Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter four

Part four

I woke up and cursed at my alarm clock. "Why didn’t it go off! AAARGH! "
I was supposed to start at 7.30, it was now eight o’clock. I hurried to my car and drove to April’s house. Thank god it was only a ten minute drive. I ran inside, the door was still unlocked so I figured April didn’t leave yet. "I’m so sorry April I-" I stopped dead in my tracks. "You’re not April…" The guy looked up and grinned "I sure hope not! " I took little steps backward and ran out again, my cell phone in my hand. "This is the Westchester police department, how may I help you? " A voice on the other end of the line said to me. "Hurry! There is a thief in April Margera’s house! Hurry up! " I told them the address and within five minutes they stood in front of me. Two of them ran inside and came out with the guy I saw and two other men. I was still talking to the police woman when the other two tapped me on the shoulder. "Ehr..miss..? " I turned around and saw the three guys grinning at me like madmen. I recognized one of them as the vagabond I threw out of the store the other day. "There seems to be a misunderstanding here…" The policeman said to me.

"Yeah! I’m very offended that you would think I’m a thief! " The first guy said. "Miss, this here are Bam Margera and his friends. Bam here, is well known with us at the station, but this time, he did nothing wrong, the house is his mothers’…" My mouth fell open and I turned ten shades of red. "Oh please! Ground, swallow me now! " I mumbled. They all started laughing. "We will be going now…" The policeman said. They got in their car and left. Me? I sat on the ground, still trying to be invisible. "Well, now that you know me…who might you be, and what did you do at my mother’s house? " Bam said to me. (No, the grin never left his face) "Helena" I mumbled. "Your mother hired me to paint a mural in her bedroom…" Suddenly the other guy spoke. "HEY! You’re the chick that threw me out of the bookstore! " I got bright red again. "Yeah, sorry about that, I guess you’re not a vagabond…" Bam started laughing. "You thought Dunn was a-" He doubled over from laughing. "That’s fucking hilarious! " I quickly stood up. "Okay, I will be going now…" I walked away and almost made it inside. Bam called me before I could go in. "Hey! Helena! " He ran up to me. "Lock up when you’re done okay? Wouldn’t want anything to get stolen now would ya?" He said with a grin. I groaned. "Funny, really funny Bam…" Again that grin. "Yea, wasn’t it?" He called after me. "Not really! " I yelled back. I stook my tongue out at him and quickly ran upstairs… My guess was that I wouldn’t get much rest during my stay in this neighbourhood…

I started with drawing my sketch on the wall. I was working for about half an hour when I heard the front door slam and April yell; "We’re back Helena!" I walked out to the staircase and saw her stand there. She had a grin on her face. My face fell. "Oh, I take it you’ve talked to your son? " I started blushing as she cam up the stairs. She laughed. "Yes sweetie, I did, but I don’t blame you. Would probably have done the same thing! " That comforted me a little. "I was so ashamed! And he did nothing but grin at me! " She sighed but still kept smiling. "Yea, that’s Bam for you, But he really is a sweet boy when you get to know him, you should sometime! Get to know him I mean…" I looked at her with wide eyes. "No, no that, won’t be necessary, he’ll probably think I’m weird, after all that’s happen today." She looked at me with a questionable look. "Hm.. " was all she said. "Well I won’t keep you from your work any longer… Good luck with it! " She walked into the kitchen an d I went back upstairs. The rest of the day was used for completing my sketch. Most of my time was used by the whole police incident.. *blush*

At about 19.30 I walked downstairs. "Ah, I was wondering what kept you so long! Sit! Eat! " April said while putting out a chair for me. I smiled but said no. "Thanks April, but no thanks. I probably should be getting home…" "Fine, but tomorrow you’re staying for dinner! " I just waved over my shoulder. The next day I was starting at 10.00, it was Phil’s day off so he wanted to sleep in a little.