Cause No One Is Perfect

Relief Finally Comes

I recovered Eva from the kitchen and announced to Dani and Kevin that I had to make up for my lost four hours. After all back home was four hours later than it was here. I wasn't actually tired though I just needed time to figure out how to tell Angel that I might be a father any day now. Is there a good way to say that? I guess the best way was to just tell her the truth. Dani helped Eva and I with readying the guest room. A few minutes after she left I went down to get glass of water and over heard her and Kevin talking.
“He doesn't know for sure. There haven’t been tests or not, but he said he has a feeling about it.” A loud sigh came from my brother.
“Eva said that they had been together for around three years. Why would Joe cheat on her?”
“I’m not sure that’s the case, Dani. Joe wouldn't do that. When he is committed he stays true to her. He was raised better than to do that.”
“Maybe they were on and off for a bit?” I went back upstairs without water and found Eva waiting at the edge of the bed for me. She smiled as I came in and walked toward me.
“Angel, we need to talk about something that scares me. I hope you understand, but if you don’t I’ll have to just live with that. I’ll just except that my past pushed you away and go on with life.” She looked concerned and confused all at once. She hung her arms around my neck standing on my toes lightly. I held her waist so she wouldn't fall. “I think you should sit.”
“I don’t want to.” I sighed at her stubbornness.
“You know how I was in Russia for my sister’s wedding that was three days long and I only stayed for two and she got mad at me?”
“Yes, what’s the point?” I cherished probably the last few seconds of our relationship.
“That morning I left first for fear of what might happen if I stayed and then on the plane I had an epiphany about how I felt about you.”
“Okay is that all?” I shook my head I knew I was delaying the inevitable.
“I got really drunk at Abbi’s wedding like not even remember what happened don’t know where you are drunk. I woke up in a bed with someone I shouldn't have. I got so weird after the phone call with Abbi because she told me that that person might be having a baby soon.” She let go of me and I kept her up. “I am so, so sorry.” Eva looked up at me for a minute taking in the news.
“So this is how you tell me I might be a step mother?” Finally, she spoke and now I didn't know what to say. Was this how she would take it?
“What?” Was all I could get out.
“If the baby is yours then I would be it step mother when we get married.” She said it in a way like she was explaining it to someone who had never heard that term.
“You aren't going to be mad? Or leave me?”
“That happened during a time where we weren't actually together. If anyone asks then we can say that we were in an open relationship or for that month you were gone we were broken up if you want. I can’t be mad at something I can’t change. Although that’s going to be one messed up custody situation.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey