Being the Youngest

The Start

"Can you make me breakfast?" I asked tripping down the big tall steps.

I'm Jessica Neal, James Neal's youngest sister, I'm 12 years old and I moved in with James this winter. James and I are really close, but this year.. We weren't. James has grown up a lot, I mean he is still himself. Joking around, hanging out with his family, but he has grown into more of a man, so hanging out with his other friends, going to bars and just doing things with them. Even though James is 13 years older then me he is still my brother and we have fun together, we are also super close, I'm talking really close. Like he is my best friend.

It all started one day when I got all mad at James the day before he left to go back to Pittsburgh for the hockey season. I got so mad, that all I did that day was cried and screamed... I wouldn't talk to anyone except my mom. I always dread when James goes back to Pittsburgh. I don't see him for 9 months, sometimes he will come home and visit when he can, but that is 2 days at the max. so I HAVE A REASON TO BE SO MAD. I barely spent any time with him this summer!

****FLASHBACK****

"Get away James!!" I screamed slamming the door. I lied down on my bed and let all the tears fall out of my eyes. I heard a knock on the door.
"GO!" I screamed into my pillow, I heard the door open and I started to cry harder. Someone sat on my bed, I knew it was James. I started kicking him trying to get him off of the bed, but I couldn't.
"Jess, chill." he stared talking, but I didn't pay attention. I stopped crying, some what and acted like I was listening, but I wasn't. He continued, but I sat up quickly because something he said caught my attention.
"What." I sat up suddenly and stopped crying.
"You weren't listening." James snapped.
"Well, no because I am so mad, so I have a reason to ignore you," I snapped back. He got up and started to walk towards the door.
"I guess you don't want to come and live with me in Pittsburgh," he said leaving the room. My heart stopped, and I froze.
"WAIT!!" I said sprinting after James.

******************

"I'm going to Pauly's to eat, if you wanna come," he said stepping out of the kitchen and meeting me in the hallway, "He is making eggs and toast, remember I can't cook," he said laughing and putting his shoes on.
"I forgot" I said laughing, I always make fun of him for not being able to cook.
"Can I get dressed and then come over by myself?" I said as he opened the door to leave.
"Yeah," he said and walked over to Pauly's.
"Wow," I said walking back up the steps to go get ready.

I opened the door to the laughter of both Pauly and James. I walked up the steps to the kitchen and saw them laughing at something on James's phone.
"Laughing to hard, eh." I said walking over to them.
"Your brother is weird," said Pauly, walking over to get my breakfast.
"Thanks," I said grabbing it and walking over to the table, there is a bar table, but James always sits there and takes up all the space so I cant sit there.

I sat down and started to eat my breakfast when Pauly and James came and sat down by me,
"This is the first time you guys have decided to come and actually talk to me instead of your conversations without me," I said taking a drink of OJ.
"Wow," James said. I looked at him and he smiled.
"So," Pauly started to talk, "Ready for school?" he said. Great, he brought it up.
"That's right, I almost forgot," James said. I am starting 7th grade in 2 days, and I am not happy about it. Its gonna be so different, I'm still at a catholic school, but in a whole different country, with totally different people, and no one I know.
"No," I mumbled to Pauly.
"Why?" he asked. I got a confused look on my face and looked at Pauly and the James. James and I started bursting out laughing,
"Dude," James said laughing at Pauly, "She hasn't even been here for 3 weeks," James said.
Pauly got a stupid look on his face because he knew it was a stupid question.
"You should be fine," James said and Pauly shook his head in agreement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys that one was a little confusing, and not very good. I had to get that part out of the way before starting the story, the rest of the story should be good tho! it should be up in a couple of days!