Princess Anna

Tossed

Against my every wish and against my every dream I was led to this dreary house and had to watch it be cleaned.

I directed every servant and agreed to every seem. Wedding gown to curtains, nothing could be touched without informing me.

A three day carriage ride through the cold to these mountains that I visited as an innocent child. When I was the softness of a snow flake, the sweetness of warm tea, and the hazy love of a sunrise.

But now after my treacherous family life I am the murderous edge of an icicle, the tight burn of a fire's flame and the cold despair of a night too dark.

And inside I shiver.

For I have been alone for too long and now I am being left with a stranger. A stranger I recall does not even believe in my belief, he does not even have the same background as me and if prompted he will speak almost endlessly.

But perhaps the child has grown up.

All this grandeur cannot have come from a man who cannot control his tongue. Although Father believes his best characteristic is his articulate speech and mannerisms. But Father has strange interests and motivations that I do not often understand, as he claims this is his redemption. Sending me here alone without familiars or hope is his pass for forgiveness.

Whether he claims to love me again or care for me I cannot see this as the result. These snow capped mountains do not scream of his love. They do not even whisper.

It is quiet here.

As I walk the halls I hear the servants whisper terrible secrets about me. They fear me, have been warned about a terrible temper and an iced demeanor. At first I believed another woman, a terrible queen was arriving, but it was I, the Princess of the Red River. Never had I done such terrible things as they implied. The turmoil inside me is the only indicator, but they cannot see it. No one has ever known of it.

No one will ever know of it. My struggles are my own. Inside my heart they are hidden.

It is quiet here.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Believe in yourself and you will be able to read the remainder of this tale.~