Betrayal

Night out

“Elly, you're here finally!” Lauren called out to Elly with a grin on her face as she saw her walk into the college doors. If the young brunette knew why she was late and what she had been up to with her father there definitely wouldn't be a grin on her face, more of a grimace.
The blonde took a deep breath, trying to hide any guilt on her face and returned the grin to her friend, tucking her hair behind her ear.
“Yeah I didn't realise the time,”
Lauren laughed at her friend and rolled her eyes. She linked her arm with Elly's and quickly spoke again. “Oh yeah before I forget to tell you, my Dad's picking us up when we finish at 4,”
Elly's heart almost stopped as she mentioned Billie Joe, she swallowed back a lump in her throat and nodded her head.
“Yeah cool,” She replied to her friend, trying to sound as normal as possible.
“Are you OK El?” Lauren asked Elly with a worried expression.
“Oh I'm fine, I just can't be arsed with college today and I need a bloody good night out,” She assured her friend with a small laugh.
“Then lets go out tomorrow night, its student night babe!”
Elly looked at Lauren's excitable face, they hadn't had a night out together in nearly eight months, because she'd been too busy with her Dad most likely. She agreed to go out with her best friend, she needed some Billie Joe free time, he was taking over her life. Every thought, every feeling she had, it was for him, she even had a secret photo of him in her underwear draw at home. She took it quickly when he had come to see her one night, he was laid on her bed topless giving her a sultry smile. She had quickly snapped the picture of him before he had chance to protest.
4'o'clock came a lot sooner than Elly would have hoped, she was feeling nervous about seeing Billie Joe again today, especially with Lauren being in the car. She found it hard to hide her emotions, especially when he looked at her with those memorising green eyes. The two girls left the college building and walked over to the car that was parked waiting for them.
“Hi Dad!” Lauren said as she opened the front car door.
“Hello daughter,” He laughed, looking from Lauren to the back seat at the shy blonde girl who he had seen only a few hours ago and she wasn't shy then. “Hi Elly,”
“Hiya,” She replied quietly meeting his gaze, before quickly putting her head down. Her heart was pounding like crazy, she felt like she was going to either jump on him because she wanted him so much or just cry because of how sorry she was to her best friend. As Billie Joe began the drive back to his house, Lauren told him they were having a night out clubbing the next night, he seemed ok about it, but then he looked at Elly through the rear view mirror and frowned. Which meant he was clearly not happy. Billie Joe pulled the car into the large driveway of his house, they all got out of the car and walked inside the big, some might say, posh house. Billie Joe was the boss of an accounting company that he set up 15 years ago which earned him a lot of money. He had always been a family man, a faithful one too, his main priority was looking after his wife and daughter. Then about a year before Lauren had started going to college he and Adrienne had drifted apart. Arguing about money, how she wanted to do more or sometimes she would say he wasn't doing enough, which made him laugh, all he did was look after her. When Lauren was 16 she went to college and one evening she came home with a new friend, a very pretty blonde girl called Elly. Billie Joe couldn't help but notice the sweet looks the young girl gave him. It was obvious that she had crush, he had tried to shrug it off and ignore it, all though he had to admit he was extremely flattered. Lauren and Elly were in a maths class together and they had become best friends which meant Elly was around a lot for dinner, sleepovers or sometimes the girls would go partying. Neither of the girls had passed their driving tests so Billie Joe took the young Elly home a lot. Elly never did stop with the admiring glances and one night when they were in the car, the night of her 18th birthday, he pulled up onto the side of a road and looked at her adoring blue eyes with his own seductive green eyes and asked her if she wanted to spend the night with him in a hotel to which she had bitten her lip and nodded eagerly.

As they three of them walked into the beautiful clean house, a pretty brunette woman, who looked like an older version of Lauren, stormed up to Billie Joe. Hands firmly on her hips and an angry expression upon her face.
“So what excuse have you got this time huh?”
He scowled at his wife of 20 years. “What are you talking about?”
“The fucking money Billie, £2,000 that has miraculously disappeared from our bank account!” Her tone had turned into a shout, she was extremely pissed off with him. For the last eight months money had been disappearing from their joint bank account and she was sure he was lying to her. Billie Joe ran a hand through his thick black hair, knowing full well what the money had been spent on. He sighed, turning to look at Lauren and Elly who were stood next to him. They both wore uncomfortable expressions as his wife continued to shout at him. Elly especially looked uncomfortable, her face was reddening and she looked like she was about to burst into tears. He suggested that the girls go upstairs and order a pizza, to which they quickly agreed to and made their way upstairs as fast as lightening, wanting to be out of the way of the arguing. Once the two girls were upstairs the couple continued to shout at one and another. Adrienne accused Billie Joe of being on drugs, to which he was extremely angry about and he adamantly told her that he wasn't on drugs and that he couldn't believe that she would actually think that, after 20 years of marriage. She had shouted back at him that she didn't know what to think because she felt like she didn't even know him anymore. It took a good half an hour but he got his wife to believe his story that he'd needed money to fix his guitars, his hobby other than work and to pay for his car insurance.
“If you're lying to me Billie, its over,” Adrienne told him sternly as she looked at her husband warily.
“How many times Adie, I am telling the truth,” He put his hands on her shoulders, looking her in the eye. She gave him a small smile, which was code for 'I believe you' and she wrapped her arms around him. They hugged and Billie Joe gave his wife a loving kiss on the lips. He did love her, but something just wasn't there anymore, something he had to find again. He smiled down at her, kissing her soft lips once more. He decided he wanted to try and make his marriage work, he had to make an effort, which would mean breaking it off with Elly. Lauren walked back into the room, with Elly by her side. She explained to her parents what the plan was about the night out and that she was going to be sleeping at Elly's small flat for two nights. The same flat that Elly had taken Billie to many times. If only Lauren knew.