Status: Not done, but I want feedback because I don't know if I should finish it!

Red

A chance encounter

I needed something and I didn't have it. My body was craving it. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but I know it started the day I met her.
It was just after Spring, yet just before Summer. We were teetering on the cusp of 'get these bugs out of my face' and 'It's so hot I could fry eggs on the sidewalk'. We met in a nightclub. I was still under the legal drinking age so I covered my flask in my leather jacket. No one was going to care if I had my own drink. The DJ started spinning a remix of 'Clarity' by Zedd. I was leaning against a wall when I watched her pass by me. It was dark in the room, but her piercing brown eyes held my gaze. She winked at me seductively, and began dancing with whom I assumed to be her friend. I watched her hips roll to the music, her hands sliding up and down her body, and entangling themselves in her hair. She twisted herself faster to match the beat, her brown curls falling over her sweet face. I twisted the cap off of my drink and took a swig. My body was pulsing at the thought of her next to me. This mysterious stranger had caught my attention, and wasn't letting go. I put my flask back in my jacket pocket and took a step to the dance floor. Half naked bodies rubbed up against me, sweaty, smelly male bodies. I pushed them off and continued to her. Her eyes glazed over in excitement as she saw me walk to her. I reached her finally, and her friend stepped away. I presumed he was going to get drinks.
As the DJ changed songs, I introduced myself, hoping she could hear me over the crowd of
people and the noise.
"My name is Dawn." I said, my lips barely scraping her ear. She nodded and leaned in to me.
"They call me Red." Her tongue slid over my earlobe. The blood rushed to my cheeks. Her hands found my waist and she pulled me into her. She began to grind on me, the heat in my crotch rising. This girl was not wasting any time. Her friend returned, a serious look on his face. He handed Red a drink, and then handed one to me. I accepted it graciously. She turned to face me, grabbing on to my jacket collar. She placed herself just right, so that her crotch rubbed against my leg. I matched her rhythm, and watched the sighs escape her full lips.
I finished my drink and her friend took it from me. As the song slowed to a stop,
she whispered something in my ear and took my hand. Her hands were warm and soft, they were like velvet almost. She took me to the back alley. Steam was rising from the manholes in the ground, the garbage was far enough away to not be smelled. She pushed me against the wall and kissed me. Her lips had a tangy flavor to them. Not citrus, not something sour. I couldn't put my finger on it. My head started to spin. I wasn't sure if it was from her kiss, or because I consumed way too much alcohol. As I slipped into an unconscious state, I felt her lips on my neck, and a very weak bite.
The next morning, I awoke in my apartment. There was a defrosted bag of peas on my
forehead, and I was laying on my couch. I couldn't remember anything after Red taking me to the alley. Had she drugged me? No, she wouldn't have been able to get me home. Her friend was pretty strong and tall though. I didn't want to believe that though, so I placed the peas on the counter and stripped. My body was sore, and for some reason I was bruised. I must have had a tough night. I started the shower and got in when there was steam rising. I only like hot showers. I washed my body and cleaned my piercings. My hair was knotted and messy, so I spent an extra ten minutes deep conditioning it. No matter how short I kept it, it still got messy. As I stepped out of the shower, a piercing pain jumped up my right arm. It was terrible, and went straight to my neck. It hurt like hell, but when I looked in the mirror, there was no physical sign of damage. I must have just sprung a muscle. I checked my pockets before putting my clothes in the washer, and found a business card.

'' Alex 'Red' Clearwater
Herbal Psychiatrist
1300 N. riverside drive"

I guess she slipped it into my jacket when we were dancing. Herbal psychiatrist? What kind of medical field was that? There was no number on the card, so I placed it on my nightstand and got ready for work. I had never been happier that my hours were so flexible.
I went the rest of the day as normal, until the sun set. As I watched the big fiery ball set in the sky, I got overwhelmingly hungry. I went to the bar down the street and ordered a hamburger. It satisfied my appetite quite well, and I went home.
That night I was plagued by terrible dreams. It was something along the lines of an ancient castle in the 1300s. A woman was murdering innocent children, and her daughter was witnessing the whole thing. She ended up killing her mother after the mother had killed her one true love's daughter. The one true love was a woman though. I was dreaming about lesbians in the 1300s. I must have been gay in the previous life too!
That morning I woke up and went for a jog. 1300 N Riverside Dr. wasn't too far from
where I was, so I stopped by to see if Red was there. As I walked up, I noted that the building almost looked like a mansion. It was made of brick and had at least three stories. I felt way too under-dressed for the place, but went inside anyway. A receptionist greeted me with a half smile, and a wave of her hand. I sat in the plastic chairs and waited for her to finish her phone call. When she was done, she called me up and asked me to state my business.
"I'm here to see Red." She scowled.
"Ah you mean Ms. Clearwater, yes. Do you have an appointment?" I fumbled over my words
"No, but-""I'm sorry, no appointment, no entry have a ni-" as she was about to finish her statement, Red walked in the door. She was wearing a bright red low cut mini dress with black lace underneath. Her lips were painted a bright red as well. My mouth dropped at the site of her.
"She's with me, let her up."
The receptionist nodded and gave me a guest past to get through security. They eyed me in my short running shorts and my tanktop that barely concealed my stomach. I turned the hall to see the back of Red's dress. Her ass was fantastic, and I could not stop staring. As if she felt my eyes on her, she turned around and smiled at me. She beckoned me into her office.
"How are you Dawn?" She asked me, seductively placing her legs on the desk in front of her.
"I'm, I'm doing just fine. How are you?" I choked on my words. She was relishing the fact I was nervous.
"I've never been better. Tell me, why are you here?" I could feel the beads of sweat forming on my brow.
"Well, I had some un-answered questions about the other night, when we met." She giggled and stood up. She sauntered over to me and sat me down in the leather chair that was adjacent to me. She ran a finger up and down my chest, just over my heart.
"There are no un-answered questions, silly girl."
She leaned in and kissed me. That tangy flavor was there again. I could hear my heart beating almost out of my chest. My temperature was rising quickly. Her tongue slid over mine, and she tasted oh so sweet. Her lipstick smudged over my lips, and her hands pulled my head to her chest. Her skin was soft and hot. Very hot. Inhumanely hot. I couldn't make out the difference of my heartbeat and hers. We were in sync. I pulled away from her, sweat already forming at my brow. I fixed my clothes and stood up, adjusting myself.
"I've got to go." I mumbled, practically running out. I heard her say one last thing before I left.
"See me real soon, okay?" But when I looked back, she was no where to be seen.
I jogged out of the building and down the street. My mind was clouded with fog as the streets were. I ran around the park and went home. I was starving.
I unlocked my door and went straight to the refrigerator. I looked in the cabinets and the drawers and there was no meat anywhere. I was craving a nice steak.
I went back down stairs to the bar and ordered a medium rare steak. When they brought it out to me though, I started choking on the smell. It was terrible, like someone burned the cow alive. I shoved it away and swallowed my water quickly. The patrons and waiters looked at me like I was crazy. I shied away and slipped out when nearly no one was looking. I went to the store and bought a package of hamburger meat. I got back to my apartment and turned the stove on. I pulled the pan out and turned the radio on. I started singing and dancing as I formed the patties. Without a second thought, I pulled a chunk out and popped it in my mouth. I stopped chewing for a second once I realized what I had done. I spit it out and looked at the raw meat. It didn't taste that bad…I told myself I was crazy. That was raw meat, bloody, fresh, raw meat. It did smell fantastic. It even looked good too. I picked up the chunk I spit out and closed my eyes, and popped it in my mouth. I chewed and found myself thoroughly satisfied. That's it, I had officially gone crazy. I pulled another chunk and then another, until the white styrofoam container was empty.
My head started spinning, and I sat down. I was unaware someone had opened my door until they were settling my head in their lap. I fell asleep comfortably, dreaming of a piece of land wide enough to cover the whole earth. The girl from my dream was there again, both girls. But I was the girl who lost her daughter. The first girl was walking towards me. She had brown hair but her eyes were translucent. As she got closer, I noticed her fangs, she had fangs like the vampires on TV. She attacked me, pinning me down and biting me. I awoke frightened, jumping from my peaceful slumber. I was on the kitchen floor. Linoleum floor beneath me, with a warm sticky fluid in my hair. Blood. I fell and hit my head.
"Don't worry, you're going to be fine." I jumped again, that voice was familiar, but I couldn't see where it was coming from.
"Don't be frightened. I'm not going to hurt you." I stood up slowly, rubbing the sticky spot on my head.
"You're not gonna hurt me, huh? Is that why you're hiding from me?" She laughed. I knew that laugh. I had heard it once and would never forget it.
"Red. Where are you?" I sat in the chair as I began to feel dizzy again. A hand landed on my shoulder slowly. Then a pair of lips kissed my neck. My eyes closed.
"How'd you get in here?" I asked, distracted by the heat rising in me.
"You let me in." I opened my eyes.
"No, I was eating-uh, making hamburgers, and I passed out and I felt you lay me down. You got in somehow."
She bit down on my neck, hard. I moaned and wiggled under her. I put my hand down on my neck once her mouth left me. I felt something warm. I figured it was saliva, until I looked down and saw blood. I jumped up, pushing her off of me.
"What the hell?!" I kept my hand there, hoping she hadn't penetrated too far to do any real damage. A sudden urge rushed over me. I looked at Red, and she smiled. That sexy, daring smile that drew me in the first time. I pinned her to the refrigerator door, kissing her passionately. Now I placed the tangy taste, it was blood.
I felt good in that moment, strong. I kept her pinned with an arm as I ripped her dress. I hope she didn't want it anymore. I looked up and saw in her eyes something crazy. They were translucent, just like the girl in my dream. I tore her bra off and placed my mouth over her exposed breasts. She moaned and shoved my face further into her chest. She tasted as good as she felt. Her skin was always so hot, like she constantly had a fever. My tongue rolled over her hardening nipples, sucking lightly as I went. She moaned, her hand tangled in my hair. The feeling was exhilarating. As my hand traveled up her thigh, she pulled my head back and away from her chest. She looked me in the eyes and slowly guided me to her neck. My mouth fell on her softly, my lips grazing. I bit her lightly, as I had done with other partners in the past. As soon as I withdrew, I tasted it. I looked down and two small trails of blood were pouring from her neck. My eyes widened and I froze. She sensed the stiffness in my body and took my hand.
"It's okay. That's what I wanted you to do." She pulled me in by the back of my neck again, right back on the bloody spot.
"Taste it, I want it in your mouth." She whispered. I licked the blood up in one swift movement. I heard her giggle and a raging heat tore through me. My mouth instinctively latched on, and I started to suck. The blood tasted so good, it was warm and sweet. It gave me a euphoric sensation, it was better than any high I had ever been on. She slowly pushed me off, so she didn't appear to be rude.
"It tastes good, doesn't it?" She asked. I simply whimpered. Things were getting dark again, I could feel the world crumbling beneath me. Suddenly, total darkness.
I don't know how long I was asleep for, but when I woke up I was in my bed. There was a body next to me. Red was still, her chest moving up and down slowly and a faint snoring sound escaping her mouth. I examined her closely. I wasn't sure if this was a dream or not. She turned over then, fully awake.
"Morning sleepy head!" The suddenness of her words scared me and I screamed. She giggled at me and tore the covers off of her. She was in a black and red lace thong and bra, bruises covering her body.
"Holy fucking shit what happened to you?" I scanned over her body, my eyes wide with fear. She just laughed again and smiled.
"You happened, you don't remember though. That's normal. You'll blackout the first few times you do this. After a while you'll be a pro. I'll make sure of it." I stared at her incredulously.
"I-I did this to you?" My hand traced over her more serious bruises."This is nothing sweetheart. I can't wait to get you back to where we were 720 years ago. We used to have some serious knock-out, drag out fights. And not to mention, the best sex." She laughed and her head tipped back. Her teeth were so straight and so white, and so sharp. Her K9 teeth protruded abnormally far. My head started going foggy, but everything started making sense. The dreams I had been having, the blackouts and crave for blood, the intense attraction to her.
"The dreams aren't dreams are they? They're-they're memories."