Status: Complete

I Can Feel You in My Bones

Ten

TJ and I are standing either side of the kitchen counter. With the initial shock of him showing up having worn off, it’s nice to see him again.

“I didn’t think you’d ever come here,” I confess, as he places his open can of soda on the counter in front of him.

TJ in Trevor’s apartment seems almost ridiculous.

“Why not? Do you really think that little of me as a friend?” he says less than seriously, with a small smile. I can’t help but to smile back at him. “But really, I’ve had some time to think,” he continues changing to be more serious tone. “I think I owe you an apology, I kinda treated you like shit. I’m sorry, Ivy.”

“It’s fine. I was probably asking for it anyway, it’s my fault too,” I mumble.

“No,” states TJ firmly. “No. You didn’t do anything. It was fucked up of me to try and just use you like that,” he seems to be genuinely apologizing.

I drop my eyes so that I don’t have to look at him. “It’s fine. I forgive you.”

“Really, ‘cause I probably don’t deserve it?” he says softly.

“Really, it’s behind us. We’re fine,” I say, nodding and looking up to offer him a small smile.

TJ smiles back at me and my chest swells up. I try to ignore it but he’s just so damn cute.

I really need to get this under control.

“What have you been up to?” TJ asks, I assume in an effort to start an actual conversation.

I shrug and move around the counter that is between us, to be closer to him. “I mostly just hang out here. Been doing some job hunting lately,” I say, leaning against the counter and looking up at TJ. “What about you?”

“You know, taken a little time off. We’re back on the road in a couple of weeks. It’s been nice to relax for a bit.” There is brief pause. “You were the best part of the last tour,” he mumbles quietly.

I look up at him. “What?” I must be misunderstanding him.

TJ shrugs. “It was nice having you around.”

I do my best to repress the blush that must be forming on my cheeks. I stand staring up at TJ for a few seconds longer than is normally acceptable while I work on thinking of the best way to respond to that.

Before I have a chance to come up with anything TJ closes the distance between us, his hand sliding to the small of my back and pulling me in towards him.

He kisses me.