probably wouldn’t do good if you’re thrown into a cage with snakes. But I don’t blame them, they couldn’t know.. I was broken out of my thoughts by Bam’s arms around me. I felt the tears on my cheeks. Shit.. I started crying again. The other guys soon followed Bam example and hugged me. I continued crying. "She was like a mother to me.. " I whispered softly.