Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter fifty

Part fifty:

"God I’m tired.. " Bam said coming out of the shower. I looked up from the notepad I was writing on and busted out laughing. He had a towel wrapped around his head like a girl does (sometimes) when she gets out of the shower. "Wow hun, sporting a newfound weave that I have yet to see? " He grinned and came over. "I will if it’ll make you smile like that more often.. " I stuck out my tongue at him and returned to my notepad. I was making a few notes for a possible third book of my series. The one I had written was suitable as an ending.. and it’s best to get the people by surprise. I just didn’t feel like I was done with the story yet.. " How can you be tired anyway? We hardly did anything today! " I laughed as he sprawled out all over the rest of the couch. It had been the umpteenth day of doing nothing around here, it was something we both needed desperately. He shrugged. "Dunno.. don’t care.. " He grinned in my direction as he switched the television on. "Hey.. what’s in there? I’ve been wondering for a while now? " I finished my sentence and looked up at him. He was jabbing the remote into the direction of the tv. I raised an eyebrow. "Well, dear.. there’s all kinds of wires and electrical stuff that makes the thing work! " He rolled his eyes at me. "No, smartass. I mean the cabinet under it! " I looked over at it and smiled. I stood up and opened the cabinet to confirm my suspicions. "Hah.. some old video’s we’ve forgotten to take out of here.. " I said smiling. Bam crouched down beside me. "Video’s of little Hell? We’re watching them! " He grabbed the first tape and shoved it into the recorder before I could even object. "But.. I.. " "NO buts, I want to see little you! " He dragged me back to the couch and pressed play.

"Oh.. ohh.. .. .. .. Helena, what did you do! " My father’s voice sounded from behind the camera. It showed me, at about 2 years old, sitting on my mothers vanity set. I proudly held up a mascara stick. There was no part left around my eyes that wasn’t smeared with the thick black substance. "Are you pretty now? " My father’s voice sounded again. A satisfied nod came from my young body. "Phoebe! " My father called my mother. Footsteps came up the stairs. "What Leo, you know I’m –OH! " In the mirror of the vanity set, you could see my mother slapping her hands in front of her mouth. "Oh hunny, what did you do! " She hurried to me and held her hands out in front of her, not knowing where to start. Again, I proudly presented the mascara stick. "Look at you! " My mother sighed en exaustment, but a small smile was tugging on the corners of her mouth. Looking was exactly what I did, I turned around and put my by now equally black hands on the mirror, happily gurgling at my "pretty" reflection.

The screen turned black and Bam pressed pause. I looked at him and sighed. "Fine.. go ahead.. " I said moving my gaze to my lap. The second I had said those three words, he burst out laughing. "OH my god! " He held his stomach from laughing. I pouted. "Don’t laugh! I looked like a fucking racoon!! " More histerics. "That’s the funny part! " He choked out. I huffed and crossed my arms. "We’re watching your baby movies the minute, better yet, the second we get back.. " I muttered. He got his laughing under control again. "We’ll see about that.. " His arm snuck around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "But if it helps.. you were one cute little girl.. Still are.. " He pressed his lips to my temple as I sighed. "I’m just a sucker when it comes to your ass kissing.. " I mumbled, mostly to myself. He grinned triumphantly and pressed play again, waiting for the next clip.

"Helena Rain Duquette! What are you doing to all my pans! " My mother’s voice sounded from behind the camera, she was the one holding it now. It showed me, sitting in one of the kitchen drawers, in the middle of every pot or pan my mother owned. Casually throwing them all out on the floor. "PAN! " I yelled, followed by a loud clang as the umpteenth one fell to the floor. The image shook, my mom obviously cringed. "Helena, put those back, right now! " She was never the strict type.. No wonder I acted like I didn’t hear her. CLANG, another one bites the dust. Next was my mothers soup pan, the biggest of them all. As my two short arms lifted it over my head, it slipped, landed dead on the mark. As if in slow motion, my eyes started watering. Just before the screen turned black again, you could hear my mother say "Ow! Hunny you sho-"

To this one, he said nothing, simply tightened his grip and kissed right on the spot I still had the scar from that accident. Even though he didn’t know he did it, that made me smile. He didn’t press pause, just let it run through to the next clip.

Here, my parent’s clearly brought someone along to film, because they’re both in the shot. I’m sitting on my dad’s shoulders. He lifts me off him and places me on the ground, inbetween him and my mom. "Wave to the camera honey! " My dad says lifting my hand towards it. I wave quickly before pulling it back and pouting. Both him and my mom kiss me on the cheek simultaneously and my dad walks towards the camera and takes it from whoever was holding it, I can’t remember. "Have fun Hel.. knock em dead! " My dad yells as I quietly shuffle towards the playing children in front of the school. My first day in kindergarten. My mom goes to stand with my dad and you can hear her sniffle. "Look at her Leo.. " She whispers. The image follows me as I make my way towards the sandbin, where a lot of boys are building a giant "castle". I kneel slowly in a distant corner of the bin, almost immediately a blonde little boy runs over and grabs the little shovel I had found there. He laughs at my stunned expression as I try to grab it. He holds it out of my reach and I hear my mother gasp. Then it happened. My fist shoots out and I hit the boy right on the nose. Shocked, he drops the shovel and runs away crying. No words were heard, the screen turned black.

I looked over and couldn’t help but smile at Bam’s shocked face. "So.. disappointed I’m not the cute little toddler you made me out to be? " I asked with a smirk. He blinked a few times. "No way, that was so awesome! You suckerpunched the kid! " I grinned at his delayed reaction. "You like everything that concerns violence.. " I said matter-of-factly. He shrugged. "So? My girlfriend as a toddler, suckerpunching some spoiled brat is even better! " I laughed. "Right, sure.. Well, enough movies.. We were going out tonight remember? " He looked at his watch. "Damn.. you’re right.. I forgot it was our last night here.. I snickered. "Yeah, like the hourly phonecalls from Novak can keep you from forgetting.. " He rolled his eyes. "I swear the guy has commitment issues, but when it comes to me.. Like fucking glue I tell you! " I laughed at his exaggerated hand gestures. "Oh I know hun, I’ve met him too.. " He sighed. "Well, let’s enjoy our last night alone.. " He stood up quickly, grin plastered on his face, I knew what that meant. I ran up the stairs, screaming and laughing at the same time, as he chased after me.

"Not fair.. " Bam pouted as we stepped out of the car. I laughed. "Hey! I told you.. we were going out tonight.. " He rolled his eyes. "We had some time to spare! " I stuck out my tongue as he guided me into the club we went to. He pinched my sides, just to make me squirm.

After a night of drinking and dancing, we were going to the cabin again. "Ready babe? " I nodded and quickly downed the rest of my bear. "Come on.. " Bam guided me to the exit with his hand on my lower back. Outside, we were about to get in the car as someone called out Bam’s name. "Bam! Dude, wow.. can I get your autograph!? " A slightly tipsy guy came stumbling towards me. I have to say I was a little surprised when Bam treated him like a normal guy.. he wasn’t that fond of drunks.. besides his friends. "Sure man.. where you want it? " The guy held out his arm and a sharpie. I leant agains the car, smiling at the sight. Just when Bam finished the autograph, a guy came up behind the fan and knocked the guy to the ground. Bam jumped a little in shock. "That’s what you get mother fucker! " The guy yelled at his victim. "Hey, stop that! " I rushed forward. The victim was almost out cold, the other wouldn’t stop beating. I started pulling the attackers arm to get him to stop, when he suddenly turned around and hit me straight in the eye. It was with such great force that I stumbled backwards, and fell against the car. Bam was busy trying to get the unconscious guy to the security of the club, he didn’t notice. When the attacker saw what he’d done, he quickly ran away, leaving me dazed against the car. Developing a nice black eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there it is :) Part fifty. I'm FINALLY starting summer holiday.. after a busy 2.5 weeks. I'm glad I'm getting the chance to write again. I'm trying to get back to frequent updates.
Hope you like it!:)