Cause No One Is Perfect

The Hardest Hits Happen At Your Highest Hights

Finally, it seemed like all that was ruined was so far behind me that I could no longer think about it. I was a changed man. I was going to get married. I got to wake up next to my beautiful fiancee. The sun was shining and I was content with life. I was so joyful I didn't even hesitate when my phone rang with my sister’s name across the screen.
“Joe, I see you are alive. Where have you been for, oh, seven months? No one has heard from you since I called you.” Same old Abbi. Mom probably put her up to calling. She is probably mad at me still. She never was good at that forgive and forget thing.
“I am well. Fantastic, actually. How’s Mikhail doing?” Maybe if I tried for normal conversation then she wouldn't bring up the past.
“He is a little ragged these days. You would know if you answered any sort of communication from your family.”
“Yeah, I've been a bit busy avoiding people and such, but I was in a good mood today. So I answered. What is up with Mikhail?” I changed the subject as Eva walked in the door from work. She dropped her things and kissed me quietly.
“Well, first of all you are going to be an uncle in a few months. She is due a month and a half after Mikhail and my anniversary.” She started. I smiled and mouthed to Eva that she was going to be an aunt. She gave me a thumbs up. She hasn't even met a single member of my family.
“I've got good news too.” I spoke up tapping my fingers on my armrest happily. “I am engaged to be married.” Eva wrapped her arms around my neck and placed her chin on my head.
“Oh so you've settled down. That’s good. Hopefully, I’ll meet her someday when you finally decide to be a part of your own family.” Abbi answered dampening my mood.
“I needed a break from everything I had known, Abigail. I have changed.” I followed, Eva left her spot and went into the bedroom probably to change out of her work clothes.
“Just do better at keeping us all in the loop. I know it might be hard with Kev and Dani in Jersey and everybody else in Texas, but we all still care about you. I am sure mother is going to have a fit because you didn't tell them you are getting married, but I’m sure she can find a way to get over it. That’s something you’ll have to do in person though.” Eva came out wearing something only to distract me from my conversation.
“So you said you having a baby was only the first reason why Mikhail is having a hard time. What else is wrong? Russia isn't cold enough.” I chuckled trying not to feel awkward as Eva straddled me in my chair. But, concentration when your lady is on you in hardly anything is a hard task to manage. If you know what I mean. At this point I just wanted the conversation to be at a point where it can close without Abbi calling me back immediately.
“Yes, his sister is in a delicate situation. Which is posing a problem for the whole family.” Eva started unbuttoning my shirt.
“What do you mean delicate situation?”
“She’s pregnant and no one knows who the father is.” Suddenly the Eva situation wasn't so hard to deal with. Completely turned off. “She says that it could be any of three or four guys. I think she knows though. She won’t tell anyone though. She is due in just under a month and her parents are disgraced and won’t have anything to do with her. Mikhail’s worried about her, but can’t go see her because his family might disown him. I’ve been seeing her without anyone including Mikhail knowing about it. Bringing her food and other things. Giving her some money. I just wish we knew who it was so that he could take care of her and the baby. She won’t tell though.” I was frozen solid. This was about the last thing I wanted to hear. A small voice in my head was telling me that this wouldn't work in my favor. I ignored it because it could be anyone’s baby, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please. And also if you haven't already check out the prequel to this story it'll help you with a large concept of this story. Mostly with the whole Abbi as a part of the family as Nick's twin. Thanks.
<3 Kelsey