Betrayal

Its Over Now

Billie Joe took a deep breath as he pulled into the drive way, he was going to do it tonight, ask for a divorce. He knew Adrienne wasn't happy with him and he wasn't happy with her either, so why prolong it anymore? He ran his hands through his hair, took a deep breath and stepped out of the car ready to face his soon to be ex wife. He walked through the front door and slowly into the living room, where she was sat watching some stupid TV programme. He stopped at the door and she turned to face him with a small smile.
"Hey, did you get any popcorn?"
"No," He replied with a straight face. "We need to talk Adie,"
She frowned, standing up to meet his serious gaze. "What are you talking about Billie?"
Not backing down, he continued. "Its obvious we're both not happy together and its time we got a divorce,"
She looked at him open mouthed, trying to register what he had just said.
"A part of me will always love you, but the spark has gone, its completely gone. We don't ever laugh together, there's just nothing there, I'm sorry," He explained to her as he gulped, worried about how she would react.
"OK, I understand that, but what about Lauren?" She asked.
"She's grown up now Adrienne, she understands we're not happy,"
Not knowing how to react, she looked at him with a glare and shook her head. Anger flashed through her and she took her wedding and engagement rings off, throwing them in Billie's direction. He opened his mouth to speak but Adrienne got there first. "You can have the divorce, now get out,"
Billie Joe left the rings on the floor, he felt they were hers and he didn't want them. Slowly he turned around to leave the house, he knew she was hurt and angry and he knew his presence would make it worse.
"And you can pick up your stuff in the morning. All of it, I want it gone," Adrienne yelled after him furiously. She watched as he got in the car to leave, her eyes beginning to fill with hurt tears, she couldn't believe he was ending their marriage after twenty years, not even wanting to try and make it work. Adrienne paced up and down frowning as she ran her hands through her hair, trying to figure out why her husband suddenly wanted a divorce. She narrowed her eyes as her brain began to add up his strangeness lately, the money, the random nights he stayed out. Immediately she realized, he was having an affair.

Lauren awoke the next morning with a killer hangover, her head was pounding. Whilst Elly slept on the floor where she had ended up passing out the night before, Lauren staggered around the bedroom trying to find some paracetamol. She didn't know where to look first, she tried the draw next to the bed. She riffled through the underwear trying to find the pills, but what she found instead, she was definitely not expecting. Lauren pulled a photograph out of the draw. Frowning, a confused look upon her face as she looked at the man on the photo. Her father, topless on her best friends bed. Before she lost her balance, she sat on the bed, her heat beat quickening, she felt so shocked and betrayed.
Elly groaned as she began to stir from her sleep. Sitting up, she squinted her blue eyes as they focused on Lauren, holding the photo. Lauren glared at the now awake Elly. A mixture of hurt and anger going through her.
“How long?” She hissed as she glared at her.
“What?” Elly stuttered, not knowing what to say. She'd completely forgotten about the photo. Lauren threw the photo at her, an angry tear falling down her cheek.
“How long have you been fucking my Dad!?”
“Lauren I'm so sorry,”
“I said how long!” She screamed, wanting to know how long her supposed to be best friend had been lying and cheating with her father.
Elly's chin began to quiver as she put her head down in shame, feeling sorry for hurting Lauren.
“About eight months,”
“How could you, why would you?” She questioned as she squinted her eyes in confusion, not understanding why her friend would go anywhere near her father.
“We love each other,” Elly told her truthfully.
Lauren gasped with a mock laugh, shaking her head.
“He's married to my mother Elly, he doesn't love you!”
Elly stood up and looked at Lauren who still sat on the bed, breathing heavily as she kept her eyes closed. The blonde Elly felt it was now time to be brave and give her friend an explanation.
"He's going to divorce your mum,"
Lauren who now had angry tears flowing down her face stood up to face Elly and slapped her hard around the face, leaving a burning red hand print. Gasping from the shock of the slap, Elly cried as she put a hand to her face. She watched with tears falling down her face as Lauren quickly began to grab all of her things. Elly didn't want this to happen, but she couldn't help her feelings, she loved Billie Joe and she wouldn't give him up, even if it meant losing Lauren. Once Lauren had everything ready, she looked at Elly's red tear stained face once more with anger and hatred.
“You are not my friend anymore, you disgust me and I hate you,”

That morning Billie Joe was back at the family home, packing up all of his clothes, he told Adrienne that he would have all of his personal belongings picked up later in the week. He stood at the door with two bags in his hands, ready to put into the boot of his car. Adrienne stood in front of him, her arms were folded as she wore a confused look in her eye.
"Why now?" She asked quietly.
"I told you, we're not working out,"
Adrienne shook her head at him and turned to go back into the house. All she was feeling was confusion, she wanted him to be honest with her. She knew there must be a reason for this, for him ready to just go so quickly. Billie Joe watched as she walked back inside the house, he frowned feeling horrible for breaking up the family. He turned around and walked over to his car, opening up the boot of his car. As he threw the bags into the car he saw Lauren walk into the garden, tears were pouring out of her eyes and she looked extremely angry. Billie Joe slammed the boot door shut and ran to his daughter who looked very distraught.
"Lauren, what's happened? Has someone hurt you?" He asked, concern in his green eyes.
She looked up at him, an angry glare in her eyes as she smacked at his chest in anger.
"How fucking could you, my best friend?"
Stepping back as she slapped him, shock and fear was written all over his face. Lauren knew, how did she find out? As if answering his thoughts, she shouted.
"I found a picture of you, sprawled out topless on her bed!"
"Lauren, I..." Billie Joe didn't know what to say as she continued to shout at him angrily.
"8 months, you've been sleeping with her for 8 months!"

Adrienne over heard her daughter screaming at Billie Joe, he'd been sleeping with Elly. She knew he was having an affair, but Elly? Their daughters best friend. Adrienne ran out of the house and to where Billie Joe and Lauren were. Without thinking, she raised her hand and slapped him around the face, it was so hard he felt he'd been cut with a razor.
"You fucking disgusting, cheating scum bag," Adrienne glared at him, pushing him away as she took her daughter in her arms, comforting her, stroking her hair. She looked at him with daggers in her brown eyes. "Go now,"
Watching his daughter and wife with hurt in his green eyes, he swallowed back a lump.
"I'm so sorry,"
"Just get away from us,"
Adrienne walked with Lauren into the house, her arm still wrapped around her hysterical daughter, she couldn't believe he had done this, cheated on them both with Elly. Billie Joe felt extremely guilty and sorry as he watched his family walk into the house, shutting the door on him. That was his life, his life with Adrienne since he was 20 years old. He got inside of his car, running his hands through his jet black hair and looked back at the house, the family home he'd lived in for 20 years, the home he'd become a man in, the home where they raised their daughter. He sat in his car, just staring at the house emotionally, thoughts running through his head. He felt numb as tears began to fall down his cheeks. He was feeling hurt and lost. Was losing his wife and daughter what he really wanted?