I Am Lost Without You Here...

Chapter 1

*Chris' POV*

The smell of the practice seemed almost tangy with the scent of perspiring moth balls. Perhaps the place was just outdated but Chris “Motionless” Cerulli was never one to judge as to how things would go with a certain aspect of the game being involved. It was the most they could have currently and though the band could have gone for somewhere much more high end, he knew it wasn’t so much their gig and it wasn’t permanent and they hoped this session would take no more than a day or two. They needed a grand decision and they were all determined to leave with a fight. They were there for a reason and the reason was simple. Someone was missing from the table. It was an eerie silence that none of them wanted to hear. The sixth member was missing and while it was none of their faults, it felt as though it was all but inevitable.

The road life took it’s toll on everyone. No matter how big or small the tour life was, it got to some peoples head. It took over their lives in the most horrible manners whether it be drugs or alcohol. For Angelo it had reached the end of the road and that wasn’t always a bad thing. Angelo Parente - a member since the beginning of the band - had finally found himself to be done with touring year round and called it quits just as everyone else would. However, Chris was far from calling it over. He wasn’t done getting what he needed and he hoped none of the others were near the point of calling it quits either. Down the line of the wooden table rested every existing member trying to focus on the voice that was missing. The voice everyone came to love and of all the people in the room it was killing Chris the most.

“This fuckin’ sucks..” He heard Ricky chime in next to him as he beat the table with a pen on a notepad in front of him. At the wooden judges table they sat at, they faced a stage with nothing more than a typical drum set that had been left behind as a bit of a farewell gift from Angelo. It wasn’t a farewell gift though; it was more of a bittersweet ‘I hope you miss me gift’ and it was the type only a mother could really cry over. It was a remembrance that Angelo couldn’t be replaced and though they could do their best to find someone, it seemed impossible to find someone with half as much skill. “Like your mother.” He heard someone murmur and it sounded like Balz. It didn’t matter. “Shut up.” Chris said lowly as he drew on the notepad below him with little doodles.

It was all odd. The non-existing member that was. On the pad below him, he knew the tryouts were extremely exclusive and it was by appointment only. It was mainly people with connections to the band or had somehow found the add. Regardless, everyone had an appointment and now they waited for the last person who went by the name of Brandon Richter. It was an odd name and it sounded like any individual that would only ever be a tour replacement. It didn’t sound like a rockstar and he knew in the end the person probably couldn’t replace Angelo. The name wasn’t ringing a bell for him and it didn’t have the rockstar vibe. Not like Angelo had. It was never going to be the same.

He had gone off into his own little world of trying to remain a bit more happier of the times. But as he came back to his own personal reality, he heard everyone down the line talking about the people that had came to try out. They talked of a huskier man that came that was good and while he was just that, he didn’t have the mentality nor the time to continue with a lifestyle of touring but was looking for recognition when it came to performing in the studio. A waste of the bands time more or less but they couldn’t say that to his face. Everyone before the almost nameless one who auditioned was spot on and either had a part time job or no job at all where they wanted a taste of what the road had to offer. It was almost perfect.. but something was missing. Perhaps it was because they were lacking a band member but only time could tell once someone was officially named a touring and studio-driven member of Motionless In White.

He heard a door opening in the back of his coursing mind and he had mentally told himself to turn around to see the entering body but he remained sitting forward. Had he heard a name? He didn’t know and part of him didn’t care. He had to be respectful and he had to snap out of his own consciousness though. Looking at the male that entered the room, he looked down to his left at the lineup of men: Devin and Ryan. With himself existing in the middle, he looked to his right at the remainders: Ricky and Joshua. It was a fine lineup of men and while it could be said that he wasn’t picky, this was far from the truth. He was picky and he would strut his stance with pride.

Watching the other approach the stage, it would be an understatement to say Chris sent a small smile. It wasn’t just a smile; it was judgmental glare that dared the male before him to impress him unlike the other auditioned ones really had. He was daring for someone to get it right but personally speaking, he couldn’t wait to tear the other apart with the critiquing. He couldn’t wait for the others to tear him apart either and to dig into the male’s personal life on what he could and couldn't do on a daily basis. Not everyone was perfect but perhaps he was wrong. The ultimate question was: had Chris had feelings for Angelo? Perhaps, but it was all high up on a shelf now to never be looked at again. The fact still remained.

“What’s your daily schedule like?” Chris chimed in as though he had been in the conversation all along. He still sent the half-assed smile in the others direction but knew the others could tell his feelings in the five to one conference about how he would be when it came to the touring life and if he had any past experience with bands and who to contact. It was like an actual interview except it had more of an intimate feeling. Feeling his right leg being kicked, he looked over to Ricky giving him a small glare. “That was already asked.” He heard him say but shrugged it off to go back to doodling down on his paper as he tried to act unconcerned with the possibly new drummer before him.