Status: Active.

Caught like a Fly

Chapter 5

"Ronnie! Ronnie! Ronnie!" The crowd chants wildly like most nights. We are cramped by the stage, about to run on and perform. I can already feel the excitement spreading throughout my body as I tune my guitar to perfection.

I quickly run my fingers over the frets, reminding myself of the notes quickly. Our entrance music starts playing and I let myself catch eyes with Ryan who is buzzing. We share a large grin before he climbs onto his platform, making the room erupt into loud cheers. Ron follows after him, giving the crowd a big wave. Derek jumps on about 5 seconds later meaning I'm next.

I take a big breath and jog onto stage, a large smile taking over my features as the crowd screams even louder. I take my position on the stage and watch as Ronnie wanders on, a massive smile also covering his face. As soon as he's present Ryan starts with the drums to The Drug In Me Is You, causing the rest of us to join in.

After about 30 minutes we've just about made it half way through the set, stopping for a moment after Tragic Magic. I take a gulp of my water and wipe away the thick layer of sweat building on my forehead, making a few people scream my name. I grin widely and give a little wave before making sure I'm tuned correctly for our next song, Goodbye Graceful.

Ronnie does a quick little interaction with the crowd to let us get ready before quickly diving into the song. We manage to get about half way through the song before Ronnie walks over and slings a lazy arm around my shoulder, making a few girls squeal. I lean against him while concentrating on my fingers moving speedily across the guitar. It doesn't matter how much practice I've done, I'd fail miserably if I didn't concentrate.

"Can we give it up for the amazing Jacky Vincent?" Ronnie
announces as I start with my solo, making the crowd scream louder. I blush a little, probably not noticeable as I'm already extremely red in the face from the hot stage lights. The screams keep coming as I work my way through the solo, hands working at a crazy speed to hit the correct notes in time.

After completing the solo I lean more against Ronnie, a little exhaustion making it's way through the adrenaline. I carry on until the end of the song with Ronnie pouring his heart into the microphone and his arm around my neck, it's probably the closest I'm going to get to him so I enjoy it while I can.

After we finish Ronnie moves away to the centre stage again, making me whine a little in the back of my throat. Thank God I'm not near a microphone.

The show carries on for another half an hour before we'd finally finished with the crowd still jumping around. We all wave to them before jogging off the stage, some cold water and towels waiting for us.

I soon jump into a hyped conversation with Derek about how amazing the kids were tonight while walking back to our dressing room. Once we arrive I slouch down on the nearest couch and let out a happy sigh while closing my eyes.

Ron dibs the shower first so we all just sit around the small coffee table making some small conversation. Well, the other three are, I'm just sat on my phone playing Candy Crush. I seriously hate Ryan for getting me into this.

"For fuck sake." I groan while tapping at my phone angrily, having lost once again. Stupid God damn game.

"You alright Jacks?" Ronnie asks. I look at the three and blush lightly before nodding and starting the game again. I will defeat this thing.

"What's he playing?" I hear Derek ask, making Ryan chuckle.

"Candy Crush, I may have shown him it last week and now he's addicted." He explains, my teeth gritting together at his amusement.

"What level you on Jacks?" Ronnie asks.

"51" I answer while pulling at my hair as I lose again, I was so close.

"Lemme try." I sigh and hand it over to him, I don't see how he'd be able to complete it. I've been working on this one for two days.

It takes a couple of minutes but soon Ronnie grins in triumph and hands back the phone...with the level completed. I stare at him with my mouth hanging open a little.

"But how-"

"I guess I'm just very talented young one." He chuckles before getting up as Ron leaves the bathroom. I frown and focus on the next level, which of course is a million times more complex.

Ugh, fuck you Ryan.

***

A couple hours later we're back on the road again. After meeting some fans the exhaustion of the show had finally caught up with me, making me extremely dazed. So I'm curled up in my bunk and letting sleep slowly take me for another night, but before I can doze off my bunk curtain is ripped open and the bright light of the hallway shines on my face. I whine and slowly blink my eyes open to find Ronnie stood over me with a pissed off expression spread across his face.

"Ronnie wha-"

"Ron spilt water all over my bed, budge over." He explains, making me sigh a little but push myself against the wall so he can squeeze in. He's told me the reasons why I'm the only one he'll share a bed with. Ron snores, Ryan moves too much and Derek takes all of the covers. I'm not complaining about him sleeping with me, but God, try having Ronnie Radke pushed up against you and not being allowed to touch him up.

Once he's finally settled I mutter 'goodnight' before rolling over to face the wall and closing my eyes. I'm too fucking tired to deal with anyone.

Before I fall asleep I can feel two large arms wrap around my waist.

I'm honestly too out of it to care.