Status: This is now complete, but look out for the sequel coming soon. :)

Dark Blue

Dark Blue

Jack felt as though it was only him in this room, even though it was crowded, so crowded in fact, that he had to push his way out to the nearest door that led onto a balcony.

He took a moment to admire the view. It truly was spectacular, with the large garden being lit up. The fountain in the centre of the lawn was also lit up, casting its shadow over the flower bed in front of it.

He sighed, brushing his black hair out of his eyes with a hand. Why did his mother insist on him coming to this party if there wasn't anything interesting to do?

"Beautiful, isn't it?" A voice said.

Jack jumped and turned to face the person only to look at the most gorgeous person he'd seen all night.

The man standing in front of him had black skinny jeans and a white shirt on with a tie hanging loosely around his neck. His attire should have been out of place at a black tie function, but somehow, he made it work. His caramel brown hair was in his deep brown eyes, which were just begging for Jack to get lost in them.

Jack blinked, and realized he'd been staring at the man. He promptly blushed a deep red. He stuck out his left hand, saying, "I'm Jack."

"Alex." The man said, shaking his hand.

They stood in silence for a few minutes, just looking at the view, before Jack said, "Why are you out here?"

Alex's soothing voice washed over Jack's ears as he answered, "It was too crowded in there. I get it, turning eighteen is a big thing, but why all the people I don't actually know?"

Jack pulled at his tie, wanting to get the damn thing off, so he could breathe, because - holy fuck! - he was standing next to the Alexander Gaskarth. The Alex Gaskarth who was due to inherit the Gaskarth Company in a year. And goddammit, he was hot. He left his tie undone hanging round his neck.

Jack smirked, thinking about that, maybe he could have some fun, despite all the stuck-up people inside.

"Well, some say eighteen is when your life really begins, after all, it's when you're an adult in the eyes of the state. Fuck, I wish I was eighteen already." He replied, watching Alex's face for his reaction for his swearing.

Alex didn't even blink. Jack thought he wasn't as...sheltered as his parents would make you believe.

"You're not eighteen?"

Jack shook his head regretfully, "No, I'm only sixteen. Unfortunately."

"You don't look it." Alex said, with a soft smile directed at him.

Jack was surprised, was it his imagination, or was Alex flirting with him?

He smiled, "Thanks."

They fell into a comfortable silence, until Alex said, "Jack?"

"Mm-hm?" Jack mumbled.

"Where are you from? Because you don't sound English, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Lebanon," He sighed, thinking about his home country, "It's the best place on earth. We only came to England because my father got an offer of a job over here."

"So do you miss Lebanon?"

"Of course! My grandparents are still there, along with my friends!" Jack exclaimed.

Jack watched as Alex hit himself on the head and muttered, "Stupid question."

At that moment, soft music filtered out through the door. Alex stood a little straighter, his head cocked towards the music.

What happened next shocked Jack to the very core of his being.

Alex extended a slim hand and said, "Care to dance Jack?"

Jack stared, he couldn't form words. Alex wanted to dance with him, when there was tons of prettier girls in there, no doubt waiting for Alex's reappearance.

"Jack? Will you dance with me?"

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, stepping forward and taking Alex's offered hand.

Because Jack was so shocked, Alex had to take his hand and place it on his own waist. Jack shuddered as butterflies accumulated pleasantly in his stomach as Alex started to sway them slightly.

It was perfect, just him and Alex swaying slowly to the music floating through the half open door. Jack smiled contently, taking a risk and leaning his head against Alex's chest, as he was a few inches taller than Jack. Alex's only response was to move so Jack's head was comfy.

"This is nice." Alex murmured.

Jack looked up at him through his dark eyelashes and said quietly, "Yeah, it is."

At that moment, the music stopped and a shout pierced through the silence,

"Alexander! Where are you?"

Alex pulled himself away from Jack quickly, leaving Jack with a urge to hug Alex tightly.

"I'm sorry Jack. I've got to go, my mother..." Alex said, begging him with his brown eyes to believe him.

"It's alright. Go." Jack replied, smiling sadly.

"I truly am sorry." Alex whispered in his ear before pressing a chaste kiss to Jack's cheek and going back into the party.

Pressing a hand to his cheek where Alex had kissed him, Jack couldn't suppress the feelings that were gathering in his stomach. He hoped that they would meet again soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it, but the rest will be up soon!