Cause No One Is Perfect

In All Honesty Or Not

I pulled into the parking lot of her apartment building at 6:45 at night. After parking I rested my head on my steering wheel and took a few breaths. Today and yesterday, I guess, have not gone the way I had planned. Time to make a change for the good. I climbed out of the car and pulled the present I had gotten her in Russia out along with some flowers. I wish I could give her more. In time, Joe, in time I reminded myself. I was well into the lawn in front of the building before a body hit me like a wall would if I had been running at it.
"Oh, how I missed you!" She yelled as loud as she could muster and squeezed me tighter. "I'm never letting you leave my side again that's it."
"I missed you too, Angel. But I do have to go do career things once in a while. It does require me to travel quite a bit."
"Just take me with you. Hire me as a tour photographer."
"You wouldn't take nice pictures of me I know it."
"You are right I do have a habit of taking inappropriate pictures of you, but in a way that's not my fault." She was still holding on to my neck and standing on my feet. Her chest against mine. I smiled to myself. "Mr. Jonas if I didn't know better, I'd think you were thinking about inappropriate pictures." Fight it, Joe. She's trying to pull your strings.
"Are we going to go inside or did you want to draw unwanted attention to me?"
"Better head in." She stepped off my feet and looked down at my hands full of things. "What's this?"
"Oh, I have gotten you flowers. Your favorite, red tulips. Because they are a better suited flower of love then roses. They are from your favorite flower shop."
"How romantic of you, best friend." She held the flowers up to her nose and smiled. I pushed the button for the elevator. "What about the rest?"
"So nosy. Can't you wait until we get upstairs?"
"If I have too." She smirked. "I'm so happy your back. What you tell your family?"
"That you got into an accident."
"That is terrible. What sort of accident did I get into?" She asked leaning against the wall of the elevator.
"Oh, you fell off a latter during a photo shoot. And I was your emergency contact at work so. You know they called me to let me know you had gotten hurt and went to the hospital and they think you broke your arm."
"How lovely, and how am I supposed to fake a broken arm?" She inquired.
"By saying you didn't actually break your arm you just sprained it or something." The doors opened and we stepped out and started down to the second door. "I don't think they really minded me leaving. Abbi will, but I'll make it up to her at some point. She unlocked her door and we walked in and left our shoes on the mat. She had dinner out on the table. She knew just what I needed. She walked towards the table. I came behind her and put the bag in front of her. "You might want to be sitting." I pulled out her chair for her. She sat and peeked in the bag. Then looked up at me and then back in the bag.
"Are you serious?" She looked back at me. I nodded. She pulled it out of the bag. "POLAROID 185 LIMITED EDITION 2000! Is this even real?"
"Very. I don't want to over whelm you, but I would like to be in your very first picture with it."
"Of course you will be! I can't imagine what this cost you." It was worth every penny seeing her like this. I sat in my seat and she stood up to take the picture.
"No you get in here too." I pulled her so she was sitting across my lap. "Smile!" I told her before she pressed the button and the picture came out.
"I love you, Joe! Greatest person in the world!" She shouted kicking her legs a little.
"I love you too." I spoke looking her in the eyes. She stopped wiggling and whooping about. She blinked and looked back at me.
"You really mean it this time, don't you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, please?
<3 Kelsey