Cause No One Is Perfect

Promises and Resolutions

"I had a lot of time to think about you when I was gone, Eva. And I realized that you are the driving force in my life. I wake up in the morning and think what do I have to do to until I can see you. When I'm with you I'll do anything for you. When I leave I want to be back and the next day it starts again. I feel like there is always something unsaid between us." I explained to her.
"And it took you a whole year of knowing me to figure it out?"
"Okay now it sounds like you are calling me stupid." She rolled her eyes.
"I don't want to quote one of your songs Joe, but even though I'm the blonde you are the one that should feel dumb. I have dropped you hints for months. I fell for you a long time ago. You don't know how hard it had been for me." I was stunned thinking that I would have this unrequited love that would be painful. When all this time I was blind.
"I will make it up to you, I promise."
"You seem to make a lot of blank promises, Joseph." When the full first name comes out it's serious business. She could probably see the pain of longing behind my eyes from behind her bangs as she looked down.
"You know that when I make you a promise." I tucked her hair behind her ear. "That I will go through with it." I lifted her chin up. "Every time. I could be a million miles away and I would still come for you." I held her face in my hand.
"You can't just do this to me. You know you can't always be here for me. You can't always come because if I call and your on stage you can't come even if it was a real emergency."
"That's not fair. But really I do come off stage after several songs and someone holds my phone for me so if it did ring they would see it was you and would tell me. Then I would call you back. I would delay a show for thousands of people just for you. Just like you, Angel, would stall on some clients for me."
"No, I wouldn't you are mean." She crossed her arms and pursed her lips stubbornly.
"Yes you would. I know it. You love me that much. That you would face an angry mom of a two year old. Admit it." I poked her playfully in the side she squirmed.
"I do not." She protested.
"Yes you do. If you didn't you would have gotten up by now instead of comfortably lounging in my lap." She tried to get up, but I wrapped my arms around her. "You love me and I know why." She looked at me with a look of amusement. "It's because I am handsome."
"You are full of yourself." She rolled her eyes. I would have in normal circumstances added a dirty joke in after that, but after my week that was a spot that was a little soft.
"And you love me regardless."
"There you go assuming things. I am being angry at you." I smiled at her pouting face and poked her. "Stop poking me!" She squealed.
"I know, how I can test my theory." She opened her mouth to speak, but then closed it. Before she could blink I pulled her up to me. So close our foreheads were touching. I turned my head and kissed her softly. Just as I thought she would she added pressure back. She tangled her fingers up in the front of my shirt. I moved one hand too the back of her head and the other to the small of her back holding her close. She broke away.
"That proves nothing." She spoke before sweeping swiftly in for another. I plucked the camera from her lap and snapped a shot of this. I needed proof. The picture escaped the camera and landed in Eva's lap. She picked it up the picture and smiled. "Well we do look cute together."