Status: Enjoy!

Stripping it all away

Chapter Four

"It's really not that bad" Richi said, feeling the scratch on her neck. Michael hadn't done any serious damage this time. The knife had left a small cut, but nothing too serious.
"That's it. We're going to the police" A-Rad said, furious. The girls were back at their apartment, sitting on the bathroom counter.
"And do what? Get a restraining order, which is just a little piece of paper? What do we do if he comes around? Throw it at him?" Richi said, sarcastically.
"You're right.. But the police would at least know he's around and to keep an eye out for him" A-Rad said, sliding off the counter. She laid down in the bed and got on her phone.
"What are you doing?" Richi asked, joining her.
"Gage texted me!" A-Rad said, smiling.
"Oh, what did he say?" Richi asked.
"He just said 'hey.' I wonder why he's awake."
"Maybe he's too busy thinking about you to get any sleep" Richi said, giggling, and nudging A-Rad.
"Ha Ha. So funny" A-Rad said with a straight face.
The girls had known Gage since third grade. They had grown up together. Gage went to their college, and him and Daniel were best friends. A-Rad had a little crush on him. Or well, a big one.
"You know he doesn't like me" she said.
"Oh, shut up! He totally digs you. I can tell. You guys talk in class all the time" Richi said.
"Yeah, as friends. I mean, if he wanted to have my babies or something, I'd be down" A-Rad said, smiling. Richi laughed.
"Let's get some sleep, kiddo."
"Okay, good night, Rich."
"Good night, A."

The girls didn't have college the next day, so they got to sleep in.
"Good morning, loser" Richi said, kissing A-Rad on the forehead.
"Morning, slut" A-Rad said, sleepily. She looked at Richi, and saw that she had her phone.
"What are you doing with my phone?"
"Well, I woke up about five minutes ago, and saw that Gage had texted you. I got curious, sorry. Good news! He wants to hang out, today!" Richi said, excited.
"With me?" A-Rad asked.
"No, with Hilary Clinton. Yes you!"
A-Rad took her phone from Richi and read the texts.
Hey, A-Rad. I was wondering if you wanted to go to the fair today. It's in town, and I just got my pay check, so, let me know!
"He wants to take you to the fair!" Richi said, a huge smile on her face.
"So he does. Should I go?" A-Rad asked.
"Are you stupid? Of course you should go!" Richi got up and opened the closet.
"Okay, so you're going to wear these black shorts with a white tank top!"
"Rich, I'm barely awake. I'm not thinking about clothes right now."
"Ugh, you're no fun! At least text him back and tell him you want to go!" Richi said, whining.
"Okay, fine. I will."
I'd love to go! What time?
A-Rad set her phone down and closed her eyes. About a minute later, her phone dinged.
In about an hour or so? Is that okay? I'll pick you up!
Yeah that's fine! See you then!
"He said in about an hour or so. I guess I should shower" A-Rad said, crawling out of bed.
"Okay, I'm going to run to the store. We're out of milk, and I want frosted flakes. Need anything?"
"No, I'm okay. Thanks though." A-Rad stepped in the bathroom and shut the door. Richi smiled, glad that Gage had finally asked her out on a date.
Richi locked the front door behind her, and went to the car. She drove to the 711 a few blocks away. Before she reached it, she saw a GameStop. She pulled into the parking lot and went in.
Richi and A-Rad loved video games. They had an Xbox in the apartment. Richi thought she'd check out a few games, to maybe get something new.
"Hello! Can I help you with anything?" a worker said.
"Oh, no thanks! Just looking!" Richi said, smiling. She walked over to the Xbox games section.
"Hey" Richi heard behind her. She turned around.
"Um, hello" she said. There was a short, skinny guy standing there.
"My name is Stewart. What's yours?"
"Oh, uh, my name is Richi" she said awkwardly.
"Can I help you with something?
"I just wanted to come say hi. Not many girls come around here. Especially not ones as beautiful as you" he said, taking her hand and kissing it.
"Um, thanks" Richi said, jerking her hand away. Stewart wasn't very cute.
"Well, it was nice meeting you!" she said, slightly turning away, hoping he'd get the message. He didn't.
"Come on cutie, give a guy chance!" he said, putting his arm around her.
"Dude, back off" Richi said, stepping away.
"Hey man, back the fuck off my girlfriend!" a voice said. Richi turned to face... Daniel?
"That's your boyfriend?" Stewart said, backing up.
"Uh, yes! This is Daniel! My-err- boyfriend!" Richi said. She took Daniel's hand and held it, to make it seem more realistic.
"You could do so much better" Stewart mumbled, then walked away. Richi let go of Daniel's hand.
"Thank you so much! You're a life saver!" Richi said to Daniel. He laughed.
"No problem! I saw him put his arm around you and heard you tell him to back off, so I thought I'd be of assistance" he said, smiling.
"Thanks again, Daniel. And hey, I'm sorry about the other day. I was rude to you, and I shouldn't have been" Richi said, looking down.
"Eh, don't worry about it. What are you doing here, if you don't mind me asking? I figured your Xbox days were over!"
"Are you kidding me? Xbox is life!" Richi said.
"I agree! I remember back in high school, you would rage at Halo 4 so much! It cracked me up. You always made me laugh" Daniel said, still smiling.
"Ha! I remember. Good times. What are you doing here?" Richi asked.
"I'm here to pick up Battlefield 8!" Daniel said.
"Lame!" Richi said, giggling and nudging him. Daniel gasped.
"Did you just call Battlefield lame?" he put a fake, shocked expression on his face. Richi laughed.
"No, I'm calling you lame!"
"That's even worse!" Daniel said, nudging her back.
"What are you doing after this?" he asked her.
"Well, I was going to get milk for my frosted flakes, but I got sidetracked by this store" Richi said.
"Well, would you want to go out to breakfast, then? Since you're out of milk and all" Daniel said, shyly.
"Yeah, sure! I could go for some pancakes!" Richi said.
"Cool! Let me pay for Battlefield, then we can go." Daniel walked up to the counter with Battlefield in his hands, and paid for it. Richi looked around a bit more until Daniel was done paying.
"You ready?" he asked.
"Yeah! Let's go." The two walked out. Richi got in her car, and Daniel got in his truck. She followed him to the closest breakfast joint.
"Just two?" the waitress asked.
"Yup!" Daniel said. The waitress smiled. That made Richi uncomfortable for some reason.
"What would you like to drink?" she asked, as Richi and Daniel sat down in a booth. The waitress directed the question towards Daniel, as if Richi didn't exist.
"Just water, thanks" Daniel said. He didn't look at her, but instead picked up his menu.
"Okay! You let me know if you need anything else, sugar" she said.
"Um, can I have chocolate milk please?" Richi asked, slightly irritated.
"Sure" the waitress said shortly. She wrote it down on her notepad and walked away.
"Somebody's thirsty" Richi said.
"What, I just ordered water. Is that okay?" Daniel asked, confused.
" I wasn't talking about you" Richi said.
"I was talking about our southern belle waitress. She totally digs you" she said.
"Is somebody jealous?" Daniel said, kicking her foot underneath the table, and smiling.
"No! Why would I be jealous? I just think she should keep her bad flirting to herself" Richi said, smiling back.
"I'm going to mess with her" Daniel said. The waitress came back with the drinks.
"Here you go, sweets! What would you like to eat, darlin'?" she asked, smacking her gum.
"Thanks doll. I'd like a Belgium waffle with hash browns" Daniel said, winking. The waitress blushed.
"What do you want?" she asked Richi, not looking at her.
"A few pancakes and a fried egg over medium. Thanks, hon." Richi said the last part in a southern accent, obviously mocking the waitress's accent. The waitress put on an extremely fake smile.
"You're so very welcome" she said. She walked away.
"Yeah, go back to the kitchen, bitch" Richi mumbled. Daniel laughed.
"I think you're jealous" he said again.
"I think you're insane" Richi said.
The two continued talking until the waitress came back with their food.
"My name is Missy by the way" she said to Daniel.
"Here's my card, if you ever, you know, need anything" she said, then walked away. Daniel looked at the card.
"What does it say?" Richi asked.
"It doesn't say anything. It's just a piece of paper with a scribbled phone number on it" he said. Richi laughed, then took it. She looked at it, then dropped it in the remainder of her milk.
"Woops" she said, smirking. Daniel laughed, then began eating his waffle. The two enjoyed their meal, talking the entire time.

"Are you doin' okay?" Missy said, still ignoring Richi.

"Yeah we're fine, thanks. Can we get the check please?" Richi said, still irritated with the country slut.

"Sure" the waitress said, avoiding eye contact with her. She walked away, then came back with the check.

"Thanks. Oh and um, there's something in my milk. I'd appreciate it if you would clean your glasses before you serve me a beverage" Richi said, smirking, then standing up. The waitress looked confused, then picked up Richi's glass. She pulled the slip of paper out, and read it. Before she could say anything, Richi had taken Daniel' hand and they were on their way out the door.