Cause No One Is Perfect

All I've Done and All I Will Do

At that time we realized that the dinner that Eva had made for me had gotten cold. So a decision to order pizza was made. Since we did that a million times she already knew what I wanted so she pulled out her cell and started to make the call. She started talking to the person on the other end. Mischievously, I kissed her neck right under her ear. She stopped mid-word and looked back at me. I feigned innocence.
“Sorry, I lost track of my thoughts. What was I saying? Oh, light sauce on that one and…” I kissed an inch lower on her jaw. She sit her lip pausing. When she put herself back together she could respond to the pizza place on the line. “Extra cheese. That should be it.” She waited for a response and then said thank you to them before hanging up and eyeing me.
“What?” I pretended to know nothing of what I did.
“Mr. Jonas, we have only been together for like three minutes.” She seemed to ponder that for a second in her head. “But, then if you think of it technically though.” Her eyes found mine. “We've been dating since we met.” My mind when down that track. From how we shared everything. To how I not even thinking about it always took her out. We went places and I always paid. I couldn't even count the amount of times I had slept over here and woken up cuddling her in my arms. I faked being her fiance for Christmas last year. I was almost drawn to just marry her now, but that time would come. I knew in my heart this was how I wanted it to be. Just my Angel and me.
“If you want to be technical then actually we are engaged.” She smiled as she pulled a necklace chain out from under her shirt. Hanging from the chain was the fake engagement ring.
“You mean this engagement ring? You don’t get it that easy. You have to actually mean it when you ask this time.” I wrapped my arms around her as she hid the necklace back under her shirt. She leaned back into me. “I meant it when I said yes.” She breathed and settled into me. That was a short lived comfort because my phone started going off and I knew that it would be my angry sister. My mood fell as I held the phone up for Eva to see the caller ID. “Hey, you made the mess now you get to clean it up.” She climbed off my lab and went to pour herself a glass of the wine. I put the phone to my ear after sighing.
“Hi Abbi.” There was no pause before she started her argument.
“Joseph! I cannot believe this. I thought you liked being here. I thought you wanted to see your little sister get married. Radi boga! I guess not. Mikhail’s family thinks it’s all their fault you left. Especially Ekaterina. This morning she was all broken up at breakfast and later I heard her crying. You know what she said Etot idiot Joe Jonas i vse besporyadok on sdelal! Do you know what that means?”
“No, I don’t understand Russian, Abs.” I could almost hear her eyes rolling through the phone.
“Don’t be a smart ass with me, Joe! She said that idiot Joe Jonas and all the mess he made. Do you know what she meant by that? Because she wouldn't tell me.”
“I have no idea Abbi. And, I am sorry I left, but there was an emergency back here in the States. My girlfriend, got hurt at work and needed me.”
“You don’t even have a girlfriend, Joe!” She shouted in disbelief.
“Yes her name is Evangeline and she needed me.” Eva motioned for me to put it on speaker.
“Hi! Abbi, right? This is Evangeline Matterson. I’m sorry about your brother leaving your wedding for me, but I desperately needed him here. I am deeply sorry it was at an inconvenient time.”
“It’s not your fault he has lost track of all sense of wrong and right. And now, the meaning of family. I wish you luck with him.” Without notice she hung up the phone. I put my head in my hands and sighed.
“You’ll work it out with your family, Joe don’t worry too much.” She spoke walking to the door to receive two boxes of pizza from the pizza guy. I pulled out my wallet and gave him the money letting him keep the change. Closing the door she put the pizza on the coffee table before opening her liquor cabinet. Pulling out a bottle or two and then adding those to the table. I grabbed glasses and a bowl of ice. We sat with our backs to the couch as I slowly tried to forget about all the pain I caused.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey