Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 11

Alex woke up from a dreamless sleep. It felt strange not dreaming about Jack. He wondered if the dreams would disappear forever or if they just stopped when he was around him. He hoped for the latter.
He slowly forced his eyes open and was faced with a dark tourbus. It wasn’t morning yet. Alex bit his lip. He hated waking up for no reason in the middle of the night. Someone once told him that if you randomly wake up a 2-3 am there is an 85% chance that someone is staring at you. Alex eyed the bus, shamelessly searching for murderers and monsters. He didn’t see anything suspicious. He gave out a tired sigh and turned to face Jack, who was peacefully sleeping next to him. His usually perfect Mohawk was a tangled mess and his mouth hung slightly open. Alex smiled, he was adorable.
It was kind of weird, Alex thought, that they’d spent so many nights dreaming about almost sleeping with each other and then when they finally met, nothing happened. He had thought that Jack would’ve at least suggested it, but he hadn’t. Alex was still kind of relieved by that.
His thoughts were interrupted by voices approaching the bus. Alex shook Jack out of his sleep. Jack yawned. “Where’s the fire?”
Alex put a finger on his lips and pointed towards the door. Jack sat up and reached over Alex to shut the drapes. They both held their breaths as the door opened and the band came stumbling in. He heard something, probably a lamp, fall down and someone, probably Rian, curse silently. It took everything Alex had not to giggle.
“Barakat, you sleeping?” Vincent whispered very loudly from the other side of the curtain.
“Fuck off” Jack replied while lowering his head down to the pillow again. Vincent laughed and climbed into the bunk above them.
The rest of the band followed Vincent’s lead and the bus went silent. Alex relaxed and pressed himself tightly against Jack.
___________________________
Alex woke up by someone knocking rapidly at the wooden bunk frame. He looked to Jack, who was already awake and sitting up. Jack sighed. “What?”
The knocking stopped and Zack’s voice came through. “We’re going out, are you coming?”
“No.”
“Come on Jack, don’t be lame.” Zack started pulling back the curtain. Alex’ breath caught in his throat. Jack threw himself over Alex and grabbed the curtain, preventing Zack from moving the drapes any further.
Zack let go of the curtain and took a step back. “Do you have someone in there or something?”
“I’m masturbating!” Jack blurted out loud enough that the rest of the bus heard him. There was a loud “ew” coming from the lounge area, followed by a “tmi” and a tired sigh.
“Jesus, Jack.” Zack left where he was standing and went to the others. Alex heard them shout their goodbyes and leave the bus.
Alex started laughing. “Was that really necessary?”
Jack shrugged “It worked, didn’t it?”
Alex pulled back the drapes and they got out of the bunk. Jack tossed him his Jeans and they both got dressed. Jack got out a new, fresh t-shirt from a drawer under his bunk and threw it on. Alex wore the same clothes as he did yesterday. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He dug it up and saw his mother’s face light up the screen. He groaned.
“What?” Jack looked up from zipping his pants.
“My mom is calling.”
“Oh”
Alex answered the call and raised the phone to his ear. “Hello.”
“You didn’t come home last night.”
She sounded cold and matter of factly. Alex swallowed and looked over to Jack, who was still working on zipping up his pants. His brows were furrowed and his tongue stuck out a tiny bit between his lips. Alex wanted to kiss every inch of his frustrated face.
“I stayed at a friend’s house.” He clamped the phone between his ear and shoulder. He walked up to Jack and swatted away his hands from the zipper.
“Which friend?”
Alex zipped up the zipper and debated on whether to freak his mom out by telling the truth or to lie and hope that she wouldn’t check. He went with the second option.
“Vic. I forgot to tell you about it, sorry.”
Jack gave him a kiss on the cheek and mouthed “thanks”. Alex nodded and smiled in response.
“It’s okay, but you make sure to tell me about it next time. I was worried.”
Alex sighed “I will . You worry too much.”
She ignored him and continued. “I’m going shopping in London with Elisabeth today. It’s quite a drive so I probably won’t be home until late tonight. You’ll have to make dinner yourself and I expect you to be home when I get home.”
“Okay mum.”
They said goodbye and hung up. Alex smiled and turned to Jack. “Want to see where I live?”
__________________
“That’s my school.” Alex pressed his index finger towards the bus window
Jack leaned closer to the window. “So that’s where you saw my dick.”
Alex giggled and swatted his thigh. “I never saw your dick.”
Jack rolled his eyes and grabbed Alex’ hand. “Okay, so that’s where you almost saw my dick.”
Jack’s hand was warm in his. Alex smiled and squeezed it. Jack squeezed back harder. Alex raised his eyebrows and suddenly, they were in the middle of a squeeze war. By the time the bus arrived at his stop, Alex’ hand was throbbing.
“Okay, okay, you win. This is our stop.”
Jack grinned in triumph and stood up, still holding Alex’ hand. They got off the bus and Alex showed the way home. Jack wanted to know everything about everything and pointed towards every house, trashcan and sign they passed. Alex answered every question he could and saw Jack’s eyes beam with interest as he told the tale about that one time he fell over a dog and broke his ipod.
Alex stopped in front of his driveway and turned to Jack. “My house.”
Jack eyed the building, still smiling like an idiot. “Your house.”
Alex dragged him up to the door, unlocked it, and went inside. He walked directly into the kitchen with Jack following close behind. He opened the fridge. “Do you want something to eat?”
“Yeah, sure” Jack replied while sitting down at the kitchen table.
“Is scrambled eggs okay?” He grabbed some eggs and butter.
Jack nodded. Alex closed the fridge and got out the frying pan. He put it on the stove to let it heat up while he got the eggs ready. He cracked three eggs into a bowl and stirred them together until they became a yellow mush. He sprinkled some salt into the bowl and put it down on the counter. He put a chunk off butter into the frying pan and let it melt. He then proceeded to pour the yellow goo into the pan. He took a wooden spoon and moved around the eggs until they hardened. He turned off the stove and grabbed two plates and forks. Breakfast was served.
Jack’s face lit up and he licked his lips. “Why can’t you make me breakfast every day?”
Alex laughed. “Because then it wouldn’t be special.”
Jack dug into his eggs. “Aw man, this is delicious.”
Alex took a bite. The eggs had turned out great. He didn’t want to brag or anything, but yeah, he was a master at making scrambled eggs.
He glanced at Jack, who was pretty much inhaling his eggs, and realized that he was eating breakfast with the man of his dreams, literally. He smiled to himself. Not many people could say that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh wow i am so sorry for this taking aaaaaaages. I didn't have time to update around Christmas and New Year's.

Almost 300 subs!!! HOW EVEN???

oh and btw, remember last chapter when I spoke about Alex' tumblr? Did anyone of you actually go to the url mentioned? No?

ALSO THANKS TO VERA (ilikedavidpavluk.tumblr.com) FOR BEING AMAZING AND HELPING ME FIGURE OUT THINGS (there is a reason she has a character based off of her)