Status: discontinued, being re-written with original characters, might continue it later maybe

Remember Me

Chapter 7

Gerard POV

I jolted awake and strait up in bed. What was that? That was majorly different from any other dream I've ever had! And what was with Frank looking all battered and bruised? Had I ever seen him like that? He did say that Mikey and I had never even known about Korse, so did he get in a fight alongside us? I only remember one really bad fight, that was so long ago...

I crept towards the wooden doors, trying to be as quiet as possible so the vampires wouldn't hear me with their super-hearing. I pushed my back against the side of the broken down, rotting barn motioning to Mikey, and someone else, to stay close. I could tell they were trying to be as quiet as possible but I could still hear them, so I'm betting the vamps could too.

I made the split second decision to throw the door open, exposing the vampires inside to the bright sunlight, we had chosen today for a reason. I peered inside but couldn't make out any shapes or movements because of the bright sunlight behind me. I held up my poison-covered stake and turned my head halfway to the right so I could make sure Mikey and whoever else that was with us were following me closely. I turned my head back so I was looking strait ahead again slowly took careful steps through the door, making sure to stay in the bounds of the sunlight.

I got to the edge of the light and stopped. I couldn't go any further unless I knew what waited for me in the shadows. My eyes had been slowly adjusting so I could barely make out human shapes in the darkness. By the look of it, there were tons of vampires. But being. The big-headed person I was, I decided it was worth it to plunge into the darkness and start staking. My surroundings faded away as I got into the zone, turning and plunging stakes into the hearts of vampires. All I could hear were the screams of the undead and my own blood pounding in my ear, until I heard a familiar scream. I snapped out of my zone and turned around to see the person that had tagged along with Mikey and I get knocked to the ground by a vampire. Just before the vampire could bite into the unknown person's throat, I staked it from behind and tossed it's body aside. The person's head was down so I couldn't see his face, but I pulled him up anyways and dodged a vampire that lunged at me before staking it in the heart. I turned around to see Mikey about to be overpowered by a vampire, with scratches running up and down his arms. I ran over, still tugging the unknown person behind me, and briefly let go of him to stake the vampire on Mikey and grab his arm. I turned around to get ahold of the person's arm but he wasn't where I left him and I saw him getting pulled deeper into the barn by a vampire. I pushed Mikey toward the doors and spun around, narrowly missing the jaws of a vamp.

I staked the last two vampires in the front room and slowly stepped to the door at the back of the barn. The door the unknown person was pulled through. My hand reached at the handle and when the tips of my fingers just grazed the door handle, the door flew open and knocked me onto the floor. All of the sudden the empty air in front of my face was replaced with the sneering face of the vampire. I brought my hand up toward his chest but then realized that when I had flown backwards because of the force of the flying door, my stake had been knocked out of my hands. Thinking quickly, I reached into an inside pocket in my jacket and pulled out a silver knife, usually used for werewolves but it would work for now. I brought the knife up into the vamp's stomach and it recoiled enough for me to slip out from under it, grab my stake, and shove it through the vamp's back.

Once I was sure the vampire was dead, I ran into the room he was dragged into and saw him tied to a chair. I ran over and untied him as quick as a could and looked into hazel eyes I knew so well. Frank's eyes. He was battered, beaten, and bloody and looked on the verge of passing out.

"Frank? Frankie? Are you ok?" I asked. Tears were coursing down his face and I was getting more and more worried. I grabbed ahold of him and sat on the ground with him in my lap until he calmed down enough to talk.

“You weren’t there Gerard,” He sobbed into my neck. “I needed you, but you weren’t there!”

I emerged from my memories, shaking slightly still sat in my bed. I felt something wet on my cheeks and realized I had been crying. I looked at the time, and was shocked at how late I slept before I realized it was Saturday, and I had to talk to Frankie.

I got out of bed and pulled on yesterday's skinny jeans. I ran out into the kitchen before stopping short and realizing I had absolutely no idea how to contact Frank. I didn't have a phone number, or an address. I sighed and sat down at the old wooden table and dropped my head onto my hands. I figured my day could be at least a tiny bit better with a cup of coffee. Or four. So I hefted myself out of my seat and sauntered to the coffee machine. While the coffee was brewing, I looked out of the window that was installed above the sink. I looked down the street and saw someone dressed in all black walking down the street. Could that be Frank? It was worth a shot.

I barely cast a though to the subject of Mikey and where he could be before I threw open the front door to the apartment and barrelled down the stairs. I made it down into the street and where I had seen Frank, there was no one. I walked down the street to the exact spot I had seen the person, who I was now severely doubting was a Frank. I peered around corners of buildings and looked everywhere someone could have gone out of my eyesight, but saw no one so I decided to go back upstairs. When I walked into the apartment I called out for Mikey but got no answer. I shrugged, figuring he was still asleep and walked back to the coffee machine to pour the delicious drink.

After I finished my coffee and read one of my comics, Mikey still wasn't awake so I got up and knocked on his door. When there was no answer, I opened his door and peered inside his room but his bed didn't even look slept in. I was getting worried and slightly panicked when I saw a note on the bar separating the kitchen and the living room.

Hey Gerard, it's five, and you're still not back yet. Thanks for the ride home by the way.

Jerk.

Anyways, I figured you would come home soon seeing as it's like 5 and school ended 2 hours ago. And I really want to go for a walk so here's a note, I'll probably be home around 7.

-Mikey


Why the fuck was Mikey not home yet at one pm?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I realize I could have taken this further. But in my defence if I put everything in one chapter it would have taken me too long to write.... Sorry?

Comment Rec & Subscribe?