Status: This is now complete, but look out for the sequel coming soon. :)

Dark Blue

I Must Be Dreaming.

The next time Jack heard about Alex was the next morning when he was in his pyjamas, eating his cornflakes. His mother and sister were gossiping about the party the night before. Jack wasn't paying attention, lost in his memories of the night before.

Jack's brain switched on when his mother said, "...Alex's has fallen for someone special."

Who? His brain screamed, desperate for answers. He listened in on their conversation, shoving a spoonful of cornflakes in his mouth.

"Really? Who?" May questioned.

His mother shook her head, "He won't say apparently. We obviously know it's a girl who was pretty enough to catch his undivided attention, but he couldn't be found during the dance that he was supposed to dance with her."

Jack felt as though his throat had dried up, he couldn't swallow his mouthful of cornflakes. During that dance, Alex had been dancing with him on the balcony outside. He chewed thoughtfully. Did that mean Alex had fallen for him? Instead of those pretty girls in their prettier dresses?

Jack was unsure how to take that news. Quickly, he finished his cornflakes, put his empty bowl in kitchen sink and left to get dressed properly.

After changing into his torn skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt and layering a deep blue checked shirt over it, he went downstairs after grabbing his phone and iPod classic. He slipped his feet silently into his black converse.

Halfway out of the front door Jack heard a call of his own name. He sighed and went back into the house to face his mother.

Jack entered the kitchen to his mother pacing around, clearly waiting for him.

"Jack?"

"Yes mother?" He said, leaning against the white doorframe.

"Stop slouching Jack, you know how I hate it," His mother said sharply, smiling when Jack did as he was told, "I only wanted to ask you if you enjoyed last night."

Jack smiled widely, memories of him and Alex dancing flowing into his brain.

"Yeah, I did." He answered.

"Good, because there's another function in three days time. Again you'll be coming with me." She informed him.

"Where is it?" Jack asked.

"At the Gaskarth's place, as usual. Why?"

"Just wondering," He shuffled his feet, "Can I go now?"

"Go on then. Don't be late back. Tea's at six and we won't be waiting for you." His mother said before turning away to the counter.

Jack took that as his cue to leave on his expedition to the Gaskarth's place. He grabbed his skateboard while passing the door and jumped on it, pushing himself on with a converse-clad foot.

Quickly altering his course so he didn't crash into a young child, Jack threaded his iPod headphones up his t-shirt and put them in his ears, instantly pressing play and hearing Fall Out Boy's "I Don't Care" blast into his ears simultaneously.

---

On approaching the Gaskarth's residence, Jack slowed down and surveyed the entrances and exits. The obvious one was straight through the main iron-wrought gate which was guarded by two uniformed men with an Alsatian each. Jack didn't think they'd be likely to let him in.

Instead, he hid his precious skateboard in a bush and crept around to the back. Jack took a deep breathe and sidled through the green hedge surrounding the property. He was thrust into a massive garden, he seemed to be at the end farthest away from the Gaskarth's house.

Jack sighed, dreading the thought of getting caught, and started to walk along the side of the grass, towards the house.

"Jack? Is that you?"

He whirled around, ready to make excuses and try to explain, only to sigh in relief when he saw it was just Alex.

"Alex! You can't do that to me!" Jack exclaimed, "I nearly had a heart attack!"

Alex was laughing, wiping his eyes, "Funny though. Why did you decide to come through the hedge rather than, say, the gate?"

"Somehow I doubt they would've let me in." Jack replied, gesturing to his current clothes.

Alex looked him up and down, and then pulled Jack into the clump of trees they'd been standing next to. Jack was slammed into the trunk of the nearest tree. Alex had a good grip on his shoulders, his fingers digging into the back of Jack's shoulders.

"Oh I don't know, I think you look pretty fine to me." Alex said in a hot, sultry voice straight from the bedroom.

Jack's eyes widened involuntarily, and he managed to croak out, "Holy shit Alex," before Alex crashed his lips into Jack's.

Jack reciprocated before he could think, his lips moulding nicely to Alex's. Jack felt his tongue slip out of his mouth and swiped a line along Alex's soft lips, which opened at the slight pressure. He delved his tongue into Alex's mouth, mapping the inside.

After a few minutes, Alex pulled away, his chest rising and falling, much to Jack's disappointment. He pouted, his thick eyebrows furrowing together, as Alex let go of him completely and took a step backwards away from him. He looked at the ground.

Jack remembered why he'd come - to question Alex.

"It's me, isn't it? The one you've fallen for?" Jack said breathlessly.

Alex's eyes snapped up to look into his own, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I know you're not like me. But... the feelings I got from our dance last night were unforgettable, and I couldn't stop thinking about how you'd felt in my arms." Alex blurted.

Jack smiled softly, reaching out a hand to stroke Alex's cheek, "Me too. But did you have to tell the whole town?"

"That wasn't - wait what?!"

"Yes, Alex, I like you back." He said, chuckling a little at Alex's spluttering. It was cute.

Alex stumbled backwards until he was against the nearest tree.

"I cannot believe this is happening." He whispered.

"That what's happening?" Jack asked, cocking his head to the side.

"You liking me, for me, not my money."

"Well, of course I would like you because you're you. Why would I want your money?" He said, his eyebrows drawing together again.

Alex sighed heavily, running a hand absentmindedly though his dark brown locks, "All the girls before you, Jack, were only after me because of my money, no other reason."

Jack stepped towards Alex and said sincerely, "I can promise you I only want you for you, not your money."

Jack watched as all the tension that had built up in Alex's face flowed away at his words. He gently placed his hands on Alex's hips and pulled him forwards, so they were touching. Alex's hands went to Jack's shoulders automatically, his fingers tracing invisible lines on Jack's shoulder blades.

Jack waited patiently for Alex to make the first move, and, sure enough, moments later, Alex cautiously leant forwards. Jack followed his lead, their lips brushing softly against each other. Jack's eyes slid shut when Alex's tongue glided along his lips, asking politely for entrance. Jack granted it and their tongues gracefully danced in the others' mouth.

All at once, it was over and Jack was staring at Alex with a dazed look in his brown eyes.

"Fuck, Alex, that was... that was... mindblowing..." Jack said, his hands still on Alex's hips, his fingers stroking them softly.

"I need you Jack, like I've never needed anyone else before." Alex confessed, smiling nervously.

Jack kissed him tenderly on the cheek, saying, "Don't worry, I need you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second part! :)