Status: discontinued, being re-written with original characters, might continue it later maybe

Remember Me

Chapter 4

When I woke up the next morning, I realised that I had not told Mikey about my memories. And that I was extremely late. I quickly changed and ran my hand through my black hair making it look good enough. I made it into the kitchen without hitting any walls and saw Mikey there already with a cup of
coffee sitting on the table for me.

“Mikey I love you.” I told him as I gulped down my coffee and grabbed the keys to the impala.

“Yea well I’d love you a little more if you weren’t making me late.” He retorted.
I rolled my eyes but got in the impala and started it up instead of replying and starting a fight.

“Seriously? The Misfits? again?" Mikey said.

“Driver gets to pick the music, Mikes. Or I could just make you late?” I laughed. Mikey just grumbled and sunk down in his seat. That’s what I thought.

****

By the time we got to the school we actually were late so Mikey sprinted off while I decided that I would much rather skip first block. Then maybe, just maybe, I could get Frank to skip with me between first and second block? I started to figure out how I would do it and soon enough, I head the bell ring and the class I was standing outside of started to empty. When Frank walked out, I grabbed him and yanked him into the bathroom.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing?” he asked angrily. Then, seeing it was me, he started to back away while holding his hands out, palm towards me; as if he was saying he was peaceful. I grabbed his hand and felt a little bad when he cringed.

“Well hey, Frankie-“

“Don’t ever call me that!” he snarled cutting me off. Some issues with the name then, I’ll keep that in mind.

“Sorry Frank, I just wanted to know if you wanted to skip class with me.”

“Well, Gerard, I’m not really interested in hanging out with you.” He turned towards the door to leave but I held him back, I guess I should try something else to get him to come with me.

“Well I just wanted to know what you are Frank.” I asked innocently, seeing if I would get a reaction. I did.

"What I am? I’m human dumbass.” He shot back.

“Not what the demon in room 25 said.” I replied. Frank stiffened and he looked like he was thinking hard about something, but his face was as white as a sheet. He finally nodded and said.

“Fine, I’ll come with you, but I’m not saying anything about anything until we get to somewhere I’m more comfortable and a place that doesn’t have the potential for a demon to be listening. Okay?”

I nodded my head quickly and waited for him to take the lead to wherever we were going. Upon seeing that I wasn’t going to say anything, Frank sighed and walked out of the bathroom with me hot on his heels.

Frank walked until we got to the park, and he kept walking until we got to the place Ray and I went too yesterday to skip school. Must be a popular spot.

“Alright, I know you have questions, so go ahead. But I might not answer all of them.” Frank started. I was surprised; I thought I would have to drag answers out of him.

“Ok why did you not like it when I called you Frankie?” I asked. He hesitated and I started worrying that I started with the wrong question but he finally answered.

“Someone I was close to used to call me that, but I don’t know him anymore.” He tensed up and I wondered who it was but I knew the topic was finished.

I braced myself for his reaction to my next question.

“What are you?” I asked.

“What are you?" He countered.

“I’m a hunter. Your turn.” I said.

“I’m something you didn’t know existed.” He responded. That wasn’t good enough. I had to know.

“Is that why Korse wants you?” Frank suddenly turned and tackled me. I looked into his eyes and tried to stay cool when I saw the rage that was barely contained. He was obviously something not to mess
with.

“How do you know who Korse is? Do you work for him? I thought I was safe here!” He yelled then quickly shoved me away. I put my hands up palms towards him in a gesture of peace.

“I don’t know who he is.” I said, trying to calm him down, “Mikey and I tortured a demon and she was working for him.” He seemed to calm down a little but still looked suspicious. There goes almost all of the trust I built up. Frank surprised me when he sat down and told me to continue with any questions I might still have. He looked really tired.

“Well, the only thing I really need to know right now is what you are.” I said. He sighed then seemed to make his mind up.

“I’m Amnesia.” He said like I should know all about it.

“What the hell does that mean?” I asked.

He sighed and motioned for me to sit down next to him so I did.

“You know how when people hit their head really hard on something or get in an accident and go into a coma and all of their memories are just gone? Or even if you walk into a room and forget what you were going to do?” He asked. I nodded. “Well I’m the person that controls that. I get to decide when and how people lose their memories. I also get to decide when, or if, they get their memories back. Usually if they’ve been in a really horrific accident, I’ll keep their memories unless there’s something significant they need to know about the accident. I also decide the trigger, if there is one.”

I sat in shock. So he had complete control over everyone’s memories in the world.

“You said keep?” I questioned.

“Yeah, their memories get transferred into my brain, I guess. I’ve never really know how it works, never had anyone to ask. But I can usually keep my memories and the memories from other people separate.”

It was slowly making more sense to me, but was still so confusing.

“So can you take someone’s memories even if they haven’t been through something traumatic?” I asked.

“Yes, I can, and I can also replace the old memories with new ones so that they don’t have a gaping hole in their memories for no apparent reason. Depending on what the situation needs, I can set a trigger for that too.” He said. He sounded a bit… guilty? I thought about it for a minute while he slowly shrank away from me. Then it clicked.

“FRANK DID YOU TAKE MY FUCKING MEMORIES? WHAT THE FUCK WAS I DOING DOWN ON THAT FUCKING STREET IN THE COLD??” I yelled. He seemed to shrink more and I felt a little bad but was still furious.

“Yes, but I had good reason!” he was quick to defend himself.

“Yeah well what is that reason?” I asked.

“I… I can’t tell you.” He said. He was tearing up so I decided to lay off for a while so he wouldn’t burst into hysterics. I patted him on the back and he suddenly shot up.

“I have to go!” He said and left with no explanation. I watched him go wondering what he was still hiding from me, and if he was going to take away my memories or not. I sighed and walked back to the impala to go get Mikey, maybe he’s heard of Amnesia before.

Frank POV
I was undecided on whether I should erase Gerard’s memories or not, but I guessed he had already told Mikey or had been smart enough to write it down, he is a hunter. So I decided to let him keep them.

I missed him so much, but it’s like he’s a whole different person. A person that I don’t know.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is! I was home sick today so I figured i could get another chapter up!

Also did any of you get ios 7 today? i did and its really weird??