Status: Updating At Least Once a Week- Mostly Weekends

Here Comes the Sun

o7

It was hot. And it was humid.

I could feel my face turning red as I adjusted to the change. I fanned myself with the hand not carrying my luggage, but it didn't help much. A pretty girl with long black hair and tan skin came up, grinning, and placed a lei around my neck.

"Aloha! Welcome!" She said enthusiastically. The flowers were cool against my skin and very pretty. I didn't have time to thank her before she moved on to the next person.

Mom was already across the room. She caught my eye and motioned me over. I hurried towards her, seeing the urgent look she gave me.

When I finally got to her, she handed me her bags.

"Thank goodness, Alana. I could never carry these huge things myself." She wiped her hands on her shorts. I grimaced, looking down at my jeans and baggy sweatshirt, wishing I had dressed for the beach like she had. It was like a sauna in here.

Just then a stout, plump lady with a kind face and mousy brown hair in a ponytail rushed over, fanning herself.

"Hello!" Her voice was shrill but very kind. "I'm looking for a Genevieve and Alana Ellis? Would you happen to know where they might be?"

My mother beamed and cried,

"Why, that's us! And you must be Vivian?" The woman nodded enthusiastically. She gave my Mom and I bone-crushing hugs.

"Please, call me Aunt Vee. And my goodness! You mustn't carry all that by yourself, dear. Oh, let me have those." She took the all of my luggage and carried it with ease to a pickup truck waiting for us. I thanked her and hopped into the car. It was small- only three seats- and Aunt Vee squished Mom and I. But it was a cheerful ride home. Aunt Vee and I hit it off right away. We were talking the whole way home.

~

We rolled into a gravel driveway. It was lined with palm trees, fruit trees, flowers, and things that looked like mixes of the three. It was gorgeous. At the end of the driveway was a deep brown, two story, beach side house. It was very modern looking but suitable for the beach, with many large windows and an outside shower.

I got out of the car, stunned and gaping. The house was beautiful... More than I could wish for. The garage had a whole wall with built in surfboard racks. I walked in the front door to find that the living room had a huge window - the size of a wall - facing the ocean. The chairs were white and had navy blue pillows. It looked so comfortable. The kitchen had a bar table and gorgeous counter tops made of polished stone. Most everything was wood and beach themed. I couldn't stop staring.

Aunt Vee laughed at my reaction. She guided me up the stairs and to the second room on the right in a hallway. The door was closed. I looked at her questioningly.

"Go ahead. Open it! It was a guestroom, but Sara kind of transformed it to fit her desires. She said she'd be happy to let you stay here!" Aunt Vee beamed at me and made her way back down the stairs. I blinked and opened the light wooden door, heaving my suitcase in to the room with me.

It was amazing, like the rest of the house. A couple of vintage surfing posters dotted the walls. The queen sized bed stood up against the right wall, facing a huge TV on the opposite wall. The floor was shiny, polished wood and had a round, turquoise rug in the middle. A white couch and a glass coffee table (magazines and all!) stood on the opposite side of the room. Like in the living room, a huge window took up my wall, showing off the large ocean.

I walked across the floor to two doors on one side of the room. One opened up to a bathroom (my own!), and one to a walk in closet. I threw my suitcase in there and flopped onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

I could get used to this. Yes, I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! School explains a lot. My updating will get slower, but I will try to post at least one chapter per week! Especially weekends. Thanks for all your support! ♥♥♥