Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty two

Part thirty two:

I turned around and saw Bam’s older brother Jess standing at the sliding doors. Next to him were his wife Kelly and she was holding Their daughter Ava. (Don’t know how old Ava is, but I’m making her 2) Kelly immediately walked towards April. "Hi April.. nice to see you again! " She said giving her a half hug, considering she was still holding little Ava. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "I don’t know how you are.. but I already feel sorry for you! " She said laughing. I laughed with her. "I’m Hell. I’m a friend of the guys.. Nice to meet you" I said shaking her hand. She smiled. "Likewise.. What happened to you? " Jess was standing at her side by now. "Bridge accident.. long story.. " I said grinning sheepishly. Jess chuckled. "I bet my brother had something to do with that.. " He laughed. I saw Bam bring his eyes down behind him. I shook my head. "Nah.. They were there.. that was all. But I just didn’t watch out. Went flying off before I knew it. " I said with a smile. He shrugged. "That sucks.. whose girlfriend am I talking to by the way? " I laughed. "No ones.. I’m just a friend of the guys. I painted the mural in the living room. That’s how we got to know each other. I said pointing at it through the doors. Bam spoke up. "Nahuhh, we met when you thought I was a thief at my mother’s house! " I was glad he was his normal self again, after the awkward moment from before, but I blushed a deep red. "That was not funny.. " I mumbled. Jess laughed. "You are going to tell me all about that! " He said pointing at Bam. Who just grinned and nodded while he continued eating his burger. Jess kissed his mother on the cheek and started talking about his last tour. Kelly sat down next to me and started asking me about all kinds of things. We bonded quickly. I let Ava grab my finger now and then, her little fingers quickly formed a fist around it as she yanked my hand around. I chuckled. "Feisty one.. " Kelly smiled. "Yah.. I think she got some of the Margera hyper gene.. Maybe it didn’t activate in Jess, but he still passed it on. " I laughed. "Well, that can’t be much then.. If you look at Bam, he must have got at least 99% of it.. " I said sticking out my tongue at Bam when he heard his name. "Whatever she said, it isn’t true! " He yelled at us. We looked at each other and bursted out laughing. Scaring little Ava, she started crying. Kelly stood up and started bouncing her upon her hip to get her to quiet down. When Jess dug up a pacifier out of his pocket and put it in his mouth, she quiet down. Kelly put her on the deck and let her crawl around for a bit. She came back and we talked some more. I saw Ava crawl straight towards Bam. He picked her up and started making faces at her. She laughed and gurgled happily. I smiled. "He is good with her. " Kelly looked confused but followed my gaze. She gasped softly. "Bam! You better not feed her any of that junk! " She said raising her voice a little. Bam looked disappointed. I smirked. "What, she just wants to hang out with her favourite uncle! " He said holding Ava up like a trophy. Kelly sighed. "You are her only uncle! " Bam didn’t react.. I couldn’t help but laugh. "He actually didn’t have anything to say! " I said amazed. Kelly smirked. "Yeah.. that doesn’t happen often, cherish those moments, they are rare. " I smiled and ate the last of my burger.

"I’m going to bed April.. " I said waving at her. She nodded and smiled. "Sleep well! " I smiled and went inside. The guys were watching a movie. Jess and Kelly included. Ava was put to bed a few hours ago. "Night guys! " I said waving a crutch in the air. Several "Night"’s were heard. "Sweet dreams Darling" Ville spoke from behind me. I jumped a little but caught myself on a crutch. He stood chuckling with a few beers in his hands. "Don’t do that again.. " I said squinting my eyes playfully. He smiled. "Noted, do not scare miss Duquette. " he stuck out his tongue. I rolled my eyes and removed one of the crutches. I put it under my arm and gripped the stairs railing with the other. Now I could use the railing and one crutch to hop up the stairs. Yea, I had broken something before.. So I already knew how to walk with crutches. The guys didn’t need to know that. I could have them give me piggy back rides from time to time. "Awfully skilled for a first timer.. " Bam’s voice came from behind me. I was halfway up the stairs. I half turned and grinned. "What can I say.. I’m good like that.. " He rolled his eyes. "Yeah sure.. here.. it’ll go faster this way. " He supported me and I almost went flying up the stairs. I laughed. "Sure went a lot faster. " He chuckled and helped me to the room I would be staying in. "See? It’s for the best you are staying here.. that way we can help.. " He smiled. I nodded.. "I know, it’s just the stunts I’m a tad bit worried about. " I said making a small motion with my hands. He chuckled. "Need any help undressing? " I raised an eyebrow. "Then I’ll call Kelly.. or Ape. " He said quickly. *Smooth Margera.. * I thought with a smirk. I shook my head. "Nah I’ll manage.. can you just take of my sock? " I said with a grin. He laughed and took it off. He gave me a hug and left. I put one of the pillows under my leg and fell asleep.

I remembered what it was like breaking something that night. I couldn’t fall asleep. I think I slept a total of 3 hours. My leg only hurt more and more. At 7.00 I got up. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I got my crutches and "walked" Into the hallway. Something in the corner of my eye got my attention. I turned my head and found Ava sitting in the corner. She looked kind of scared. I slowly approached her. I sat down, as good as that went, softly and pulled her on my lap. She looked at me with big eyes. "Hey there little one.. " I whispered. "What are you doing out here? You aren’t supposed to go out of your room! " I made big eyes at her and she cracked a shy smile. I smiled too. Good, mission accomplished. I looked around and saw the nearest door standing slightly open. "Ahh.. that must be little Ava’s room huh? " I said to her. She looked only confused. I chuckled and stood up again. She sat in front of me. I slowly started bending forward to pick her up I immediately felt my leg hurt, but I couldn’t leave her out here alone. I didn’t want to wake anyone up either. I got her in my arms and slowly limped towards her room. I went in and saw that it was a room April probably had decorated. There even was a rocking chair. Sweet of Bam to keep this here for his niece. I put her back in her bed. It wasn’t a crib of course.. so if the door wasn’t closed properly.. I would have gotten out too, if I was her. I tucked her in again and went to go away. She started whimpering when I wanted to close the door. The whimpering soon turned into soft cries. I swung the door open again and hurried to her side. I sat down on the bed and tried everything to keep her from crying harder. Then I remembered something. The one song that always calmed me down when I was a little kid. It was no nursery rime or anything.. But it had something to it. Even till today I still thought it was catchy. I started singing "Sharada" By Skye Sweetnam. Ava’s eyes still watered and she didn’t stop. I picked her up again and hopped towards the rocking chair on one foot. That, she found highly amusing. I sat down and started singing again.
Once upon a time there was a girl
You wouldn't really call her typical
Had her own definition of cool
She lived in her own world
She had her own style her own rules
She played along like it was usual
Nobody really even knew her name
Her life was one big game

She's got her head up in the clouds
Sharada, Sharada
Don't know when she'll come down
Sharada, Sharada
She can't get to bed
Sharada, Sharada
She's got this song stuck in her head

I looked up and saw Bam standing in the doorway with Jess. They were both smiling and I looked down. Ava was asleep again. I kept on rocking while Jess walked towards me to put her back in the bed. Bam handed me my crutches and we slowly got out of the room. "Light sleepers gentlemen? " I said with a smile. They both nodded. "Yeah.. was Ava crying? ‘cause I didn’t hear that.. " Jess said. I shook my head. Nah, she was in the hallway when I wanted to go down. The little girl had pulled a jailbreak.. " I said with a grin. They softly laughed and Jess went back to bed again. Bam helped me down the stairs.