Cause No One Is Perfect

Things That You Can't Erase

I woke up and immediately could tell I had that worst hang over I'd ever experienced. Which is saying a lot because I've had some pretty bad ones in my drinking career. This led me to think about what I had been doing last night. Oh yeah, Abbi got married. Damn, those Russians can really throw a party. That was crazy. My thoughts sort of threw themselves off a speeding train when I realized I was in a girly room and not tucked safely in my bed at the hotel I checked into yesterday because no one wanted to stay at Abbi's when she got married last night. Speaking of things involving being naked... I was being naked. In a strange girly room. Well this is quite awkward. I didn't know what to make of the situation. So I sat up. A soft mumbling of Russian came from under the blankets before a head of wild black hair popped out from under there. My eyes got wide and I started freaking out. Okay, calm down you don't know anything happened. Nope, you can freak out she isn't wearing anything either. She was alarmed as I was obviously. So both of us dressed in a craze and she yelled something I took around the lines of get the hell out. As I was trying to not get myself lost in Moscow, I was telling myself how stupid I was. Joe, you are stupid because you got wasted in a foreign country. Joe, you are more stupid because you woke up naked in bed with your sister-in-law! Aren't there laws against that sort of thing or something. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

I waited patiently waited for him to answer the phone. I hoped he would answer because I was anxious to hear his voice. I paced the floor. I was having Joe withdrawals. He hadn't been able to talk since two days ago. He promised he'd call today and I know there is a huge time difference. Like thirteen hours, but I've stayed up until three in the morning here to try to catch him at two in the afternoon there. It's been a hard two and a half weeks for me. Finally, he picked up.
"Hey, Angel." His voice came from the phone sounding like his night was more eventful than mine.
"Hi. You know I hate when you call me angel. Normal people call me Eva."
"I am not normal, Angel. You of all people should know that." I laughed at him.
"No, you are not. That's why I love you." He chuckled.
"I love you too, buddy. I need you, you give me some stability in my life. I do terrible things when I am away from you for too long. That is why I am coming home today instead of waiting for everyone else." I jumped up and down.
"Yay! Why are you leaving? Not that I want you to stay any longer, but clients are starting to think I have issues. Hey, what's a girl supposed to do with out her inspiration?"

"I am having issues with one of my-in-laws. Nothing big I am just tired of not understanding most of everything that's going on." I lied and hoped she couldn't read through the white out I was using to try to cover the permanent marker I was using on my life last night.
" Well, either way I am excited to see you again, JoJo." She was smiling I could tell. She had the best smile.
"That is the worst excuse for a nickname I have repeatedly been called you know that, right?" She giggled.
"I know, but I like annoying you." Finally, I found the hotel and prayed I wouldn't run into my family.
"That is your job as my best friend." I walked in and to the stairs they were less risky then the elevator. Slim chance of running into people.
"It does have perks such as that and I get to use you for a model."
"You have too much fun with that. Speaking of that. You can never show anyone any of those one photo shoot." I made it to my room and shut the door behind me.
"Don't worry those are for my eyes only." That made my mind wander. I busied myself with finding clothes.
"I am burning those as soon as I get home." I started taking off the clothes from yesterday.
"No you can't. They kept me company while you were gone." I turned on the shower and went back into my room.
"You make everything so dirty sounding."
"Who said anything about sounding?"
" Evangeline Matterson!"
"You are naked right now aren't you?" Why is she so good at knowing these things?
"You insightful little thing. I have to take a shower I smell like I was drunk last night."
"Oh, JoJo. Haven't you heard getting drunk in Russia is normal. You probably smell like everyone else."
"Well, now I'm going to let you go. I need a shower. Bye, Eva."
"Bye bye, Joe. Come see me when you get in."
"I promise." I set my phone on the counter and stepped in the shower to try and wash away the mistakes I have made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. I know it's been a while since the last chapter of Cause I'm Five Minutes Older, but I had trouble deciding what should come next. I was between a Joe story or a Nick story and in the long run this one won. Not to say there won't be a Nick story next, but for now I'll give you this little loveliness.
<3 Kelsey