Status: Love Grown ups? Check this out!

After All This Time I'm Still Into You

chapter 4

(My pov)I was wiping a tear away from my eye when I heard a knock"Jess?Can we talk?"It was Marcus...I sighed redoing my makeup,unlocking the door"What"I asked as he came in"Im sorry...I...I was only kidding I had no intentions of hurting your feelings"Marcus said.I looked at him"Well you did.I know it's hard to believe that the Coach's daughter...the girl who can usually take a hit...has grown alittle more sensative over the years...but I have..Im in my 30's Marcus...and I have no kids...its a sensative subject..."I looked in the mirror"Soon I wont be able to have any kids at all"I said sighing"You still have time...and I plan on trying to be the best I can be for you this weekend...I'm going to be totally romantic...I'm going to make you fall in love with me all over again....I promise"Marcus said.I smile"I'll hold you to that"I said but blushed as he kissed my hand"Good"He said and walked out.I sighed and looked in the mirror sighing"It'll be okay...just as long as he doesnt try to scheme like he used to"I said applying lip gloss then going back to the table..thankfully they all kept talking instead of quieting down and starring..but I spoke too soon"Oh god Jess you came back at perfect timing do u remember when we were kids..what did you do to Sally when we went camping that one day with my parents?"Deanne said trying to contain her laughter"Oh you mean when I pushed her off the cliff?All you could hear were her screams then spalt in water"I said giggling"I peed my self on the way down that wasnt funny!I thought I was going to die!"Sally said making me laugh"Oh come on it was fun after wards"I said smirking"You said we would all jump together!"
Sally said trying to hide her smirk"Sally I lied"I said giggling"You always liked to trick me"Sally said"What you mean like the time we went up to my Dad's cabin here and tied your finger to the fan,which had feathers all over it"I said smirking"Keep in mind we already put honey on her"Deanna said laughing"You two always bullied me"Sally said"That is so not true!What about the time you and Deanna were in gym with me and Sally pegged the ball at me hitting me in the forhead,then again when Deanne pegged the ball and hit my mouth!"I said smirking"We were just really competitive"Sally said smirking"Ok.Must of been a cheerleading
thing right?"I said laughing"Duhh"Deanne said smirking"You girls were crazier then we were as kids"Lenny said"You have no idea
...keep in mind,whenever Deanna and Sally did something to me, Marcus would help me come up with a revenge plan..nine times out of ten it would always work"I said smirking"Yea we were a good team"He said chuckling. I smiled at that...(20 minutes later)I was finishing my fries while everybody was talking.I had a glass of wine in me so I was a tad depressed about my Dad again"You alright there buzz?"Kurt asked"Yeaa wine,funeral, bad mix"I said smiling weakly"Dont think about it"Lenny said "So tomarrows going to be an emotional day"Eric said and all the guys gave Eric a look"What I didnt""Oh my god"I said shaking my head as I took my glass of wine but Lenny took it"I think you've had enough"He said"Please.I barely drink an I'm a big girl I can make decisions on my own"I said reaching for it"Yeah and if we werent around to watch out for you you'd do something incredibly stupid"Lenny said"Fine.Dad wants us to spread the ashes on Macentire Island a ceremony plan"I said in a sad tone"Lenny are u going to be able to tomarrow?What time are u leaving?"Sally asked"Pardon?"I said in shock and devistation"Forgot to tell you fellas...we got to take off tomarrow"Lenny said"You cant leave.We've got the ceremony tomarrow"Eric said"He's just kidding everybody"Deanne said"No he's not" Sally said"Are you joking?"Marcus asked annoyed"No.No.
No.I wanna be there but we gotta go to Molan"Lenny said"Molan Italy?"I asked in disbelief"Well Roxanne has her fall line coming up"Lenny said"Fasion Week"Roxanne said smiling"3 nights and 4 seasons baby.Ex benedict by the pool, PS3 in every room and they show boobies on Itali tv"Greg said smirking.I rolled my eyes
"Im going to Italy"Eric said but Sally glared"Uh,no I-I-I didnt tell you guys we're going to Italy as a family surprise"Eric said we laughed alittle"Lenny..you cant go.I need you here.We're family and you...you're the captain Lenny..it means alot to my Dad"I said gently placing my hand on his arm"Well Roxanne is cool for letting us stay for the night"Lenny said"Cant she go without you" Robby asked"No it is an absolute must that she has to go?I mean I know better then anyone here what it's like to show up to things like that.Its important for ur career and it makes you look good...but it doesnt make you look bad if you dont show up"I said"Well its me and my lady we do everything together.Last year we had to skip Becky's school play for her"Lenny said. Roxanne stood angrily throwing her napkin down"Roxanne"Lenny said but she walked off.Lenny followed"Wow...I mean I understand where she's coming from but she seriously has no sympathy for my Dad's death"I said angrily"Jess dont take offence to it..she's not used to our life style.She's had her whole life in fame ya know?"
Sally said.I scoffed"Well we need to snap her into our world.We gotta show her its fun to be out here"I said"I can think of some ways to have fun around here"Marcus said smirking.I shook my head"Yea Im gonna go back to the cabin...I have some planning to do for tomarrow"I said glaring at Marcus.As I was walking out,i couldnt help but notice Sally and Deanne scolding Marcus(Marcus' POV)"I was talking about her how could she get offended?"I asked "Because she was talking about Roxanne, and you broke her heart, you gotta be sensative"Eric said"But-""She came for two reasons, her dad and you.Dont be stupid"Sally said"Dont make the same mistake again Marcus.Go"Deanna said annoyed.I sighed nodding and left...(my pov)I was walking back when Marcus caught up with me"Jess Im sorry..I know I've been saying that alot lately.Im trying to break the ice and make it easier on you..guess Im making it harder huh"Marcus said with a small smile.I sighed"Its fine Marcus.I wasnt really that mad.I just really wanted to get some things ready for tomarrow.Lets just forget it and be friends okay?"I asked smiling as I pulled him in a hug.He hugged me back and when we pulled back abit, our faces were close..our noses were touching...my chest was so heavy up until Becky ran up to me"Why'd you leave aunt Jessie?"Becky asked(Im her god mother)"What?Im sorry Becky I just wanted to leave early to plan things for tomarrow.Come'ere"I said smiling as I picked her up.She giggled"What were u doing just now?"Deanne asked suspiciously"Psh,nothing. We were just talking obviously"i said smirking"Uh-huh and Sally's not a natrual blonde"Deanne said"Take cover Sal,they know"Eric said and we all laughed....so when we got back, everyone took turns showering and then went to our rooms.I thought I'd be in my room alone...so I only packed short nightgowns..After my shower,I came in my room in nothing but a light blue silk nightgown with polkadots a darker shade of blue and frill on the breast part.I also had my pig slippers on.I noticed Marcus wasnt there...so I set my dirty clothes in my laundry basket. After that, i started to brush my hair,sitting at my desk with a mirror.. when I couldnt help but notice a picture of Marcus and I as teenagers....kissing.I smiled starring at it.. I caught myself singing the song that I wrote for him years ago...
"In another life
I would be girl
we keep all our promises
be us against the world
In another life
You would make me stay
so you dont have to say
I was the one that got away....
the one____x3
All this money cant buy me a time machine
Noo
Cant replace you with a million rings
Nooo
I should of told you to go after me
Woah
Cuz now I've paid the price
In another life
I would be girl
we keep all our promises
be us against the world
In another life
You would make me stay
so you dont have to say
I was the one that got away....
The one___x3
In another life
I would be girl
we keep all our promises
be us against the world
In another life
You would make me stay
so you dont have to say
I was the one that got away....
The one that got away..."

I sighed sadly as I set down the picture but jumped looking up in my mirror seeing Marcus leaning on the door frame"Wow...that definately tells me how you really feel"Marcus said as he walked to the bed and put a pillow on the floor"I wrote that along time ago Marcus...and you dont have to sleep on the floor...its me you're talking to...you know I dont mind..just dont be feeling me up"I said smiling sadly"Yeah...no promises"he said smiling back.I rolled my eyes and got in bed.I looked over and my face went red as he took off his shirt, and was left in nothing but boxers....
he still has a smokin body...what the fuck!"I know you're starring"
Marcus said with his back to me.I blushed and turned on my side, my back to him"I am not"I said sighing"Riiight"He said as he got in the bed.I turned out the light and instantly felt his arm go around my waste"What are you doing?"I asked"Well your bed is small Jess...theres only 1 way for both of us to sleep comfortably"
Marcus said.I sighed"Fine"I said and went to sleep.....