Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 19

The last concert was tonight. Alex knew that in just a few hours, the tour was officially over. This meant that he would get to see Jack tomorrow again. He sat down by his desk and smiled. He had missed Jack more than he was willing to admit. It was strange actually, how much he had missed him. He had only met him once but it felt like he had always been there. It was as if a part of him was gone. He felt wrong not being around Jack. He came to the conclusion that meeting Jack was the worst thing to ever happen to him, but he didn’t regret it for a second.
Alex opened his laptop and turned it on. He stared at the screen as it began starting up, he saw his desktop manifest and he clicked the chrome icon. He went directly to tumblr, as always. He scrolled through his dash, reblogged a few posts, then his curiosity got the better of him. He clicked the search bar and typed “Jack Barakat + Rumors”. He read through a few posts speculating about certain tweets and things Jack had said. Alex giggled, he wondered how tumblr would react if they found out the truth. He wondered if they would ever find out the truth, he sort of hoped they would.
His phone buzzed. He had gotten a text message from Vic. He opened it.
-”Expect me”-
Alex left his desk and went down the stairs into the kitchen. He hoped up on the kitchen counter and crossed his legs. He looked out the window and waited for Vic to arrive. After a few moments he spotted a tiny Mexican with long hair and a green cap. He came riding a bike that he parked on the driveway. Alex watched him walk up to the door and open it.
Alex jumped down from the counter. “Rude.”
Vic walked in and smiled. “I saw you staring at me, you creep. I didn’t really feel like knocking was necessary.”
Alex shook his head. “Raised in a barn.”
Vic gasped dramatically. “I’m offended.”
He ignored him and opened the fridge to get them something to eat. He eyed the inside and sighed. “We don’t have anything to eat.”
Vic chuckled. “Dude you’re stocked.”
Alex stared at him. “We have to go to the supermarket. I want coke and yogurt.”
Vic raised his eyebrows. “That’s an odd combination.”
Alex closed the fridge. “Did I ask for your opinion? No. Let’s go.”
They left the kitchen and got their coats. Alex checked his pockets for money, he found enough for two cokes and yogurt. They took the bus to the store because Alex was so not taking the bike and he sure as hell was not going to walk. Vic could nag all he wanted, Alex was taking the bus. They got off after two stops and walked the last 50 meters. Once they had entered the store Alex quickly made his way to the dairy aisle. He grabbed strawberry yogurt and smiled. He fucking loved strawberry yogurt.
“I honestly can’t believe you have a boyfriend. You’re so fucking strange.”
Alex shrugged and started walking towards the best aisle in the whole store, the aisle with soft drinks. He stopped in front of the shelf with coke and picked two. He gave one to Vic.
Vic smiled and started singing to himself. “Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy.”
Alex rolled his eyes. “And you call me weird? Jesus Christ.”
Vic chuckled and they both went to the cash register. They stood at the back of the line. Vic pointed towards the shelf next to them. It was stocked with condoms of various sizes, colors, textures, and flavors? Why the hell would anyone want their penis to taste like apples? Alex shook his head.
“Aren’t you gonna buy a pack?” Vic was grinning.
Alex ignored him. But he couldn’t help but think about it. Jack was supposed to stay with him for a week, maybe two. Something was bound to happen. Alex put his hand in his pockets and touched the crumbled money. He did not have enough to buy yogurt if he was gonna buy condoms as well. He was not letting go of his yogurt and he sure as hell was not going to ask his mother to buy condoms for him. Alex sighed. He’d have to think more about that later, the line was shrinking and he had to pay for his coke and yogurt.
______________________________________________

“This is our last dream together for a week, or two, no pressure.”
Jack chuckled. “I’ll stay for two if you want me to.”
Alex smiled and turned around in Jack’s arms so he could give him a kiss. “Good.”
Jack pushed Alex away and stood up. Alex gave him a dumbfounded look. Jack smiled and offered his hand, Alex took it. He pulled him up on his legs.
Jack looked around. “I wonder if you can get any music around here?” A slow piano song started playing in the background. Jack laughed. “I love dreaming.”
Alex watched as Jack took his hands and placed them on his shoulders. He then put his own hands on Alex’ waist. Alex shook his head. “Jack, I can’t dance.”
Jack started moving slowly from side to side. “I don’t care. Last dream for a while remember? Gotta make it special.”
Alex didn’t argue. They rested their foreheads to one another and closed their eyes. Jack hummed along to the music, as if he knew the song. Maybe he did. Alex wasn’t going to ask. They stayed like that for the rest of the dream, moving in small circles around the room. Jack would occasionally whisper things to Alex, small thing about them and about how much Alex meant to him. Alex wanted to say the same things back but he didn’t know how. He didn’t know how to explain to Jack how important he was. He had tried so many times to find the right words, but everything sounded wrong or not enough.
The music stopped and the world around him became blurry. He opened his eyes and stared into the wall next to his bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm really really sorry about it taking years between chapters but i'm not really feeling it atm. Sorry

Alex' blog: www.iliveforalltimelow.tumblr.com