pierce the veil fanfic number 2345

Party at Mikey's

Z never thought nobody understood him. He always had a couple friends that got him and a lot of people that would have his back if he needed anything. But he never really met somebody that always understood him, he thought that would happen when he got older. Or just old.

“Hey Z”

He shook his head, tipped the brim of his hat up and smiled to whoever was calling him. Clutched his beer can a little harder. “Yuh.”

“You met my girl Ashley?” Rye said.

He looked at the girl who asked him out last week and smiled. “Hey girl.” Z nodded to her.

Ashley’s face lit up. “You rocked the field tonight!” She stepped toward him, arms out. Really, she was going to hug him? Wait did she just stagger?

He had to put his arms out to catch her as she fell into his arms. That wasn’t an accident. He knew because she squeezed his muscles as he caught her. “Whoa Ashley.” He said. He could smell how drunk she was. She smiled up at him. He shot Rye a look that said get this chick away from me.

Rye smiled and shook his head. He was getting some tonight. What the hell was playing now? Pharrell? "Hey babe, lets get some air." He recovered Ashley from Z's arms and waved goodbye, planning the smoothest way to get her home.

"Maybe you should chill here for a minute." Z looked at Rye but he'd already whisked Ashley away and waved goodbye in one sweeping motion, they were out of his line of vision. Everything was out of his line of vision. He looked at his beer. How many of these did he have?

Truth was, he didn’t want to be at the party but he didn't want to sit in his room either. Everything seemed to affect him this way lately, he didn't care either way. A bunch of guys were playing Left 4 Dead on the couch. A skinny pale kid was playing the music and smiling proudly each time one of Z's friends walked past the kid and messed up his hair, telling him how awesome the party was. The party wasn't going to be anything special, it was just a place for everybody to hide out and drink, to celebrate winning the game, to try to hook up. Almost everybody there had a big brother to score booze for them. The skinny kid playing music had arranged the biggest pyramid of beer cans Z had seen yet. This thing was a 3 dimensional pyramid everybody was calling a beeramid.

The skinny DJ kid told everybody they could do whatever they wanted, request songs, use the bedrooms, but when the beeramid ran out everybody had to go home. Through the power of word of mouth, or probably text messages, the pyramid kept refilling. Z hadn't actually seen that before, usually everybody smuggled in a couple beers in their coat. He'd only brought a six pack but he had about twice that by now.

Z figured he should probably acknowledge the skinny kid for the party, thank him for the beer. The room was spinning just a little as he walked up to the table to see a ton of cords, a couple of laptops, a turntable and a mess of wires and switchboards.

"Holy shit, nice setup." Z wanted to touch everything.

The kid tore his headphones off and smiled. "Big Z!" He smiled. Shit, he didn't know what the kids name was.

"Sick party bro." He nodded. "Where’d you get all this?"

"I DJ at weddings and stuff." He mumbled, fumbling with some buttons. "Wanna try it?" He stepped aside.

"Uh." Z held his hands up. He was at a loss for words tonight. "No man, I have no idea how this shit works."

The skinny kid smiled. "Nah neither did I, but check this out." He pressed a couple of buttons on a side panel and they lit up. Each time he pressed a button a different beat pumped. For a moment Z thought he could handle it. He looked up at the room, all the people standing around, the girls dancing, the guys watching or hugging them.

"Yo Z! Spin me something!" A guy yelled.

Z looked at the skinny kid and shook his head. "Just press these." He pointed to the button panel. The skinny kid pushed the headphones to Z's palm.

Z pushed a button. "All I want for my birthday is a big booty ho" played over the music.

"Yeah! BIG BOOTY!" A guy yelled.

Z pressed the button again. The skinny kid laughed, and smiled at Z. Did he have a tattoo on his chest? "Dude is that a tattoo?" He towered this kid. Then again, Z pretty much towered everybody.

"Yeah man, check this out." The skinny kid lifted his shirt and showed Z his chest piece.

"YEAH! TAKE IT OFF DJ!" Some guy yelled. A bunch of guys joined in chanting 'TAKE IT OFF'.

The skinny kids face turned red. "Just do it man, it's pretty rad." Z shook his head at the guys. They didn’t stop chanting until the skinny kid spun his shirt over his head and threw it on the floor.

Z pressed another button and a slow piano solo chimed over the beat. "DUDE LET THE KID DO THE SPINNING!" somebody yelled.

"Yo go fuck yourself." Z shouted. "This is some beautiful shit."

A bunch of people laughed. "You drink man?" Z asked the skinny kid.

"Yeah but." He suddenly looked very uncomfortable.

"Somebody get this guy a drink." Z shouted. To his surprise a hot girl was already walking toward them.

"Here Mikey." She said in a hushed voice, standing behind them. "It's water." She winked at Z, handing a beer can to the skinny kid. Z noticed more people dancing suddenly, apparently all it took was for Z to stand there, press buttons, and watch everybody

"Mikey." Z said, trying to memorize the kids name. "Big Mike." He tried. Didn't fit him, the kids face lit up like a Christmas tree as he started to put his shirt on again. There was something about this kid. Z decided tonight would be his night.

"Thanks babe." Mike said to the girl, waving her away and drinking his water in a beer can. He'd caught the attention of a few girls in the room.

"Show your tatts of dude." Z tried but Mike already had his shirt back on.

"DUDE!" Some drunk guy booed and hollered from the blur of people. "I SAID TAKE IT OFF!"
Mike sighed and bowed his head.

"HEY." Z shouted. "GET HIM SOMETHING REAL TO DRINK!" He shouted back.
A bunch of guys chanted 'TAKE IT OFF' again.

"Here's the plan." Z pressed a bunch of buttons and spun the turntables to drown out the chanting. Z leaned closer to Mike. Mike looked nervous, Z ignored it, he was just like this kid once. "You're gonna take a shot of something and spin the newest song you have mixed with the oldest thing you have. When people start yelling, you take however many shots come at you. Do whatever they throw at you." He knew how this night would go. He usually left the party before the hard liquor came out. You could pretend to drink and act cool, or you could actually drink and stop giving a fuck about what everybody thought of you.

Of course, Rye brought out the huge bottle of rye it was his trademark. A huge half empty bottle of Vodka was already sitting by the turntable but Z knew this was water. Why wasn't Mike drinking anything?

*party continues*
♠ ♠ ♠
I got tired of listening to rap and writing the party scene
But this is the first time I've written anything in a long time