Status: This is now complete, but look out for the sequel coming soon. :)

Dark Blue

A Love Like War

"I can't believe it's only been five days since I met for the first time. It feels like I've known you my entire life." Jack said, feeling Alex twist his fingers into the ends of his black hair.

Jack and Alex were hidden from view by the trees they were standing in. Jack felt incredibly relaxed being with Alex, having him run his fingers through his hair comfortingly.

"I know what you mean!" Alex exclaimed quietly, as so not to attract attention from many people in the garden.

It was the day of the party, or function, or whatever the hell Jack's mother had called it. He didn't really care what it was called, all he cared about was seeing Alex again. Even though Jack had been sneaking into the grounds of the Gaskarth's residence for the past three days in ordered to meet with Alex, he felt like he needed the older boy in his life, all the time. That realization scared him, but at the same time, it gave him a lighter step, with a more cheerful look on life in general. Not that his family had noticed, they were all too busy to notice Jack.

Jack felt his lips being captured by Alex, and he gasped silently, his eyes snapping to Alex's, which were full of love and adoration. It was unexpected, but nice. Jack moved his hands so they settled on Alex's hips, squeezing gently to get a response. Alex's hips jerked forward, colliding with Jack's in a movement that sent sparks running through Jack's bloodstream and his heartbeat racing. It felt like Alex had just set Jack's bones alight with one simple movement. He groaned into Alex's mouth before pulling away with extreme reluctance. This didn't deter Alex though, who simply started biting and sucking his way down Jack's neck.

"Alex, not now." Jack said, pushing Alex off him, even though he'd been enjoying the sensations Alex was causing in him.

Alex pouted sadly and Jack kissed him lightly on the lips, which made his pout go away.

"Why not?" Alex asked, interlinking their fingers together as Jack stepped backwards to lean against a tree.

"Because," Jack replied, moving his right hand up to cup the older boy's cheek, "You have to get back to the party."

"I don't want to."

"I'm afraid, love, if you're gone any longer your parents are going to notice."

Alex looked so downhearted at that, Jack pressed a kiss to the older's forehead, saying, "I'll be near you Alex."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Alex smiled softly at Jack, causing butterflies, or you know, birds to erupt in his stomach. They hadn't actually said the three words to each other yet, but Jack knew he loved Alex. And he was also pretty sure that Alex loved him back.

He pressed a quick kiss to Alex's cheek and pushed him gently towards the main part of the party. It was a nice night, the stars were out and the moon was shining, so it made sense for the party to be outside. Or, at least, that's what Alex had told Jack his mother had said.

Jack waited about five minutes and then emerged into the party, banging into a waiter as he did so.

"Sorry, sorry." Jack said.

"It's alright." The waiter said causally, as through it happened all the time.

Jack scanned the garden for Alex, spotting him near the fountains, illuminated by the soft lights in the trees above him, Alex's caramel brown hair shining. Jack allowed himself a foolish grin before heading over to hover nearby.

Luck was in Jack's favour because his mother was stood talking to someone near to where Alex was stood talking to his own mother. Jack went over to his mother, easily integrating himself into her conversation. But he wasn't really paying attention to his mother, he was eavesdropping on Alex and his mother.

"...marry her? She's a perfectly lovely girl."

Jack saw Alex's face twist into a scowl and then heard his reply a few painstaking minutes later:

"I can't. I've already got someone. I love them."

Jack felt his face burn as a blush settled on his face. Alex loved him! That was enough to make him want to go and kiss him right now, in the middle of the party. His face hurt from the size of the grin that had formed.

"Jack, why are you smiling like that?"

He snapped his gaze at his mother and managed to stutter, "Oh, uh, nothing in particular."

"Okay then." was all she said and then turned back to her conversation.

Jack was still shocked that Alex loved him back, when the boy in question walked over to him and slung his arm around his waist, pressing a kiss to his reddening cheek.

"What are you doing?!" Jack hissed in Alex's ear.

"Showing everyone who I love." Alex muttered under his breath, tightening his hold on Jack's waist as Alex's mother came towards them.

"Alex?! This is a boy! You can't love him!" His mother said angrily.

Jack put his arm around Alex's shoulders and said accusingly, "And why can't he love me? I love him!"

"You do?" Alex breathed.

A smile crept onto Jack's face as he replied, "Yeah, I do, with all my heart."

Jack was stunned as Alex pressed a long, slow kiss to his lips, in front of Alex's parents and everyone at the party. He couldn't help responding, his eyes slipping shut as Alex's tongue slid along Jack's lips, delving inside his mouth. Before Alex could go any further, Jack pushed him gently off him.

"Er Jack?"

Smiling, Jack turned towards the voice of his mother, whose face didn't give anything away.

"Yes mother?"

She cleared her throat before continuing, "Is Alex the reason you've been so happy for the past few days?"

Jack nodded emphatically.

"It's just, your father and I were wondering why."

"So you accept me loving Alex?"

She nodded before disappearing back into the party.

A weight Jack didn't know he was carrying went away and he turned to Alex's mother, who was looking at him like he was the scum of the earth. Jack smiled brightly.

"You can't love him. He's a boy!" Alex's mother said again.

Alex sighed, "Haven't we already established that I love him? Why isn't that enough for you? To see me happy?"

"Because we need you to contiune the Gaskarth line. How can you do that if you're with a boy?"

Jack jumped in, not liking the way Alex's mother was looking at him, "And why can't we adopt, or have a surrogate mother?"

"Because then it's not really Alex's child, is it?"

"You want to have children with me?"

Jack turned to his love, and said, "Of course I do. Why wouldn't I?" He pressed a kiss to Alex's forehead, standing on his tiptoes; Alex was a few inches taller than he was.

He pulled on Alex's hand, dragging him away from his mother, who looked like she was ready to explode. He pushed through the crowd and into the trees.

Jack looked into Alex's eyes and found they were full of adoration and, most definantly, love, directed at him only. He was sure his own eyes were conveying the same feelings. He groaned as Alex pushed him against a nearby tree, biting and sucking at his neck.

"You have no idea how much I love you right now." Alex growled in Jack's ear, his tongue flicking over the inside.

"I think I have a fair idea." Jack gasped as Alex captured his lips in a searing kiss that had all the passion Jack felt for Alex reciprocated and more.

Alex pulled away, much to Jack's disappointment, but the look on his face stopped Jack from complaining. It was full of lust and love. Alex truly took Jack's breath away.

"Jack, I want to run away with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is part 3. Hope you like it.

Comments are welcome!