Status: Updating At Least Once a Week- Mostly Weekends

Here Comes the Sun

o2

The cold water lapped up against my board, making it rock slightly. The roaring sound of the waves crashing filled my ears and seagulls cried above. The fog concealed me in my own world.

I was laying on my back with my arms stretched out on either side of me. Everything was peaceful. Just me, my thoughts, and the ocean.

I sighed and flipped over onto my stomach, watching the waves. They curled up with so much beauty and power, then let themselves crash down, becoming just sea foam on the sandy shore.

Perfect conditions.

The waves were about as tall as me, breaking pretty far out. I paddled forward into one and popped up onto my feet as it pushed me forward. The feeling was pure exhilaration, and I felt like yelling with happiness.

Everything melted away.

But just as the wave became smaller and smaller and I hit the sand, everything came crashing back. Mom. What were we going to do?

I guess good things never last. I sighed and picked up my board. I saw a figure rushing through the fog towards me, callng my name.

"Alana? Alana is that you? Are you here?" The figure called, getting closer. Then they stopped.

"Uh, yeah, it's me. Who's talking? I can't see you, come closer." I said.

And they did.

It was Sara, my surfing buddy since elementary school. We always went together, and were best friends. I had texted her before about our problem, and I guess she knew I would be down here.

Sometimes it scared me how well she knew me.

"Sara! How the heck did you know I'd be here?" I hugged her, happy to see her smiling face again.

"Oh, you know. I'm a mind reader." She shrugged and gave me that crazy smile again. Her bright red hair plus the smile made her look close to insane. I laughed.

"Hey, you don't have your wetsuit on! Or your board! What gives, Sar?" I punched her lightly. She frowned and mumbled something.

"What was that?" I leaned in closer.

"Katie hid them again, kay? It's not my fault I have a problematic younger sister." Sara crossed her arms and pouted. I couldn't hold back a laugh and she glared.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her with me up the stairs by the beach. There was a nice cafe at the top where we could talk. Plus, she looked cold out here with only shorts and a t-shirt on.

At the top of the stairs, I pulled down the top of my wetsuit, showing off my awesome new bikini top, and yanked a sweatshirt over my head. Then I shuffled into my sandy flip-flops and slid my board on top of my Mom's old van. Next, off to the Surf Cafe.

-
We both ordered a scone and a mocha, sitting at one of the tables and talking about stupid things. Godzilla, monkeys, losing clothes in the dryer, old barbie dolls, mermaids, computers, until we were both slurping the remains out of our cups and brushing crumbs off of our laps. Then Sara said something that made me perk up.

"Hey, I know a place where you and your mom could stay if you can't find anywhere else."

"Oh really? Small rent?" I asked, skeptically.

Sara looked offended. "Ahem. No rent. My aunt has a place in Hawaii. Cool beachside house. We used to go stay there all the time. She is a really awesome lady who never got married- she'd love the company. Of course we'd have to ask, but I'm pretty sure she would say yes in a heartbeat." Sara tapped her fingers on the wooden table.

"Of course, that's only if you would be willing to leave me and all of your friends to move to Hawaii..."

I stared at her with my mouth hanging open. Hawaii? YES. I WANT! I flung my cup in the trash can and pulled Sara out of her seat, hugging her. I would give up everything I had to move to Hawaii. And now I had a chance to do so. I wanted to scream.

I took down Sara's aunt's number, thanking her once again and rushing home. Mom would say yes. Mom had to say yes. Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it so far! Any suggestions? Please comment!!!! <3