Status: Completed

Lies

What?

I have always been this little girl who never grew an inch the moment she reached 5-feet. You see, no one ever really noticed me. Everyone pretty much hates me. 98% of the people I know think I'm a freak for liking bands too much. I've got no problem with that. I'm happy with who I am right now. I never really cared about what people think of me. You might think that I'm so full of myself but that's not true. All I ever did was help people meet their favorite bands the same way I make an effort to meet my favorite bands. This fandom isn't about selfishness. It's actually all about selflessness and helping people fulfill their dreams. It's sad that some people don't see it that way. 

I am Grace Frost. I may remind you of Jack Frost from that movie called Rise of the Guardians. Sorry to say, but we aren't related in any way. He's fictional and I live in the real world. This is reality we are talking about, my friends! Anyway, I am 21 and I am really short. I hate how short I am but I'm still thankful that I'm healthy. I would have a lot of perks if I had cancer, but not having cancer is already a perk itself. I have lived in California all my life and I grew up in a loving family. I hope that didn't make me sound like a freak. I'd like to think that I don't have problems with my family but I do have problems so screw what I just said. Okay, that's enough about me. I think I have already made the impression of a very conceited human being. Oh! One last thing you should know about me is that I'm a college dropout. I don't really want to be a lawyer. I've got my own goals and dreams in life. 

I am on my way to becoming an official photographer. I know it's not much, but I like it. I have an assignment today at this event called 8123 Tour. I've heard of the bands but I never actually listened to them. I made my way to the venue and brought with me most of my tools. I parked my car at the backstage parking and went inside. I wore my photographer pass, of course. They wouldn't let me in if I didn't. I walked around the venue and took pictures of the empty place. Brighten, I think, was doing a soundcheck. I took a few shots when someone, I don't know who, approached me. 
“Grace Frost, right?” a guy who was reaaaally tall and lanky said. 
I nodded and said, “Yes. You are?” 
“You don't know me?” he asked, puzzled. 
I shook my head and this made his jaw drop. “I wouldn't ask you if I did.”
“Okay, then,” he said as he stretched out his right arm. “I am John O'Callaghan and I sing for The Maine.”
“I wouldn't bother to know your name but I'm Grace Frost. Nice meeting you, John,” I said and shook his hand. 
“You don't seem to like me, do you?” John said. 
“It's good that you know not everyone likes you,” I smirked. 
“I would love to stay and chat, but I have to go. I hope you won't be this bitchy the next time we meet,” he said. 
“You'll still seem like a douche to me,” I said then walked away. 

I walked around relentlessly while taking photos. An hour has passed and the event hasn't even started yet. I was getting impatient and I am not even kidding. You don't want to see me mad. Not even in a bad mood! 

It was after thirty minutes when Tim Kirch, the manager, approached me and told me to follow him backstage. I did and he lead me to a room with a flat screen TV, and a couch with five boys sitting on it. One of them was the lanky guy, John, that I met earlier. I rolled my eyes but went inside anyway. 

They played a different movie—well, I thought it was a movie—when I walked in. It showed the face of a nineteen-year-old girl, playing tag with a tall guy in an open field. They were really sweet. It looked familiar but i didn't know exactly who it is. Then it hit me. I am the girl in the video. John is the guy. 

What?
When?
How?
Why, even? 

I don't understand. I am now 21, meaning this happened two years ago. My head aches. Now is the time to ask questions. I am expecting clear answers. 

"What's this?" I asked aggressively. 
"So it's all true," John said with his head bowed down.
"What the hell, John? You're gonna believe her that easily?" the guy with long hair said. 
John nodded and said, "You know what, Pat? You don't know Grace. She doesn't like pretending. Why shouldn't I believe her? I'm so sick of believing that she's just pretending when I know that she isn't." 
So the guy with long hair, Pat I think, sat down and let out a sigh. I was pale. I didn't know what to say but I have questions and I need answers. 
"Tell me. Whats this all about?" I asked with my eyes closed. 
"We were supposed to get married last year. I proposed when we were still 19. On the night I proposed, you got in a car accident," he paused. "You had a bad case of amnesia but you could still remember your parents. You couldn't remember me. I thought you faked it because you didn't want to marry me. But now I know. You've forgotten about me and all the love we used to have is lost." 
I was in tears. What is this all about? I dont understand anything anymore. 
"What the fuck do you mean? You're lying to me. My parents wouldn't lie to me about my disabilities," I shouted. 
"I'm sorry but they did. I love you, Grace. I still do. Give me another chance, please?" he begged. 
"I—," I cried. "I don't know you." 
John got up from his seat and kneeled in front of me. He took my right hand so I used my left hand to wipe my tears. 
"Please?" 

To be continued...maybe. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's the one-shot I made! I'm still thinking if I should make a chapter story for this one-shot. Tell me what you think through the comments :)