Cause No One Is Perfect

Decisions.

It was almost a half hour later that the group finally stopped arguing with the slamming of the front door emphasizing the silence. The noise woke Malik up and he startled and began to wail. I stood and paced rocking him slightly. Abbi came into the room once again. Sitting next to Nick on the couch.
"What was that?" I whispered as Malik started to quiet and simmer down to a whine.
"Mikhail is taking Ekaterina home. She didn't want to be here anymore. She said that that baby means disgrace for her and she didn't want anything to do with it. Mikhail tried to get her to stay, but she was pretty set on leaving. I'm sorry, Joe, that she left you to deal with all this mess alone. I'm sure you are going to have a ton of paper work to do. You are going to have to acquire full custody of him." I was a bit shocked, but a little relieved that my son wouldn't have to be with a mother that didn't want him. I could deal with the paper work. I did not want to be stuck worrying about him while he would be in Russia with her. She didn't seem very stable minded to me.
"Well then, how long are you guys staying?" Nick asked mostly to Abbi who he probably wanted to kidnap and keep here forever. He wasn't to happy about her picking up and moving to Russia so suddenly last year. Nick wasn't very comfortable not being able to see his twin sister when he wanted. I think that's why he spent so much time at mom and dad's house instead of his apartment. He was probably lonely. I would be too if I was him. Hopefully one day he will find someone to love him. No disrespect for my little brother, but he had a history of looking for love in the wrong women. He didn't like sample the goods or anything he just always seemed to fall for the crazy ones. That's what he was scared of every time he found a girlfriend that eventually she would turn around and go upturn his life. Well at least he didn't have the same sort of bad luck Abbi had... But we don't really bring that up. We had a unspoken vow of silence about that stain on our lives. The good thing is that we as a whole and especially Abbi have moved passed that. Not one of us wanted to relive that time. Malik started to fuss and then consequently started to smell. I sighed and excused myself to change the baby. Eva followed me out of the room. Once in private she handed the diaper bag to me and I started the tedious process of diaper changing.
"Joe?" She asked touching my shoulder. I looked up at her for a brief second signaling her to go on. "What does this mean for us?"
"I think for you it means you have a choice. To abandon ship or stay for the long road ahead."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please. They make me update faster.
<3 Kelsey