Status: Active :)

With Me Tonight

nineteen

"I'm so excited!" I smiled to my phone, listening to my Ma's happy laughter on the other end of the phone. I called to tell her that I finally got some plane tickets to come visit home for the holidays. I missed my family so damn much.

"Me too, angel. Me too.. Ya bringing that sweet boy of yours?" She asked and I could just picture her winking at me.

"No Ma, he's gotta stay here and celebrate with his family," I heard her sigh on the other end. "Right. Well ya dear mother better meet this lad before she goes crazy. Did ya know I even saw ye two on the internet! Little Sofie got so excited!" She laughed, my smile spreading as well.

"I know Ma, I promise I'll tell you all about him when I get home, but I gotta go right now, work is calling," I sighed, not wanting to stop talking to her.

"Alrighty, I love ye."

"Love you, too mom. Tell Da and the rugrats I love them, too."

After we said goodbye, i hung up my phone with a saddened sigh. Only a few more weeks until I can go see them. That also means only a few more weeks until Christmas.. I need to start on my shopping asap.

I started brain storming what I would get people as I walked down all the aisles of my store, feeding all my fish and jotting down their conditions as I did. It felt good to be back at work, even if it feels weird with Gus not here. I hope he's having fun on his honeymoon, probably soaking in the sun while I'm here freezing my butt off. Geez, at least im not too jealous..

After feeding all my animals, I went over and took Xavier out of his habitat, letting him slither up onto my shoulders. I decided to leave Tippy in his for now with the carrot I gave him, not wanting to have him and Xavier get in a fight again. It can get ugly. "Ug, you're getting so heavy," I huffed, talking to my snake that was like another person on my shoulders. "I still love you, though," I ran my hand over his smooth body with a smile as I walked over to the door, flipping the 'CLOSED' sign to 'OPEN'.

It was just me today, since Pete, the only employee scheduled to work with me today, was given the day off. He was much younger than I and it wasn't hard to tell he was itching to be somewhere else.
Me on the other hand, I really didn't have anything I'd rather do today. Norman went back home with Mingus this morning, after my gourmet breakfast of Lucky Charms, so I was free to have some alone time, which is always a peaceful thing for me.
Plus, the more time I spent with Norman, the more my mind was bombarded by our stupid bet. He liked to tease me with it, too, even if it was only made less than 24 hours ago, he knew how to just under my skin. But I'm being strong. I want to watch him lose and buy me a years worth of my favourite cereal..

I still did text him all day, even though I'm not supposed to have my phone out while working, but the store wasn't very active today and it was hard to ignore all the funny pictures he was sending me of himself and Mingus. They were both dorks.

I sighed and responded to his picture with one of Xavier on my shoulders, and then put my phone away. It was peaceful here when quiet, like my own little safe place in some ways. And having my phone out broke the rules.

I let my head rest on the palm of my hand, while leaning my elbow on the counter, just daydreaming of Christmas and my family and Norman. That is until the loud, annoying ring for the stores phone rang out, making me nearly jump off of the stool I'm sitting on. "Hello?" I answered it while letting Xavier back into his habitat because he was getting way too heavy.

"Yes, hi," a woman on the other line responded.

"How can I help you?"

"Uhm, can I get two Big Mac's, a large order of fries, and hmm, a coke please?"

My face scrunched up in confusion and I let out a nervous laughter, "Uh, sorry, you've got-"

"KIDDING!" I was cut off with a happy chuckle. "It's me you bum!!"

"May?" I laughed lightly, shifting the stance I was in.

"Yes it is I! It's been a while and I'm craving McDonalds, how bout I bring some over at your lunch break?"

"Sure, sounds good," I smiled. "I'll see you then?"

After saying our goodbyes, I hung up the phone with a smile. I've been to McDonald's a lot with May and Missy before, so she already knows my order because I get the same thing everytime.
It has been a little while since I've hung out with her or gone on runs together at least. She is my best girl friend, so I'm pretty excited to finally see her.
***

"You're different!" May exclaimed before biting down on her fries.

"What?" I laughed lightly, doing the same.

"Not bad different.. Good different. Like you're stronger.." She squinted her eyes at me. "No offense, but before you seemed so.. scared. Now you seem so much more confident and wow."

I nodded, biting my lip as I looked down. She is right about that, I even feel more confident about not only being myself, but around others, too. And I know thats 100% thanks to Norman. "Yeah.." I tried to hide my smile.

"Oh my God, this is because of that boy of yours isn't it? You need to fill me in on everything... Did you two get it goin on?" She winked at me, thrusting her hips in the air.

I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips, "..maybe.."

"You did!" May broke out in laughter with me. "How was it? Was he any good?"

I looked around as if to make sure no one was listening, even though were the only ones in here, then back to May. I shrugged, "he was really good... Like all night insanely good," I kept my voice quiet.

"You dirty little girl!! We have 20 more minutes so you are going to sit here and spill, but no going into detail about your sex life, I might get insanely jealous.. Or horny. I haven't been laid in forever," May sighed, bowing her head down. I chuckled a little, shaking my head at her. "Start with the wedding!" She commanded me, and with a gulp, I did just so.
♠ ♠ ♠
[A/N]: Alright, so yeah just a short, kinda boring chapter.. It's mostly just a filler, but I wanted to get something up since I haven't updated this story too much!
I of course love all you guys! Hope you're sticking with me!